Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) Empty
PostSubject: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:44 pm

Reigning gold medalist in judo and has been training for the very best. no fights yet but everyone knows he's got huge upside.

http://sherdog.com/fighter/Satoshi-Ishii-41887

Last edited by CombatSports4Life on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:14 am

Very interested in seeing Ishii, to bad he didn't come right to the UFC, glad personally he didn't go on TUF like was rumored, he would have been out of place.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:13 pm

I agree that it would be a huge mistake for him to go to TUF
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:10 am

put up some vids
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:48 am

Seen those, but thanks, got any others? hey any Ivan vids? put em in his thread if u do bro
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 10:36 pm

TUF would have been the ideal place for him actually. Judokas have a terrible history in fighting and starting there would have been a great way to get his feet wet with real American competition as opposed to japanese pro wrestler dojos. He might have a career that was, as is, I am sure Melvin Manhoef, Dave Herman, Josh Barnett and Alistair Overeem will probably pound his face in in a row.

Not a fan of Judo in MMA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
TUF would have been the ideal place for him actually. Judokas have a terrible history in fighting and starting there would have been a great way to get his feet wet with real American competition as opposed to japanese pro wrestler dojos. He might have a career that was, as is, I am sure Melvin Manhoef, Dave Herman, Josh Barnett and Alistair Overeem will probably pound his face in in a row.

Not a fan of Judo in MMA.
well that don't really have the worst history. here are some of the guys that actively train or trained in judo before MMA
Fedor, Karo, Akiyama, Soko, sakurai, yoshiyuki yoshida, aoki etc etc.......... there are plenty more fighters that grew up with judoka backgrounds that are very impressive fighters today.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Fedor and Karo are the only two that have ever translated Judo to any real success, and Fedor I think derives his success more from the sombo side of it than the actual Judo side.

Yoshida, Mach, Soko all have been fighters that failed to live up to potential or their hype.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor and Karo are the only two that have ever translated Judo to any real success, and Fedor I think derives his success more from the sombo side of it than the actual Judo side.

Yoshida, Mach, Soko all have been fighters that failed to live up to potential or their hype.

The yoshida i'm referring to is the one in the UFC that is currently 2-1. He's a pretty good fighter who hasn't had a lot of hype. Soko created his own hype and in his young career has already fought some of the best and actually beaten some of them. As for mach he's beaten the shit out of many of the best in the world so i'd say he's done just fine for himself. All the big time medalists like nastula and hideko entered MMA well past their primes. The reason this is a big deal now is because Judo medalists are actually getting into the sport with gas left in the tank like lombard, ishii and the silver medalist sengoku just signed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:08 pm

I think the problem with Judo is the caliber of athlete vs the caliber of a high level d-1 wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Also Judo competition is so throw-oriented that the submission skills of a lot of the fighters is lacking compared to BJJ black belts and the clinch and takedown ability of both greco and college wrestlers tends to transfer over better.

The judo my kid takes is more sub oriented, guerilla JJ if you will.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:05 am

I can totally see your points don't get me wrong. I just think that there are some very very good judo athletes. Judo is taken pretty damn seriously around the world especially in asia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)   satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist) Empty

Back to top Go down

satoshi ishii HW (judo gold medalist)
Page 1 of 1