Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The 30 best movies of the 90's

Go down 
+5
LA
KingsOwn19
Birdofthad
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 am

Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
No Forrest Gump or Titanic?

Is this one of those sites like Bloody Elbow where just anybody can write an article?

No, and I am glad neither of those two made the list because they suck.

No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
You're an idiot. Plain and simple.

Forrest Gump sucks yet all you jock is kid shit.

Laughing

Touchy big guy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:31 pm

I really don't see that much wrong with the list, you could maybe exchange Point Break with Private Ryan.

The top ten is perfect, just maybe needs a reshuffle.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Who the fuck doesn't like Forrest Gump? One of the best movies ever made, seriously. Tom Hanks did an amazing job playing Forrest Gump.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:41 pm

OU wrote:
Who the fuck doesn't like Forrest Gump? One of the best movies ever made, seriously. Tom Hanks did an amazing job playing Forrest Gump.

I don't hate it, but I don't love it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

One of my favorite movies ever. Masterful job at character development. Experience so many emotions throughout that movie. I have never watched any movie more then I have watched Forrest Gump.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

You just said it sucked!

but i'm guessing any Robert Rodriguez b-movie cheese fest was better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:43 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

You just said it sucked!

but i'm guessing any Robert Rodriguez b-movie cheese fest was better.

Hell yes !!!!!! Desparado, From Dusk Till Dawn > Forrest Gump > Sergio Leone's giant turd.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:03 pm

From Dusk Till Dawn was only tolerable because Quentin Tarantino wrote an excellent first half. It was going just swimmingly and then Robert Rodriguez, as usual turned it into a nonsensical joke after the first 45 minutes or so. Sin City was somebody elses vision and once again..Quentin Tarantino stole the show.. Grindhouse would have been thel aughing stock if Quentin Tarantino didnt add Death Proof. If QT didnt have such a hard on for B Movies it would be difficult to imagine where Robert Rodriguez would even be in his film career. The El Mariachi series was only OK. The Faculty? Machete? Spy Kids?

Things like Desperado > Forrest Gump and Robert Rodriguez is better than Coen brothers is why you're a joke in movie discussion and you think this list is credible.

Ali, i like you despite your shit taste but you're 22 and you only like action/adventure fantasy movies and you still watch MTV award shows...you also like Akira which leads me to believe you're a japanese animation buff which points to animie which points to zero credibilty and possible virgin status.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:12 pm

I barely know anything about Japanese anime, I've seen Akira and Ghost In Shell, that's it. When I was a little nipper I absolutely adored Dragon Ball Z. Hardly qualifies me for a master on the genre.

QT stole Sin City ???? If anything it twas Bencio who stole that scene.

My taste is movies is amazing, don't be jealous of my treasured Troy Blu Ray.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:20 pm

Alright Kings lets settle this, I'll put my Blu Ray collection up against yours and we'll let the board decide who's got the better taste in movies. What say you ?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Ali wrote:
I barely know anything about Japanese anime, I've seen Akira and Ghost In Shell, that's it. When I was a little nipper I absolutely adored Dragon Ball Z. Hardly qualifies me for a master on the genre.

QT stole Sin City ???? If anything it twas Bencio who stole that scene.

My taste is movies is amazing, don't be jealous of my treasured Troy Blu Ray.

Benicio didnt wing it. Benicio did a great job but it's no coincidence that the best scene in the whole fuckin movie, with the best acting, the best dialougue, and scene stealing performances was written and delivered by Quentin Tarantino.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Ali wrote:
Alright Kings lets settle this, I'll put my Blu Ray collection up against yours and we'll let the board decide who's got the better taste in movies. What say you ?

My blu ray collection is quite slim there champ. I own like 10 blu rays and a lot of DVD's but I unfortunatly don't own even half the movies i would like to so it's pretty pointless. Just list your favororite movies and if i ever stop lauging after reading yours, i will post mine.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Make the list to 30.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 pm

http://www.ninjasplace.com/t7415-your-top-10-movies-ever?highlight=movies
Ali wrote:
I change my top ten every month Laughing

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
Gladiator
Saving Private Ryan
Pulp Fiction
Anchorman
Groundhog Day
The Dark Knight
Raging Bull
Die Hard
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:36 pm

http://www.ninjasplace.com/t6785-top-5-favorite-movies?highlight=movies
Ali wrote:
Lord Of The Rings trilogy ( I don't like choosing one they're all masterpieces)
Gladiator
Saving Private Ryan
LA Confidential
Anchorman
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:37 pm

OU wrote:
http://www.ninjasplace.com/t7415-your-top-10-movies-ever?highlight=movies
Ali wrote:
I change my top ten every month Laughing

Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
Gladiator
Saving Private Ryan
Pulp Fiction
Anchorman
Groundhog Day
The Dark Knight
Raging Bull
Die Hard
Raiders Of The Lost Ark

I'm sure some Twilight, Transformer, Thor, and Harry Potter has snuck in since then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:38 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali wrote:

My blu ray collection is quite slim there champ. I unfortunatly don't own even half the movies i would like to so it's pretty pointless. Just list your favororite movies and if i ever stop lauging after reading yours, i will post mine.

Favorites from Blu Rays
Fight Club, Se7en, Gladiator, Heat, L.O.T.R, The Thing, Saving Private Ryan, Reservoir Dogs, Raging Bull, Aliens.

Favorite from dvd's

Anchorman, Pulp Fiction, Lawrence Of Arabia, Taxi Driver, Stand By Me, A Clockwork Orange, Kill Bill Vol I, Indiana Jones: Raiders of The Lost Ark, Airplane, The Big Lebowski.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Ali wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Ali wrote:

My blu ray collection is quite slim there champ. I unfortunatly don't own even half the movies i would like to so it's pretty pointless. Just list your favororite movies and if i ever stop lauging after reading yours, i will post mine.

Favorites from Blu Rays
Fight Club, Se7en, Gladiator, Heat, L.O.T.R, The Thing, Saving Private Ryan, Reservoir Dogs, Raging Bull, Aliens.

Favorite from dvd's

Anchorman, Pulp Fiction, Lawrence Of Arabia, Taxi Driver, Stand By Me, A Clockwork Orange, Kill Bill Vol I, Indiana Jones: Raiders of The Lost Ark, Airplane, The Big Lebowski.
thats a good list...
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Anchorman sure sticks out. That's not even a top 5 comedy.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:45 pm

i dont even know what u 2 are arguing anymore...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 pm

It is pretty funny though. I'm Ron Burgendy? I love lamp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:47 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

Kings is just jealous of my amazing taste, knowledge and natural love of movies. Plus, I think he's got a secret crush on me. I sent him a picture of me in my kilt and now he's all smitten.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Kings is just jealous of my amazing taste, knowledge and natural love of movies. Plus, I think he's got a secret crush on me. I sent him a picture of me in my kilt and now he's all smitten.

That has zero to do with this.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Anchorman was funny and all, but it's no Dumb and Dumber.

que Ali "Dumb and Dumber sucks and so does Jim Carrey in his prime"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 30 best movies of the 90's   The 30 best movies of the 90's - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 30 best movies of the 90's
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next