Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikeforce Challengers 17

Go down 
+2
Andrew the Raider King
captain organic
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Strikeforce Challengers 17 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Challengers 17   Strikeforce Challengers 17 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:17 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Just think Bowling has a lot more potential and is the better fighter. Voelker is already 32 and I don't see the skill set there to ever really amount to anything special

good tdd, gets off the mat nicely when he is taken down, good offensive skills, with good power. Striking defense seems to be his biggest weakness, but that has been offset thus far by a superior chin. Fought very smart tonight as well, stayed composed, let the Bowling frenzy calm down, and then took him out. Has worked in 2 of the 3 matchups thus far, and very well may have done the same in the first fight if not for the eye poke.

Maybe he never amounts to anything more then an entertaining action brawler, but I try my best to not talk those kind of guys down.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Challengers 17   Strikeforce Challengers 17 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Good card.

I usually defend Mazzagatti, because i don't think he makes any more mistakes that most refs who don't get shit on all the time...but he fucked up in the Amagov-Stallings fight. That fight should have been a draw. Not only was Amagov caught grabbing the cage 4-5 times, his fence clenching stopped one or two takedowns in the third round, and interfered with a submission attempt in the second. He should have been docked a point. Otherwise, not really impressed with Amagov. Strikeforce Challengers has had a few of these flash kickers.

Great performance by Kaufman. Dominating. I think she'll get that belt back from Marloes or Miesha.

Cole-Jordan..ZzZzZ

Nice KO by OSP.

I think Voelker is ready for a bigger WW fight. Maybe against the Tarec-Smith winner. I would not count him out eithier. He's tough.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Challengers 17   Strikeforce Challengers 17 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:28 am

Agree with B in that Bowling has more potential in the long run, but I think he's got some Pete Sell in him.

With ya Kings, my first thought after Sarahs fight was she'll beat either Marloes or Meisha.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Challengers 17   Strikeforce Challengers 17 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:44 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Sarahs not bad to look at... we doing spoilers in this thread?

Not bad to look at? Damn son, get some glasses
ok, before the fight she wasnt... after i changed my mind and wanted to edit the comment i posted lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Challengers 17   Strikeforce Challengers 17 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:45 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Nice finish but Voelker just really isn't that good and Bowling actually has potential
you know after the first round i thought Bowling would come out and keep that shit up until he went in there and went for the takedown? i was like WTF man keep it standing where you've been DOMINATING
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce Challengers 17   Strikeforce Challengers 17 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce Challengers 17
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2