Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake

Go down 
+8
timthebim
josh200612
Andrew the Raider King
cascade_run
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake Empty
PostSubject: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:43 pm

OoOoOoOoO isssssonowwww..it looks like dey gon fite.

from MMA mania

Breaking news! Jon Jones and Rashad Evans don't like each other!

Now more than ever, especially after Evans defeated Tito Ortiz in the main event of UFC 133 back on August 6 in Philadelphia, solidifying his status as the light heavyweight division's number one contender.

The performance, which Jones referred to as the "same stuff" he's always seen from his former training partner, snapped a 14-month layoff and a change in fights, camps and opponents.

Following the fight, "Suga" told media members at the "Evans vs. Ortiz 2" press conference that he wants to "teach Jon Jones a lesson."

"Bones" took to his official Twitter account to respond:

"Sometimes I feel like apologizing for whatever I did to him to make him hate me so much. He's says I betray him. I clearly said I would HATE to have to fight my teammate and the ONLY way it could ever possibly happen is if Dana would fire me over it. He used that to start calling me Judas and a @JacksonsMMA [traitor]. He was looking for an excuse to bring out his envy after I won the belt. He was never my friend, he's a jealous snake."
These two are expected to settle their differences in early 2012 -- assuming Jones can overcome the challenge of former light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson at UFC 135 on September 24 in Denver.

In the meantime, prepare yourselves for months of anger, bitterness and name calling. And that's just from my Nostradumbass predictions column. But while we're at it, we should probably prepare for the same thing from two of the world's top 205-pounders.

Are you ready to see these two
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake Slapfight_gif
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Meow indeed.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:53 pm

I love when two fighters are really mad at each other or dislike each other, especially when thoughs two fighters actually are going to fight. It's a beautiful thing
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:03 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake Slapfight_gif
LOL, you're on fire!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Dude concentrate on your fight with Rampage, you got the camp, the trainer, and the belt, enjoy them while you still can.

There is like 6-7 months of this left, hopefully we will get the payoff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:09 pm

Jones is a snake.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:26 pm

War Shad...Kick his ass and break him so bad he never fights again...
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:25 pm

Jones is such a fucking liar.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:29 pm

I cant wait to see Shad fight Rampage or Bones either 1.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^

shad already fought page once. dont care to see that fight again knowing page wont be doing much.

now bones and shad, yes i want to see that but still think shad will be outmuscled and be put away
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 am

cascade_run wrote:
Dude concentrate on your fight with Rampage, you got the camp, the trainer, and the belt, enjoy them while you still can.

There is like 6-7 months of this left, hopefully we will get the payoff

My thoughts exactly. Though Jackson main strength is getting guys mentally ready, I imagine he reigns him in.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

although im not high on rampage he does have the power to ko anyone on any given day in the division. most likley not to happen but it would make many happy if rampage pulls off the ko win on his upcoming fight and shut jones up for good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:16 am

Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake 6
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:03 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

shad already fought page once. dont care to see that fight again knowing page wont be doing much.

now bones and shad, yes i want to see that but still think shad will be outmuscled and be put away

Yeah but that wasnt the REAL Rampage. He was coming off the movie and had a tough weight cut. a rematch would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:42 pm

timthebim wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah but that wasnt the REAL Rampage. He was coming off the movie and had a tough weight cut. a rematch would be awesome.

lol, man rampage wont even need to make excuses cus people love making them for him. i like the dude, he is funny and not so bad of an actor but dang. his camp said he was in the best shape he ever was in. he even started the dolce diet and has been on it since because he noticed how quick he was able to get in shape cus of it. was the real rampage the one that lost against gump? or was it the one who couldnt put away a glass chin fighter in jardine? what about the one who played it safe against machida? was that the real rampage. dude has power but hasnt ko'd a prime opponent since liddel 4 years ago. come on now, shad outstruck rampage,overpowered him and outfought him. only way i see rampage winnin a rematch is landing a single ko blow ,wich he could on anyone in the division, but not likely to happen.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:24 pm

The best Rampage fought Dan Henderson. And it was quick, but I think he was in great shape for Wanderlei the third time -- that was one he really wanted. If he can channel whatever it was that made him great in those two fights then he can make a fight of it.

I don't think he honestly was worried about Rashad, Jardine or Gump. Probably figured Rashad couldn't take him down and that he would KO Forrest and Jardine at some point. He has serious motivation issues, but is no easy fight. Rashad should amp up the talk to keep Jones focus off Rampage during the camp.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
The best Rampage fought Dan Henderson. And it was quick, but I think he was in great shape for Wanderlei the third time -- that was one he really wanted. If he can channel whatever it was that made him great in those two fights then he can make a fight of it.

I don't think he honestly was worried about Rashad, Jardine or Gump. Probably figured Rashad couldn't take him down and that he would KO Forrest and Jardine at some point. He has serious motivation issues, but is no easy fight. Rashad should amp up the talk to keep Jones focus off Rampage during the camp.

Now that is funny, I like where you are going with that one.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:09 am

throwdownfight1 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

lol, man rampage wont even need to make excuses cus people love making them for him. i like the dude, he is funny and not so bad of an actor but dang. his camp said he was in the best shape he ever was in. he even started the dolce diet and has been on it since because he noticed how quick he was able to get in shape cus of it. was the real rampage the one that lost against gump? or was it the one who couldnt put away a glass chin fighter in jardine? what about the one who played it safe against machida? was that the real rampage. dude has power but hasnt ko'd a prime opponent since liddel 4 years ago. come on now, shad outstruck rampage,overpowered him and outfought him. only way i see rampage winnin a rematch is landing a single ko blow ,wich he could on anyone in the division, but not likely to happen.

He was coming off tons of movie promo shit, that excuse is fairly reasonable,and Forrest beating Page is such a fallacy. Even in the Shad fight, sure Rashad was in better shape, more prepared, but Page had him dead to rights, Rashad was about to be finished and grabbed the back on the shorts (illegal) which is really the only reason he survived, I know Kings knows this. I'll admit Shad did look good in his last fight, but it was against Tito, we can only by the comeback so much...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 am

On Bones, dude killed his likability like no fighter I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:15 am

LA wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

He was coming off tons of movie promo shit, that excuse is fairly reasonable,and Forrest beating Page is such a fallacy. Even in the Shad fight, sure Rashad was in better shape, more prepared, but Page had him dead to rights, Rashad was about to be finished and grabbed the back on the shorts (illegal) which is really the only reason he survived, I know Kings knows this. I'll admit Shad did look good in his last fight, but it was against Tito, we can only by the comeback so much...

actually the only reason paged rocked him was because he caught rashad off balance as rashad was goin for a sloppy takedown. even after shad grabbed the shorts page clearly had him in a great position and couldnt capitalize. instead rashad quickly recovered and was able to take page down 2 more times so no , i dont think rashad was close to being completely out. other than the machida fight the only time shad has been really close to being out was in the thiago fight. now there thiago did catch him and hurt him bad. if u were to say thiago had him dead to rights in that fight then yes i agree.only reason shad survived that fight was cust thiago was so gassed. also im not putting much on shad after the tito fight, like u said it was an old tito who was gassed after 3 mins. in the end , once again, excuses are just things people make when one fighter isnt prepared for another one or a fight. shad beat page by coming in more prepared and outworked him and outfought him. unless page lands a single ko shot(wich he could but most likely wont happen) i dont see him beating rashad in a reamatch tito fight or not. rashad is just a better fighter

i also agree the best rampage seen from pride,ufc or whatever was his dec over hendo. i complete forgot about that fight.good stuff
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:04 am

throwdownfight1 wrote:
LA wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

actually the only reason paged rocked him was because he caught rashad off balance as rashad was goin for a sloppy takedown. even after shad grabbed the shorts page clearly had him in a great position and couldnt capitalize. instead rashad quickly recovered and was able to take page down 2 more times so no , i dont think rashad was close to being completely out. other than the machida fight the only time shad has been really close to being out was in the thiago fight. now there thiago did catch him and hurt him bad. if u were to say thiago had him dead to rights in that fight then yes i agree.only reason shad survived that fight was cust thiago was so gassed. also im not putting much on shad after the tito fight, like u said it was an old tito who was gassed after 3 mins. in the end , once again, excuses are just things people make when one fighter isnt prepared for another one or a fight. shad beat page by coming in more prepared and outworked him and outfought him. unless page lands a single ko shot(wich he could but most likely wont happen) i dont see him beating rashad in a reamatch tito fight or not. rashad is just a better fighter

i also agree the best rampage seen from pride,ufc or whatever was his dec over hendo. i complete forgot about that fight.good stuff

Ugh, forgot I quoted throwdown.., but Rashad survived because he grabbed the shorts, he was about to get GnP'd while rocked, that move saved him, which was illegal, even if Shad fought smart and dominated most of the fight, it doesn't negate the point he could have been finished without that move. And I'm sure we've seen enough fights to know guys can get rocked, recover and win the fight after that, so saying that cause he landed somes TDs he wasn't that rocked doesn't really apply. Remember this was a reply to you basically doggin Page, I simply pointed out that although Shad clearly won, easily Page could have finished him without that move. No reply necessary, I already know it'd be some form of the last post.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:10 am

Ya that's all throwdown does is dog Page lol.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:53 pm

i like page. read one of my first post on this thread. i clearly said the guy was cool on my book. good fighter, really entertaining, not bad of an actor .still doesnt mean ima be all up on the guy. from previous fights we have seen better fighters than him, its clear. some just like him way to much to over look the facts. heck had forrest not grabbed the fence back in the day mutliple times even after he was warned several times would of tito finished him? who knows, it doesnt matter, tito was a better fighter that day.

this kinda reminds me of the whole fedor goat discussions 2 years ago. i was never anti fedor but what had me turn away from him and at times root for the other guys were his silly fans thinking he was unstoppable and the god of mma. of course not all of fedors fans were like this but there wer many that wer. i was never a fedor hater, just a fedor obsessed fan hater. imo i believe anderson is the goat and a beast but that doesnt mean that he isnt human or that any mw on any given day cant ko him or sub him with a single blow or move. in mma anything can happen............thats why i love the sport
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake   Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Bones: Rashad was never my friend. Just a jealous snake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next