Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Texas A&M to the SEC

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
Ziggy116
OU
Deezy0814
josh200612
Farmer1906
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Texas A&M to the SEC Empty
PostSubject: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:50 pm

Not a done deal, but it is going down.

Pretty excited myself.

I wonder what happens to the leftovers of the Big XII.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Sweet! I knew it would happen LOL @ The Big 9!
Back to top Go down
Deezy0814
Green Belt
Green Belt
Deezy0814

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:29 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Not a done deal, but it is going down.

Pretty excited myself.

I wonder what happens to the leftovers of the Big XII.

they absorb into other conf. or stay with what's left and modify the name. they could go old school and go back to the southwest conference. who knows
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 am

You wanna bet that this doesn't go down? You should be praying it doesn't go down. A&M can't even win the Big 12, what hope do you have in the SEC?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:22 am

OU wrote:
You wanna bet that this doesn't go down? You should be praying it doesn't go down. A&M can't even win the Big 12, what hope do you have in the SEC?

Sure. Lets bet. Sig for a month?

OU wasn't winning in the end of the Big 8. Obviously that didn't mean they couldn't win in the Big XII. We got behind in the arms race, made a bad hire, and suffered for a decade. Now it looks like we're on the right path with Sherman and more and more facility upgrades. Plus financially and prestige the SEC towers over the Big XII. A&M would be dumb to pass for a 2nd time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 am

1 month sounds good. But what is the timeline? How long do we give A&M before we declare me the winner of the bet?
I may have been a little harsh when talking about A&M, they are clearly above all teams not name OU or Texas in the Big 12, that includes Ok St and Tech and whoever else you consider in that level. I could see A&M winning the Big 12 in the near future, even making multiple year runs.
But I'm not so sure if I was A&M I would be too excited about heading over to the SEC.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:29 pm

A&M beat both teams in the Big XII Championship game last year and had the same conference record. If A&M makes the move from Johnson to Tannehill a few weeks earlier A&M very well could have been Big XII Champs last year and possibly won a BCS Bowl. But that was too many "IFs" for my taste. Just making the point A&M is not far off and ranked in the top 10 preseason.

Rumor I'm reading is SEC is meeting Sunday and should announce then. The only other thing that could hold things up is if politics somehow get involved, but I don't think its going to happen. The Big XII may very well add UH which would keep TX politics happen.

For our bet I'll say by the end of Sept. Sound fair?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
A&M beat both teams in the Big XII Championship game last year and had the same conference record. If A&M makes the move from Johnson to Tannehill a few weeks earlier A&M very well could have been Big XII Champs last year and possibly won a BCS Bowl. But that was too many "IFs" for my taste. Just making the point A&M is not far off and ranked in the top 10 preseason.

Rumor I'm reading is SEC is meeting Sunday and should announce then. The only other thing that could hold things up is if politics somehow get involved, but I don't think its going to happen. The Big XII may very well add UH which would keep TX politics happen.

For our bet I'll say by the end of Sept. Sound fair?
I will agree with that first part for sure. A&M very well could have won the Big 12 last season. Also I thought A&M came out flat against Arkansas last season and should have won that game. Looked like the better team in the end to me. Like I said they could win the Big 12 and wouldn't shock me.

End of Sept. is more then fair, also I fully expect politics to get involved.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I can't til I can look at Von Miller stuffing OU on the goalline on 4th down every time you post.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:22 pm

I'm feeling pretty bad about the bet now, local radio guys are sure it's a done deal.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:30 pm

A&M's BOR just scheduled a meeting for Monday the say after the SEC Presidents meet.

A&M's president can make the announcement before the meeting, but it would be pending the BOR's approval.

Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:51 pm

OU wrote:

I guarantee they leave the Small 9...who officially has no business having an auto BCS bid now. Although the Big East and Pac 10 get them so whatever. Your conference is shit sir....no offense of course
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
OU wrote:

I guarantee they leave the Small 9...who officially has no business having an auto BCS bid now. Although the Big East and Pac 10 get them so whatever. Your conference is shit sir....no offense of course

The small 9 is still waaaayyy better than the Big Least.

The next big questions are...

Who else does the SEC add?
-FSU makes a ton of sense to balance the division
-OU (doubt it) or MU would be alright then move the Alabama schools to the east
-I personally wouldn't mind seeing Va Tech join the east to balance it out.
-Clemson or UNC (doubt it) would work too

Does this trigger the 16 team super conferences?
-Right now the Big XII is looking to add maybe UH to replace A&M. Just don't like the long term prospect of that conference. I see OU, OSU, TTU, & one more moving West while tu goes Independent.
-The B1G has to be looking at MU, WVU, V Tech, and tu with the way the SEC looks to be adding.
-What happens to the Big East & ACC? I think a merger would do wonders. Miami, FSU, WVU, Duke, UNC, TCU, Pitt, GT, Maryland, Cuse, Cincy, UCONN, L-Ville, NC State, UV, & USF is a decent super conference.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 12:15 pm

So now it looks like Mizzou is leaving for the SEC? LOL @ the Big 8!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Also the SEC will make A&M better they will have some new pipelines for recruiting.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Tired of being the Longhorns weak sister i take it.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:19 pm

With the SEC at 16, presumably, and the Big 8 back, I see a few things going down. If the Big 10 is proactive about it, the will go and get Oklahoma and OSU and Texas can go be like stupid Notre Dame if they want. Then I see them getting either Rutgers or Syracuse and UConn or Pitt. That is my bestguess right now.

I think the leftover garbage from the 8 will end up joing with the likes of Rice, Houston, Air Force, etc and forming some nonsense conference with Kansas and K-St maybe ending up in the Pac 10.

This is all jibberish, but none of it would surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:25 pm

I hear Maryland is looking at the Big 10 (B1G)

OU don't lose hope on out bet. tu is pulling out all the stop to try to stop A&M from leaving. It kind of baffles me because for the last few years all I heard from horns was how A&M was little brother and not a real rival and all that shit they would spew. I wonder what changed. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:28 pm

The funny thing is that you could tell OU was butthurt in his first post lol. Yes A&M is dissing your conference no one wants to be apart of that shitty conference anymore. No automatic bowl bid for you sir!
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 6:39 pm

That pretty much covers it Josh!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
With the SEC at 16, presumably, and the Big 8 back, I see a few things going down. If the Big 10 is proactive about it, the will go and get Oklahoma and OSU and Texas can go be like stupid Notre Dame if they want. Then I see them getting either Rutgers or Syracuse and UConn or Pitt. That is my bestguess right now.

I think the leftover garbage from the 8 will end up joing with the likes of Rice, Houston, Air Force, etc and forming some nonsense conference with Kansas and K-St maybe ending up in the Pac 10.

gotta realize Texas and Oklahoma have held the Big 12 up, Delos Dodds and OUs athletic director are really the commissioners of Big 12. They wont break up, too much money involved.

K State and Kansas will never be in Pac 10, Pac 10 adds big market teams with good crowds, Utah and Colorado are that. the Kansas teams sadly arent they are fucked.

What ppl need to realize is no Texas - Oklahoma split will ever occur
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Ziggy116 wrote:

gotta realize Texas and Oklahoma have held the Big 12 up, Delos Dodds and OUs athletic director are really the commissioners of Big 12. They wont break up, too much money involved.

K State and Kansas will never be in Pac 10, Pac 10 adds big market teams with good crowds, Utah and Colorado are that. the Kansas teams sadly arent they are fucked.

What ppl need to realize is no Texas - Oklahoma split will ever occur

This is still just nothing but complete speculation but I disagree with a lot of that. I think a split between those two is unlikely, but I wont say it will never happen. If money is the defense, look at what's available for Texas right now. Last year when the Big Ten was looking, all I heard was how the Texas teams will never split...we see how that is turning out.

If the Pac 10 will take the likes of Colorado and Utah, they would certainly entertain Kansas and K St. Utah has become the little brother to Boise St. and TCU and Colorado hasn't been relevant since Kordell Stewart and Rashaan Salaam.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:04 pm

I guess it's not a done deal and I still have some hope.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 pm

yeah they shot it down...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas A&M to the SEC   Texas A&M to the SEC Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas A&M to the SEC
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next