Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......

Go down 
+2
oggy420
captain organic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... Empty
PostSubject: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:48 pm

Maybe it was just me but he looked more drawn then ever in that fight. And I am of the opinion that he, like his brother before him, would do well to move up in weight.

We know that he has had problems with the physically stronger wrestlers, and he would face even stronger guys at 170, but I think the weight and strength that he would gain would offset that negative. He would also still hold a significant reach advantage over most guys there.

Considering his age, I am of the belief it is only a matter of time, but after looking at him last week, I think it might be better sooner then later.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 9:16 pm

yea rumor was that he had a hard time cutting weight for his last fight. I could see him at 170 but he has a better shot at a title at 155
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:31 pm

man i dont see how he could compete at 170, standing near him and seeing him upclose he is frail!

if infact he is 170 around fight time then he is very small looking at that weight. I would say loosing speed and probably not gaining explosive output would put him beind the 8 ball. I would think he stays at 55
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Cu Bua wrote:
man i dont see how he could compete at 170, standing near him and seeing him upclose he is frail!

if infact he is 170 around fight time then he is very small looking at that weight. I would say loosing speed and probably not gaining explosive output would put him beind the 8 ball. I would think he stays at 55

But wouldn't he look alot less frail if at fight time he weighed 185? and wouldn't the weight increase his power and strength, the weight cut may actually be taking away from his speed. His brother has seemed to take to the higher weights very well. Even a guy like Shields, who was not frail to begin with, but his striking(kicks) looked alot better at the higher weight because he swung a bigger club.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:07 am

He would get mauled at 170.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:24 am

170 is full a bigger stronger wrestlers than guys like Guida
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Either way he isn't a contender.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Bigs03 wrote:

By who Kampman? Condit? I'm pretty sure he beats Daley.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:40 pm

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Either way he isn't a contender.

We're all aware the kid is 24 right?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 3:04 pm

captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Kampmann, Condit, Kos, Swick, GSP, Fitch...basically anyone who is good at 170.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Kampmann, Condit, Kos, Swick, GSP, Fitch...basically anyone who is good at 170.

Hughes, Lytle, Davis, Hardy, Alvez, and the list goes on and ooooonnnnnnn
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:18 am

you guys are sleeping.

Cosidering his age and height it's only a matter of time b4 he moves up. He'll make noise once he's there too.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:24 am

Nate will never crack the top 5 at any division.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:29 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

Maybe, but not sure what that has to do with the topic.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

It means no matter what Nate does (move up or not) he still not be relevant in the title picture.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

It means no matter what Nate does (move up or not) he still not be relevant in the title picture.

I understand what you meant(though I think it is way too premature to put that label on a 24 year old), I didn't understand what that has to do with the topic.

Should we not talk about fighters unless they are relevant in the title picture?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......   The Scrawny Nate Diaz....... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Scrawny Nate Diaz.......
Page 1 of 1