Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot Empty
PostSubject: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:59 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/26/2191875/strikeforce-kj-noons-vs-jorge-masvidal-fight-for-title-shot-against
K.J. Noons recently spoke with MMAWeekly and spilled the beans on the plan for the seriously stagnant Strikeforce lightweight division:

Quote :
"This is for the No. 1 contender, and then I get a title shot.
That's it for sure. I was actually supposed to get a shot back last
year, but that opportunity came up to fight (Nick) Diaz, they asked me
if I would move up to fight for the title, and a lot of people wanted to
see that, so I said sure no problem so we made it happen. Now I'm back
in my original weight class, and I'm just going to put on exciting
fights."
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:01 pm

Last I looked it wasn't on the main card, hope they figure out a way to get all these great fights aired.

SF is kind of thin at LW, I'm ok with winner getting next shot, hope it's Noons, wanted to see him against Gil a while back.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:03 pm

LA wrote:
Last I looked it wasn't on the main card, hope they figure out a way to get all these great fights aired.

SF is kind of thin at LW, I'm ok with winner getting next shot, hope it's Noons, wanted to see him against Gil a while back.

Yeah in the latest card update today this fight was not on the main card. They need to find a way to air this fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Send some WEC/UFC guys over ASAP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Send some WEC/UFC guys over ASAP.

Is it that simple? It's obviously not that simple when you are talking about going from SF to the UFC but are the problems still the same sending UFC fighters to SF? I'm not sure how that works. But Dana has recently stated again there are some complications when talking about sending SF guys over to the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Come to think of it Dana did say it would be more likely that UFC guys cross over to SF so I'm assuming there are less obstacles then doing the reverse.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:21 pm

They really should Wolf, hell I'd send over the Bendo's, Cerrone's, Guillards ect, would have loved Gil vs Jim Miller, would have been sick.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:24 pm

LA wrote:
They really should Wolf, hell I'd send over the Bendo's, Cerrone's, Guillards ect, would have loved Gil vs Jim Miller, would have been sick.

I'm surprised they didn't offer Kenny a shot. The UFC seems to be all about Kenny and title shots.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Kenny likes the drop down for now, he's got his hands full there to, I like KenFlo but Nunes is no joke.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Kenny just has to beat Nunez and he's got one.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Kenny just has to beat Nunez and he's got one.

Yeah I know. I was just joking.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Jorge and Noons have both been treated very well by SF. They fight often, and get offered shots at the title without needing a ton Sf wins.

compare that to treatment JZ has been given, a world of difference.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:55 pm

LA wrote:

I see lw as SF's 2nd best division.

Gil, Josh, JZ, Noons, Gamebred, Healy, Evangelista Silverback, Fodor, Shaolin, Beerbohm plus the dream guys.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:19 pm

It's still thin anyways.....half those guys aren't guys you picture getting Title shots.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:25 pm

I think a lot of the Dream guys will try Strikeforce(ultimately the UFC) long term. One aspect of the purchase that isn't really discussed is that Strikeforce can serve as an intermediary between the rest of the sport and the isolationism of the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm still hoping by some miracle SF can do some kind of cross promotion or fighter exchange to get Eddie Alvarez vs Gil.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:27 pm

LA wrote:
It's still thin anyways.....half those guys aren't guys you picture getting Title shots.

but u can't compare SF's stable of fighters to the UFC, they just don't have the depth. They have never put on enough shows to stack their divisions.

compared to non Zuffa promotions SF's LW's are easily the best out there(and LW is a division that is pretty good worldwide), and imo compared to the other SF weight classes LW is a respectable 2nd place.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:52 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Yeah in the latest card update today this fight was not on the main card. They need to find a way to air this fight.

Why would they air this fight when everyone is clearly so hyped up to see Gina Carano fight? Razz

This is what I mean by that fight doesn't belong on the main card. I know it's Gina, but damn.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:50 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/7/2211524/strikeforce-conference-call-updates-and-live-blog-today-june-7-for
Scott Coker: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal will have title implications and so will JZ Cavalcante vs Justin Wilcox. It will depend on their performance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot   KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot Empty

Back to top Go down

KJ Noons vs Jorge Masvidal winner gets title shot
Page 1 of 1