Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?

Go down 
+12
Farmer1906
throwdownfight1
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
cascade_run
GDPofDRC
JerseyStyle
SOKO
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
corydd7
OU
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:25 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/5/13/2169553/is-jon-jones-faking-an-injury-to-avoid-fighting-rashad-evans
Here are Evans claims regarding the situation:

"Question: if u r or were so confident then y fake a thumb injury?
Cuz just between me & y'all he don't need surgery! ... but I ain't
one 2 gossip so u didnt hear it from me! (ala Living Color) 4 u young
folk! Lol ... If I'm lying, I'm dying! Ask @jonnybones when is his
surgery & who was his dr! He so fake he fake surgeries!! Now that's
fake!"

As if fans needed any more reason to lament the loss of this fight.
Well, as it turns out, Jones does NOT need surgery to repair his thumb and his management (via Twitter) has already gone to the UFC to get his next fight scheduled.

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? Star-divide.v777cf8a

"I guess its time to put out the truth. @Jonnybones suffered a
tear in his thumb in 2 different spots... Every dr he saw said to have
surgery ... We went to meet with the surgeon on wed and after he looked
at @Jonnybones he thought that surgery was a bit invasive and bones
didn't have ... to have if he didn't want to. @Jonnybones decided
against surgery and we immediately met with dana and lorenzo the next
day to get his next fight scheduled ... For the record, every doctor
@Jonnybones saw was a @UFC referred doctor. The very last one on the day
before surgery thought against it ... No @Jonnybones is not fighting
rashad. Rashad is fighting phil davis. I'll let you know who or when jon
will fight real soon ... (he'll fight again) by the end of the year.
... And just so we're clear, @Jonnybones is not medically cleared to
fight until June 11, But hey, I guess that's all a lie, huh?"

Last edited by OU on Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Smells like Dana dosen't want Rashad sniffing around for a title shot...............sending a message dont sit out waiting for a title shot!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:35 pm

I'm going to need a very good explanation on what the fuck is going on?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:38 pm

What I hate is how this fucks with the division and the possible fights we could and should have had.
Phil Davis vs Matt Hamill was fucking perfect.
If Rashad wasn't fighting Jones he needs to be fighting Rampage. Fuck Rampage vs Hamill and Rashad vs Davis.

Fucking fights up.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:44 pm

well this is making them both look like goofballs if you ask me... maybe well get to see this fight sometime down the road
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 2:55 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
well this is making them both look like goofballs if you ask me... maybe well get to see this fight sometime down the road
Couldnt say it better they both look like little kids. Man do I want Rashad to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:07 pm

all I know is in the last 6 months I have gone from a Jones fan and not liking Rashad to thinking Bones is a conceited brat and Rashad aint to bad.

In Living Color references never hurt either
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
all I know is in the last 6 months I have gone from a Jones fan and not liking Rashad to thinking Bones is a conceited brat and Rashad aint to bad.

In Living Color references never hurt either

Rashad has done a good job lately of taking away my Jones fanhood, atleast a little bit. But I will never like Rashad even if I don't hate him like I use to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:14 pm

I just want to see Bones defend against Machida.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Ali wrote:

Only after Machida earns his shot. He has to get in line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:21 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Page has Hamill, Shad is facing Davis, Rua has Forrest, Bader has Tito, Silva has Okami, Lil Nog has Franklin.

Both men are free and Machida is certainly worthy of a shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Page has Hamill, Shad is facing Davis, Rua has Forrest, Bader has Tito, Silva has Okami, Lil Nog has Franklin.

What the fuck makes him worthy?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:25 pm

definitely with OU on this one, 2 losses in a row followed by beating a not top 10 Randy doesnt make you title ready
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:26 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

What the fuck makes him worthy?

He's a top ten ranked LHW who's free and coming off a win, if it wasn't for incompetent judges Lyoto would have two wins in a row.

I really don't see why you're objecting to the fight, not like Machida is some random guy from pre-lims.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
definitely with OU on this one, 2 losses in a row followed by beating a not top 10 Randy doesnt make you title ready

Machida should have been awarded the decision against Page, even Quinton was shocked when his name was called out.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:28 pm

palm
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Machida should have been awarded the decision against Page, even Quinton was shocked when his name was called out.

ya but if were playing that game then Machida is 2-2 in his last 4
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Machida has no one to blame for losing to Rampage but himself. He came out and fought the worst way possible if your trying to win a decision in mma.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

he said after he watched the fights he thinks the judges were right....

and no machida should not have been awarded the dec. IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Who the fuck cares, are you telling me you wouldn't have any interest at all in Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida ?

It's a marketable fight and a meaningful one for the division, Machida would give Bones a challenge.

Much rather see it happen than have both men sit on the bench.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Who the fuck cares, are you telling me you wouldn't have any interest at all in Jon Jones vs Lyoto Machida ?

It's a marketable fight and a meaningful one for the division, Machida would give Bones a challenge.

thats not the point, you can't just leapfrog contenders like that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:35 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

The top two contenders are busy, and it's not like Machida isn't close to a shot.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
Ali wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

The top two contenders are busy, and it's not like Machida isn't close to a shot.
the top 2 contenders are busy because the champ was suppose to be out with surgery, this changes things tho
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:50 pm

OU wrote:
I'm going to need a very good explanation on what the fuck is going on?

easy dana wants machida to fight jones just like the rest of us do. I know he doesnt deserve it but not many options left open unless dana changes plans again but their styles do make for a great fight. I say pull shad from the davis fight and lets get this one over with so we can move on.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? EmptyFri May 13, 2011 3:55 pm

i guess it's not the end of the Machida era after all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?   Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones not having surgery, not fighting Rashad? Faking?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next