Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GSPs fragile

Go down 
+6
jewzilla
Ninja
SOKO
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
Cu Bu
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

GSPs fragile  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:59 am

in fairness, confusing two different posters while calling one of the best and toughest in the game "fragile" is idocy piled on idiocy. I like cu bua but insults where insults where insults due. This is cu bua's single worst moment in the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:39 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
His aggression declined after the first few rounds I noticed. Anyway he nearly got a head kick KO in the 4th.

GSP deserves credit for walking past Jake Shields with one eye. Come on guys. I know we're calibrated to hate on GSP these days but he could have easily held his ass down with that one eye instead of still engaging on the feet.

GSP gets far more love then hate on this board. Also I don't think GSP wanted to even attempt anything on the ground. He clearly looked like he wanted no part of that. He knew even with 1 eye that fighting of the feet was still safer then fighting on the ground with Jake. GSP never makes it harder then it has to be.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:56 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I never realized GSP fans were such butthurt crybabies until the last few days. Jesus

Yeah it's really showing. Nothing wrong with what Cu Bua said. GSP is a superior athlete but I agree with Cu Bua, he doesn't seem like a fighter at heart. I don't have any hate for GSP, I'm not a fan personally, but I don't hate the guy. I like him more then I like most fighters.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:00 am

Anytime GSP or BJ is talked about you get alot of this GSPs fragile  - Page 2 Buk
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:13 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Jewzilla- Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you have to insult them. We are all adults here and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Sorry for going rogue, but I dont like fighter bashing. There is not one pro fighter that should be called a pussy. Especially a fighter of GSP's stature. He is a great champion, and 100% deserving. Nothing against Cu Bua, but this thread just un-nerved me, as he seems to be one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board. I apologize.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:04 pm

jewzilla wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Jewzilla- Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you have to insult them. We are all adults here and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Sorry for going rogue, but I dont like fighter bashing. There is not one pro fighter that should be called a pussy. Especially a fighter of GSP's stature. He is a great champion, and 100% deserving. Nothing against Cu Bua, but this thread just un-nerved me, as he seems to be one of the most knowledgeable posters on this board. I apologize.

my intent was not to fighter bash, I respect the hell out of GSP and like him for the sport and root for him often( less of late i must admit). I stand by what I say that basically its as if he is a pretty boy and doesnt relish in the dog fight. I understand an abrasion on the eye doesnt feel well or he may have been a one eyed during the fight but so was eric morales recently. I loved the way morales finished the fight.

I liken what I saw between those rds to one of the guys I trained with who is at ATT now. He was on tuff and just wilted, gave up. He is a beast but mentally finds a way to check out if convienent. its all in his head. GSP has great will as wolf pointed out and I dont think he would quit or give up but there is definetly a fear of being hurt. I just picture jackson having to re assure him often.

Again I apologize for ruffling feathers its not my intetnion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Cu Bua, I can't believe people actually get to reading your posts with that chick in your AV. tongue
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:32 pm

lol freak actually i just post random stuff to check
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:39 pm

He pulled his groin at UFC 100 and fought right through it as well.

Side note - at least Jackson didn't tell him to hit him with it when he reported the eye issue.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:19 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
There is a palpable dearth of malice and
aggression in the way GSP approaches martial arts competition. Unlike
many brash Americans who come from the smack-laden wrestling background,
he truly respects his opponent. He doesn't want to hurt or knock them
out. His striking style is still predicated on the values of a 9 year
old in a Gi and a head-guard that barely fits. This is why GSP had such
an issue with finishing Koscheck. He had him rocked and wobbled many
times that were situations another fighter might have capitalized on
with an aggressive offense. But not GSP. I think it's more than him
simply being a cold, calculated figure who takes no chances and flips no
coins, I almost think he can't pull the trigger on some level.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:33 pm

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
There is a palpable dearth of malice and
aggression in the way GSP approaches martial arts competition. Unlike
many brash Americans who come from the smack-laden wrestling background,
he truly respects his opponent. He doesn't want to hurt or knock them
out. His striking style is still predicated on the values of a 9 year
old in a Gi and a head-guard that barely fits. This is why GSP had such
an issue with finishing Koscheck. He had him rocked and wobbled many
times that were situations another fighter might have capitalized on
with an aggressive offense. But not GSP. I think it's more than him
simply being a cold, calculated figure who takes no chances and flips no
coins, I almost think he can't pull the trigger on some level.

I think Machida suffered from the same or a similar issue at once point. Doesn't make either fragile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GSPs fragile    GSPs fragile  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

GSPs fragile
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: Fight Discussion :: MMA-
Jump to: