Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I dont think Faber is a Draw

Go down 
+3
OU
KingsOwn19
Birdofthad
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

I dont think Faber is a Draw Empty
PostSubject: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:37 am

Im interested to get the PPV numbers because Faber vs Aldo did 150,000 buys and both times I have gone to the bar when Faber was the main event and both times were the most empty I have ever seen the bar.

Things that make you go hmm.......
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:04 am

Nationally, i agree. He's a moderate draw at best..and was definetly a good TV draw for WEC.

Here in Sacramento? forget about it. The guy sold out ARCO Arena a few times and brought in a lot of money. Only few MMA fighter can lay claim to having certain locations locked down. So..you could understand why Zuffa would consider him a huge draw. He made a lot of gate money for them and 150K buys for a non-UFC PPV is very good.

This will do about as good as their last few...but you have to understand that Faber has lost a lot of his hype over the couple losses to MTB and then Aldo dismantling him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:50 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Im interested to get the PPV numbers because Faber vs Aldo did 150,000 buys and both times I have gone to the bar when Faber was the main event and both times were the most empty I have ever seen the bar.

Things that make you go hmm.......
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/7/2263684/report-ufc-132-draws-around-350k-pay-per-view-buys
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription
required) is reporting Saturday's UFC 132 is looking to have drawn in
the range of 350,000-375,000 buys on pay-per-view according to
preliminary estimates.

Meltzer:

Very early PPV numbers look to be in the 350,000 to 375,000 range.
The number is lower than I would have expected. We won't have what I'd
call a definitive number for another week or two, but that's a prelim
number. The Countdown show was excellent, as Cruz and Faber should both
get A+ ratings for their selling of the fight. Even though the first
airing on a Wednesday afternoon did no viewers, it did normal
debut-level numbers for the replay since it was right after Impact. The
show looks to have been about 15% up from UFC 131 in the U.S., but was down in Canada (since 131 was from Vancouver, it was going to have more of a Canadian following.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:51 am

I'm with Kings, the guy is a draw but his drawing power has been damaged by his recent lack of success. For a guy who just recently entered the UFC, he's as big a draw as he could be. IF he could put together a winning streak and get the belt back sometime, he can get his drawing power back times 10 because of the UFC. He's no spring chicken, though, he may never get back the dominance he displayed in his title run in the WEC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:55 am

I don't think Faber is a huge draw but I think he is a decent draw and definitely one of the biggest draws from a non-Champion. I don't think these PPV numbers can really help us tell how big of a draw Faber really is. There were some decent draws on the card with him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Faber needed to win the strap to be a draw. His time is unfortunately over as an athlete.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:48 pm

How so wolf? You yourself thoght he beat Cruz. How is he all the sudden done? I see his next fight being against M Torres, a fight I see Urinah winning. All he needs is 2 wins and he gets another crack at Cruz... They're 1-1, we need a winner
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:51 pm

over as an athlete or a draw/contender?

seems a little over dramatic
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:52 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
over as an athlete or a draw/contender?

seems a little over dramatic

thats wolf afro
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 pm

His prime as an athlete is what I meant to say. Clearly he has some years left and is a top 5 BW, but his days of domination are over.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:55 pm

so over under amount of years it takes for a under 155 pound fight to break a million buys?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:03 am

Good question. If a white guy who is good on the mic starts knocking people out at the next UFC event, then not many. If the divisions stay full of Dominick Cruz, then forever.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 am

anyone think Chad Mendes moves down (if he even can) or someone like Hioki moving down to avoid the tougher challenge of Aldo.

Hioki is someone I could see pulling it off and becoming a huge star right on time for a UFC Japan event
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 am

I think it will take some time but is possible.

A half million buys is probably a more realistic question
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:39 pm

I think the fights with Mike Brown and Jose Aldo put huge cracks in Uriah Faber being able to become huge draw and bring the smaller guys to the forefront, those two losses did more damage to his career then probably all his wins from here on out will even if he somehow gets the 135 belt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I dont think Faber is a Draw   I dont think Faber is a Draw Empty

Back to top Go down

I dont think Faber is a Draw
Page 1 of 1