Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Last night's TUF fight

Go down 
+8
SOKO
GolbeZ
NoRegret
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
Bigs03
OU
LTFG
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Last night's TUF fight Empty
PostSubject: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:08 pm

That may have been the single most pathetic display ever on that show. We made fun of Weems... We made fun of Wang... But my God you would think that two guys trying to earn a spot in the UFC would actually show up with enough conditioning to last more than three minutes without having to stand there staring at eachother with their hands on their hips. If that fight(?) had gone to a third, it would have been decided by one of them passing out, not being knocked out! And I had it 1-1 and truly believe the only reason the two judges scored it 2-0 was to spare us from seeing that for a third round. I can only hope this is the anomaly, and that the rest of the cast will fight with skill and be in enough shape to last 10 minutes if needed... Embarrassing...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 pm

That was the most embarrassing fight ever on TUF, should have been a double TKO stoppage by the ref when both fighters had their hands on their hips.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:15 pm

That fight was horrible. You would think a former NFL player would have some semblance of cardio but I guess not. As far as the other dude, James whatever his last name is, coming out of Greg Jackson's camp I figured he would have cardio for days. Not the case, though.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:44 pm

It was obvious that Wes would gas in that fight, but the fact that the other dude just stared at him instead of trying to finish was absolutely pathetic
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Man sounds like im missing so much
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:49 pm

They should have made both of them take a loss.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:25 pm

the fight made me sick.. with the guy not touching his gloves at the beginning and even after he straight up kicked him in the nuts too... with one guy literally turning his back and running from him a bunch of times, to the minute and a half the big dude just laid on top of him and didnt try to pass guard or even throw an elbow or punch, to both of them with their hands at their waste looking at each other.. and to hearing Rashads voice crack a million times like he had just hit puberty ..

And I agree they just gave a decision because they didnt want to see a 3rd round... they should have shot over to Dana when they were both standing there bent over gasping for air..

at least rampage is funny, something to watch so far.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:54 pm

yeah me and my buddy were talking about this earlier today at the gym.

I couldnt believe the lack of heart shown by these guys! Both fights have been terrible!

If im gonna be going onto national TV, competing for a 6 figure contract that could potentially set me up for life, I would go balls to the wall and try to destroy anything and anyone in my path! Go out there and give it more than your all! Those kinds of half-hearted piece of shit competitors can go suck a dick and get the fuck off the show. Bring someone on the show that is actually HUNGRY TO WIN IT!

I mean the fuckin big oaf Wes had what's his faces BACK! LOCK IN YOUR CHOKE AND FINISH IT! my god that was terrible. If you cant lock a choke in just sit there and pound the side of his fuckin head in!

And how do you NOT ATTACK when a guy has his hands on his hips?! I would be bringing a damn flying knee or a headkick or a superman punch or something and it would be lights out.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC last night! I can only imagine what Dana has been thinking thus far through the first two fights.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 pm

buddy had the energy to finish the big man when his hands were on his knees but the bum just stood there. Hell a strait right would of finished him at that point. I wonder if those guys could even run 2-3 miles at one go for christ sake.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:13 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
That fight was horrible. You would think a former NFL player would have some semblance of cardio but I guess not. As far as the other dude, James whatever his last name is, coming out of Greg Jackson's camp I figured he would have cardio for days. Not the case, though.

Well the big black NFL guy was 100% gassed during a training segment, ready to pass out. So maybe these big NFL guys don't come with the stamina one would expect.

Shad's #1 guy gassing was more of a surprise to me.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:47 pm

i thought the big guy won. If he had cardio he could pass as a legit c-list fighter.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 pm

My thoughts on the fight...

-It always baffles me how some people are professional athletes but they get exhausted after less than 2 mins.

-Should have been a draw, if not a win for Shivers.

-Rampage had a great idea choosing that fight. If his guy had any cardio at all, he would have dominated and that would have been really embarrassing for Rashad.

-If Rampage would have had Kimbo fight instead I think it could have been amazing for the show. I think Kimbo would have won and created even more hype. Instead he's probably gonna get killed by Roy Nelson next week.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:18 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
the fight made me sick.. with the guy not touching his gloves at the beginning and even after he straight up kicked him in the nuts too... with one guy literally turning his back and running from him a bunch of times, to the minute and a half the big dude just laid on top of him and didnt try to pass guard or even throw an elbow or punch, to both of them with their hands at their waste looking at each other.. and to hearing Rashads voice crack a million times like he had just hit puberty ..

And I agree they just gave a decision because they didnt want to see a 3rd round... they should have shot over to Dana when they were both standing there bent over gasping for air..

Didn't Rampage tell his guys to just never touch gloves after that first fight when the dude shot immediately after touching?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:40 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i thought the big guy won. If he had cardio he could pass as a legit c-list fighter.

I thought he might have won too, yes I know it would have been the worst 3rd rd in history, but there should have been one at very least.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:07 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

I thought he might have won too, yes I know it would have been the worst 3rd rd in history, but there should have been one at very least.

yea i mean he landed some punches early on, and had like 2 takedowns and a keylock attempt so i would have gave him the nod, but the other guy did land some diesel leg kicks.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:08 pm

It seems like the talent and the fights get worse and worse each season on TUF anymore.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
GolbeZ wrote:

Didn't Rampage tell his guys to just never touch gloves after that first fight when the dude shot immediately after touching?

I missed the first episode .. but still, if you kick someone in the balls on accident you say sorry.. no matter what rampage says.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last night's TUF fight   Last night's TUF fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Last night's TUF fight
Page 1 of 1