Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big Country walking pneumonia?

Go down 
+6
throwdownfight1
OU
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
LA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Big Country walking pneumonia? Empty
PostSubject: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 2:26 am

Posted it on his twitter..., I was only there cause I thought he'd post something funny about the MW talk, be crazy as hell but for it by the way. You know if true it makes sense because I've never seen Roy gas like that, he was done after the 1st rd. And in a pre-event interview with Ariel his voice was hoarse as shit.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:40 am

He looked the same as he did against JDS IMO, he needs to lose that gut
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:28 am

Lame excuse.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Maybe, he's also just not better than Mir
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:49 pm

Mir is just better. Roy needs to go on the biggest loser and help the ratings for the show and for Zuffa. Most imporantly he could lose all that and be a LHW. It's possible.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Roy Nelson is only like an inch taller then Demetrious Johnson.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:55 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
He looked the same as he did against JDS IMO, he needs to lose that gut

+1
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:02 pm

How is walking pneumonia a lame excuse? And he didn't even make it an excuse, simply said doctors told he had it, I made it an excuse. You can get by with it when your just the average person without much physical activity in you life, but when you have to go out there and go toe to toe with another man for 15 minutes it can be an issue. Anyone whose watched Roy longer then post-TUF knows he maybe fat, but has a solid gas tank. I've never seen him gas that quickly in a fight, so I put two and two together.

Against JDS one of the best strikers in the game Roy got picked apart but didn't totally gas out like he did in this fight, he could barely breath at times.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:09 pm

LA wrote:
How is walking pneumonia a lame excuse? And he didn't even make it an excuse, simply said doctors told he had it, I made it an excuse. You can get by with it when your just the average person without much physical activity in you life, but when you have to go out there and go toe to toe with another man for 15 minutes it can be an issue. Anyone whose watched Roy longer then post-TUF knows he maybe fat, but has a solid gas tank. I've never seen him gas that quickly in a fight, so I put two and two together.

Against JDS one of the best strikers in the game Roy got picked apart but didn't totally gas out like he did in this fight, he could barely breath at times.
there was also a lot more grappling and clinching in the fight against Mir, and i believe grappling takes more gas out of you than just straight punching... either way, Roy has better think his fight career over because he wont last long with how he's coming into fights...
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:10 pm

PS, who else was surprised as hell when Roy actually threw a head kick?
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:13 pm

LA wrote:

true, then again roy didnt have jds clinching him against the cage or on top of him as much as frank did. also he didnt do himself any favor coming forward in the beginin tryin to preasure frank against the cage. i think he was trying to do what carwin and lesnar did and preasure frank and control him to eventually break him . the thing was that roy didnt have the power or stregnth they did to do this. imo he had a better chance circling, moving and tryin to land that haymaker from the outside
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:14 pm

there is NO reason Roy should be coming in at 260! that's just lazy imo, and no he doesn't use his weight as an advantage
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:20 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Mir is just better. Roy needs to go on the biggest loser and help the ratings for the show and for Zuffa. Most imporantly he could lose all that and be a LHW. It's possible.

Celebrity Fit Camp? Could be $$$
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:21 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:

Celebrity Fit Camp? Could be $$$

DIBS!!! don't u steal my idea!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:25 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
LA wrote:

true, then again roy didnt have jds clinching him against the cage or on top of him as much as frank did. also he didnt do himself any favor coming forward in the beginin tryin to preasure frank against the cage. i think he was trying to do what carwin and lesnar did and preasure frank and control him to eventually break him . the thing was that roy didnt have the power or stregnth they did to do this. imo he had a better chance circling, moving and tryin to land that haymaker from the outside

He was wroking for the takedown, he's outgrapple Mir before, I'm thinking he felt he could do it again. But he tired out soo quickly he was easy to handle after the first rd. He was a zombie 2/3 of the fight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:28 pm

he outgrappled him in '04... when he was around 230, he just barely made the weight limit this time around
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:29 pm

oh and Mir added a good chunk of muscle since that grappling loss to Roy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:31 pm

Like I don't know this shit, but I said he probably felt he could do it again, Roy's taken down some very good HWs, he had no reason to believe he couldn't get Mir down.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:05 pm

Something us Roy fan Mir haters out there always neglect is that Mir was winning the grappling match handily until Mir gassed and Roy put it on him. But in the beginning of the match, Mir was schooling him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:57 pm

If he truely had walking pnemonia Im shocked his doctor would let him even enter the octagon. I had double pnemonia and was in the hospital for over a week because I lost all hydration and couldnt even get out of bed to even use the bathroom. I had only 69 percent of my oxygen and I literally felt like a fish out of water. So if Roy really had this shit going on he is a true pro for even taking the fight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:59 pm

Just rewatched it. Mir is winning for the first 2-2:30 minutes, nothing really should have gassed him either, he had Roy's back, then top control, after 2:30 it's all Nelson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPTgegc19lY
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:59 pm

He gassed out in the first round of his last fight as well. I seriously doubt pneumonia had anything to do with the outcome of this fight.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Not like that against JDS, and he may still have lost but he's never been huffing that bad in a fight before. Again, I don't even really care, and I made it an excuse, but if true it would def have some effect.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:20 am

Walking pnemonia? pfffft. Try bronchitis AND a knee injury.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/7/2210995/frank-mir-beat-bronchitis-knee-injury-and-roy-nelson-at-ufc-130
Mir, it seems, battled a bad case of bronchitis, right around the same time that his portly counterpart contracted walking pneumonia. In addition, Mir sustained a knee injury, according to ESPN.com, which forced him to miss a fortnight of his 12-week training camp.
It's no wonder both heavyweights were heaving with exhaustion after
just one round of action. In fact, Mir's trainer, Jimmy Gifford, says
that the plan was to take out Nelson early because they knew Mir might
not last 15 minutes.
Check out what he had to say:

Big Country walking pneumonia? Star-divide.v777cf8a

"The Sunday before the event, he ended up with Bronchitis. His
whole family was sick. The game plan in the fight was to go for it
early, try and land some big shots and then pull off the gas pedal. We
were worried about his breathing. Five days before the fight we had to
st
op practice because he had a panic attack and couldn't breathe. First time that's ever happened to him."
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:21 am

Pffft Mir, two weeks later, yeah by the way....

Roy was just like, guess the Doctors told me I have walking pneumonia....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Country walking pneumonia?   Big Country walking pneumonia? Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Country walking pneumonia?
Page 1 of 1