Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rampage is not longer a contender at 205

Go down 
+4
throwdownfight1
GDPofDRC
LA
Farmer1906
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 Empty
PostSubject: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:29 pm

He doesn't get into shape. He doesn't vary his game. He cares way too much about movies. The only thing he has going for him is a iron chin, solid wrestling defense, and power. He's a poor man's Chuck in his prime with less excitement in a much tougher division. I don't see him as a threat to Jones, Shogun, Rashad, and even think he'll lose to Machida is they fought again. Now I'm not trying to hate on Rampage, but just putting him on the outside of the top 5 when he's about to get a title shot.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Only lost to Rashad who held the shorts and would have been finished otherwise and Forrest who really lost, in how long? Granted he shouldn't have gotten the decision against Lyoto, but dude is a contender.

Last edited by LA on Sat May 28, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:33 pm

#1 Contender
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:39 pm

LA wrote:
Only lost to Rashad who held the shorts and would have been finished otherwise and Forrest who really lost, in how long? Granted he shouldn't have gotten the decision against Lyoto, but dude is a contender.

He did nothing vs Rashad and landed one flurry. That's all he's good for.

He got beat by Forrest and I've never understood the controversy.

He's not a real contender is what I'm saying. He's good, but he's checked out. He's not a threat to Jones and would lose to the top guys right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:42 pm

He got screwed against Forrest. Never got the title shot he was promised after beating jardine and beat machida. After Evans he gets the title shot.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
LA wrote:

He's not a real contender is what I'm saying. He's good, but he's checked out. He's not a threat to Jones and would lose to the top guys right now.

Yes but when that flurry came, he rocked Shad who then grabbed the back of the shorts (illegal) and that's the only reason he survived, Kings will back me on that.

Yes he did

Page Ko's Bones, maybe not but it's possible, kids chin has never been tested.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:46 pm

LA wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
LA wrote:

Yes but when that flurry came, he rocked Shad who then grabbed the back of the shorts (illegal) and that's the only reason he survived, Kings will back me on that.

Yes he did

Page Ko's Bones, maybe not but it's possible, kids chin has never been tested.

It has never been tested, but Rampage needs to be close and Jones has reach for miles and if it gets close then Jones already has you down. Page has nothing for Jones. Don't be shocked if it ends as soon as it hits the ground.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:50 pm

dude is a contender but a very beatable one. hamill is cracking top 15 imo but page wasnt able to put him away. still doesnt take away from the fact that his power was the reason for his win. rampage can ko any lhw any given day but still doesnt make him the #1 guy to give jones a run for his money. page imo is a great guy and good face for the sport (other than that time he went apeshit) but he is a very beatable contender. will he get next the next title shot after losing(the machida fight imo) and dec a handicap, yes. are there better fighters out there for jones (evans,machida) yes. to be honest, rampage is a great counterpuncher from the inside with good td defense but other than that, that guy wont engage unless someone comes towards him. guys like evans and forrest did and they got the best of him. it took machida 2 rounds to realize he was a better fighter. in the end as long as he is in the top 10 he is a contender he does deserve a chance against jones, he has ko power. is he a beatable top 5 guy, evans,forrest and machida have proven that so i see no reason why jones wouldnt be able too. good win for him , not great tonight. dana loves him so he will get the next title shot but the 3 listed above have proven to be better than him so imo one of them should be given a shot before him but if he gets the next shot i have no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Farmer.... GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

GREAT performance by Rampage, he stuffed every takedown from Hammil and beat the fuck out of him with a fractured hand... what more do u fucking want from him?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:56 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
dude is a contender but a very beatable one. hamill is cracking top 15 imo but page wasnt able to put him away. still doesnt take away from the fact that his power was the reason for his win. rampage can ko any lhw any given day but still doesnt make him the #1 guy to give jones a run for his money. page imo is a great guy and good face for the sport (other than that time he went apeshit) but he is a very beatable contender. will he get next the next title shot after losing(the machida fight imo) and dec a handicap, yes. are there better fighters out there for jones (evans,machida) yes. to be honest, rampage is a great counterpuncher from the inside with good td defense but other than that, that guy wont engage unless someone comes towards him. guys like evans and forrest did and they got the best of him. it took machida 2 rounds to realize he was a better fighter. in the end as long as he is in the top 10 he is a contender he does deserve a chance against jones, he has ko power. is he a beatable top 5 guy, evans,forrest and machida have proven that so i see no reason why jones wouldnt be able too. good win for him , not great tonight. dana loves him so he will get the next title shot but the 3 listed above have proven to be better than him so imo one of them should be given a shot before him but if he gets the next shot i have no problem with it.

Basically what I was saying when I said not a real contender and you say a very beatable contender.

He's not going to be champion ever again. I'd rather see him rematch Forrest or Hendo than fight one of the top 4 (Jones, Shad rematch, Shogun rematch, or Machida rematch)
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:57 pm

the rampage that fought tonight would beat R. Evans 9/10 times... IMO
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:59 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

GREAT performance by Rampage, he stuffed every takedown from Hammil and beat the fuck out of him with a fractured hand... what more do u fucking want from him?

He did well tonight. I am not arguing that. But he showed he still doesn't put the work in for his cardio. He still is a one trick poney (short power shots).

This was his chance to do whatever he wanted. Hamill's half assed takedowns would have been stuff by most guys with any strength or takedown defense. Hamill;s takedowns we half assed and from way too far outside. It was very clear he was worried about Rampage's power and got out of his gameplan.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:00 am

killerofchicken wrote:
the rampage that fought tonight would beat R. Evans 9/10 times... IMO

No chance in hell because Rashad would still take him down. Rashad's athletic and quick set up takedowns >>> Hamill's outside shots with unbent knees.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:01 am

this is a completely different Rampage though, he was quicker than ive seen him in a long while

plus his conditioning was great even in the third round
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:01 am

killerofchicken wrote:
this is a completely different Rampage though, he was quicker than ive seen him in a long while

What fight did you watch. Rampage tired out just like he did vs Jardine, Shad, Machida, Forrest, etc. The last time Rampage really looked in shape cardio wise was vs Hendo.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:04 am

idk, he looked awesome to me tonight...

ps

i watched the event at Buffalo Wild Wings and there was a table with the BIGGEST rampage fan on it... he was standing up the whole fight and mimicking rampage shot for shit... the whole bar was staring at them and laughing, there was 4 of them and they were the loudest thrashbags ive ever seen...
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:19 am

killerofchicken wrote:

really? rampage was breathing hard in the 3rd and thats cus hamill didnt pressure him ala evans fight. remember too, rampage was in the dolce diet goin into the evans fight. this fight only went to show the differnce in the evolving wrestling in mma for hamill/evans.rampage gave a good preformance against hamill, no denying in that but if you wanna compare takedown,wrestling and striking , well hamill took down rich yet rich was able to land harder strikes than page thus stopping hamill. in the end page is still a threat and a dangerous guy with a good win tonight over a good opponent but really doesnt answer much from what most predicted. guy is really good but once a again a very beatable contender.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:23 am

killerofchicken wrote:

i guess we should excuse the lw in noons for goin 5 rounds against diaz for having 2 factured hands. heck lets throw timmy in there for his injured back against randy. excuses excuses, rampage has power but that doesnt change the fact that for 4 years since chuck he hasnt ko'd a prime fighter especially against guys who have been knowed to be ko'd like forrest and jardine. dude has power but you have to be lured into it to get ko'ed. This just in, mmaweekly is reporting that Mir may have a broken jaw and rib. Does that mean the fading Mir could of tko'd nelson had his chin and rib been good throughout the fight

Last edited by throwdownfight1 on Sun May 29, 2011 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 12:30 am

The only thing that I saw that would lead me to believe that he is not a contender is the fact that he was gassed after the fight, it wasn't a tough fight where he had to fight againt the cage and get back up from takedowns, he mostly threw punches and stuffed takedowns that came from 5 feet across the cage, he better keep on swimming and getting that cardio up for Jones, but wait did Dana already know that Rampage had a fractured hand and is that why he said if Rampage is healthy he gets the shot if he wins.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:14 am

Reality, you can look at any fighter in a given fight and say they look very beatable. Page is a top contender, has certain tools to beat anyone, and could give Bones or anyone else a run for their money in a given fight.

Side note, shocked when I saw Hamill was 2 years older then Page.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:29 am

LA wrote:
Reality, you can look at any fighter in a given fight and say they look very beatable. Page is a top contender, has certain tools to beat anyone, and could give Bones or anyone else a run for their money in a given fight.

Side note, shocked when I saw Hamill was 2 years older then Page.

Yeah Im with u there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:00 am

Farmer's got some solid points, the lack of variety in Page's repertoire is going to hurt him against athletically gifted fighters.

I wouldn't rave about last nights performance, Hamill looked like a pile of dog poop, he was telegraphing everything.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:39 pm

Go ahead and throw a spinning elbow against Page homie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:35 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer's got some solid points, the lack of variety in Page's repertoire is going to hurt him against athletically gifted fighters.

I wouldn't rave about last nights performance, Hamill looked like a pile of dog poop, he was telegraphing everything.

I think Rampage had something to do with that. I think Page hurt him early in the fight with something and Hamill realized damn this isnt going to be as easy as I was telling every1. He did telegraph alot but I think alot of that had to do with some of the shots he was eating when he tried for some of the early takedowns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampage is not longer a contender at 205   Rampage is not longer a contender at 205 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rampage is not longer a contender at 205
Page 1 of 1