Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Of Thrones

Go down 
+18
Farmer1906
OU
jewzilla
Ninja
Bigs03
CervezaExtra
LA
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
Ludo
Cu Bu
cascade_run
VI68IX
NJBeatdown86
boomer sooner
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
Primetyme199
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage

Game Of Thrones - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:15 pm

cascade_run wrote:
It is awesome to see how it is all coming together.

I am almost at the end of Clash Of Kings, I use to like Theon but now I detest him.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Nice work, now on to one of the best books I have ever read
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 am

cascade_run wrote:
Nice work, now on to one of the best books I have ever read

Is A Storm Of Swords your favorite ?
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 am

Yes, Storm of Swords is the best book I have ever read, you will love it. Many questions are answered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 am

cascade_run wrote:
Yes, Storm of Swords is the best book I have ever read, you will love it. Many questions are answered

I tried to power through the last chapters last night but I nodded off during the Blackwater battle. Can't wait to read how everything unfolds.

Is The Red Wedding in A Storm Of Swords ?
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Ali your cheating, how did you find out about the red wedding?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:51 am

cascade_run wrote:
Ali your cheating, how did you find out about the red wedding?

No I heard it mentioned during the G.O.T comic con panel, the show runners said that's their goal, to reach the red wedding.

I don't know anything about it, just the title.

Read for a solid three hours last night so I could finish Clash Of Kings. Fantastic read, but left me feeling very down and somber with how things concluded.

I have a feeling those Boolton's are going to be a nuisance.

I take it Whitebeard is Ser Barristen Selmy ?
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 pm

A great choice of stopping points between season 2 and 3 the red wedding. Yeah I know you how feel about the somber part and being down, I had to stop and relisten to that whole thing to see if I missed something, nope that is going to shock the hell out of people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 10:26 am

cascade_run wrote:
A great choice of stopping points between season 2 and 3 the red wedding. Yeah I know you how feel about the somber part and being down, I had to stop and relisten to that whole thing to see if I missed something, nope that is going to shock the hell out of people.

Poor Maester Luwin Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 am

ation/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=6579356&use_node_id=true&fullscreen=1" width="600" height="338">

BTW A Storm Of Swords is kicking ass, very much enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Awesome Storm of Swords is action from the start to the end, so much happens in this book, that determines the whole rest of the series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:52 pm

cascade_run wrote:
Awesome Storm of Swords is action from the start to the end, so much happens in this book, that determines the whole rest of the series.

I am particularly enjoying the Jaimie chapters, his jests with Brienne are hilarious.

Also liking Snow's voyage north of the wall. Ygritte is a feisty little mare.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 am

Hey Cascade ASOS just keeps getting better and better.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:55 pm

Yeah it keeps building to the very end, I went back and listened to parts cause I couldn't believe what I had just heard, or I just wanted to listen again to the chapter, I am almost done with Crows, and then I have to buy Dance of Dragons and actually read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:58 am

How's A Feast For Crows ? Alot of the reviews online say it's a bit of a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:51 pm

A Feast for Crows is the hardest thing to get into, no action, just a lot of psychological mind games pretty much from everyone, coming off of Swords I was jacked, a buddy did tell me that Dance of Dragons which I bought yesterday is done during the same time, and has all the action, better have 996 pages of action, after making me suffer through Crows, I'm sure there is a shitload of groundwork laid in Crows for the next 3 books though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:29 am

Yeah saw an interview where George said that, he choose to focus on certain characters in Feast but the timeline is roughly the same in Dance.

BTW just met the Red Viper, he sounds like he'll be an interesting character.

I also kinda grown to like Lord Frey, I know he's an old prev but he just doesn't care and will joke about anyone no matter their title.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:11 pm

The Red Viper is a bad ass, he does some crazy shit, Lord Frey of the twins, keep an eye on that one.

On another note, I took back Dance of Dragons today, cause I googled Dance of Dragons Ebook and downloaded the whole damn thing, love the internet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:21 am

So much for me saying I was beginning to like Lord Frey, finally reached the RW last night.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

It's a great book but man it's left me feeling heartbroken.

Davos is a great character though, I will be borderline suicidal if anything happens to him.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Yeah the RW is read at least twice material

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:32 am

Damn it man George is killing me....

Spoiler:

Danny's chapters are getting more enjoyable now that she's kicking ass, I knew straight away that
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:08 pm

It is like he didn't listen to any of my suggestions while I am reading the book, the things I want to happen are not happening and it is pissing me off. Hit Chapter 40 on Feast for Crows, another Cersie chapter, go away lady, my brain hurts too much after her Chapters.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:25 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've become such a big fan of this series that I've ordered the books again, this time I'll be getting the new hardback editions that are coming out.

I can honestly see myself reading this series each year, it's that enjoyable and addictive.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

If you can read them every year, that is quite a feat, these are some long ass books, I about croaked when I saw dragons was 900+ pages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:41 pm

I'll be honest Arya and Bran aren't my favorites, it's only recently that I've begun to enjoy Arya's chapters, but that's only because she's been surrounded by interesting characters like The Lord Of Lightning and The Hound.

Definitely keeps you on the edge, doesn't matter if they're good or evil anyone could be killed off.

Think I've got about 330 pages to go give or take.

lol yeah even my mum reacted like that when she saw Dance With Dragons, and she's an avid reader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Of Thrones   Game Of Thrones - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones
Page 8 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next