Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers Empty
PostSubject: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:40 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/26904/strikeforce-rockhold-vs-jardine-ratings-event-draws-344000-viewers.mma?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

poor numbers overall, with the free showtime weekend and all

it was going up against the saint vs lions game for a while
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Showtime was on free on like DirecTV I think. That deal wasn't being run on Dish, Time Warner, etc

And Rockhold-Jardine as a headliner plus Saints-Lions...not too surprised
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Showtime was on free on like DirecTV I think. That deal wasn't being run on Dish, Time Warner, etc

And Rockhold-Jardine as a headliner plus Saints-Lions...not too surprised
It was free for Fidelity Cable where I'm at. Anyone that had a digital cable box got Showtime for free.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Not bad, Rockhold vs Jardine was not a fight that I expected viewers to flock to, free showtime or not.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:18 pm

For again having no advertising or hype, that I took any notice of, and being Rockhold and Jardine as the names, it is not a bad number.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:35 pm

although I should note, that my opinion of "not bad" is based in large part on the low expectations of the new strikeforce.

Rockhold vs Jardine type main events will be the norm, and with those type main events we will not see #'s approaching the #'s we saw in the year prior to the zuffa buyout
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:38 pm

captain organic wrote:
although I should note, that my opinion of "not bad" is based in large part on the low expectations of the new strikeforce.

Rockhold vs Jardine type main events will be the norm, and with those type main events we will not see #'s approaching the #'s we saw in the year prior to the zuffa buyout
Jardine was an injury replacement. While Kennedy vs Rockhold wouldn't have set the world on fire it would have been a quality matchup. I think this will still be a weaker card, even in the new SF.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:43 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Jardine was an injury replacement. While Kennedy vs Rockhold wouldn't have set the world on fire it would have been a quality matchup. I think this will still be a weaker card, even in the new SF.

I dunno, there was a championship involved. As well as a fomer champ(mo) on the card, and 2 probable future contendors for the ww belt.

Gil can't fight on every card.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:51 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I dunno, there was a championship involved. As well as a fomer champ(mo) on the card, and 2 probable future contendors for the ww belt.

Gil can't fight on every card.
They still have plenty of talented guys not on this card. This card was full of vet vs up and comer matchups. They didn't have a name vs name on the card. They still have some top talent to make those kind of matchups.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:04 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/1/12/2702466/tyron-woodley-vsjordan-mein-fight-results-strikeforce
At least, that's "T-Wood's" argument (via Sherdog's Savage Dog Show), one he's making after Strikeforce executives failed to guarantee him a 170-pound title shot.

Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers Star-divide.v5e9d7f1

"To me, it should be, ‘Tyron’s fighting for the belt next.’ That’s
the only answer I was looking forward to hearing. Yeah, it concerns me
and it kind of really frustrated me that -- what are we guessing about?
Did I guess when [Strikeforce] called me and said, ‘Hey, you want to
fight this tough kid in three and a half weeks?’ When I was just told
basically I was going to fight in February 24 hours before then? Those
are my thoughts. I’m just being honest. I’ve knocked guys out. I’ve
submitted guys. I’ve made people stop through strikes. I’ve had
different kinds of submissions. My response is going to be not very
good, number one. Number two, they announced something at the press
conference that caught me and several others by surprise: Paul Daley
and [Kazuo] Misaki fighting … which draws a huge problem because
obviously Misaki would be the most legitimate person to match me up with
for a world title. So now it’s like, once again, I’m a victim of
circumstances. My world title, me fighting for the belt, is dependent on
somebody else. What if Paul Daley beats him? We’re going to rematch for
the title? Are they going to have me fight immediately after March? I
just fought in January. Are these guys going to fight in March and then
turn around and fight in April? I don’t think so."

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:39 pm

You're boring as fuck. Shut up
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:53 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
You're boring as fuck. Shut up

pretty much. Unfortunate too, guy has the talent to fight more entertaining fights, but instead sticks to his low risk win via control strategy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers   Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine' ratings: Event draws 344,000 viewers
Page 1 of 1