Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?

Go down 
3 posters

Yes
Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? Vote_lcap22%Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
No
Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? Vote_lcap56%Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Maybe So
Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? Vote_lcap22%Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? Empty
PostSubject: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:15 am

Which as we know was recently established at SF: Fedor vs Silva with around 750k viewers on average.

I'm thinking it def challenges it at least, I'd say if it doesn't break it, it ends up second all-time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 am

I agree. With Zuffa buying it and with 2 fighters the UFC fans recognize in the main event it could break it.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:29 am

I don't think it breaks the record. The casual fan star power just isn't there for this one. Remember how low the ratings were last time Nick and Gil fought on the same card? They need something groundbreaking to top it, like the continuation of the heavyweight tournament, or Fedor vs Dan Henderson. I'm going to guess it does around 500k
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:32 am

Diaz holds a lot of the top ratings for SF, not sure who else was on the cards, but Nick's popular, then Daley for the Brits, some Jap star power, UFC marketing....IDK we'll see, I think at least 2nd all-time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:33 am

People will tune in to see how Daley comes back from the Koscheck incident.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:37 am

I 'spose it's possible but I just don't see it happening given the circumstances. Daley is no star, at least not to the casual fan who makes up a major percentage of the viewing public. It's definitely a good overall card but it just lacks that giant fight everyone wants to know about.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:47 am

That's reasonable, I could be thinking the Zuffa impact will be bigger then it is too.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 am

I voted no but I do think when tfhe HW tourney happens in June that may break it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record?   Does tomorrows SF event break the Promotions Ratings Record? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1