Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno Empty
PostSubject: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Quote :
Awe over Jon Jones' UFC light-heavyweight championship win continues to dominate the post-UFC 128 headlines.

Fresh off his third-round TKO over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Jones already knows who he's fighting next: former teammate Rashad Evans.

According to oddsmakers and fans, Evans -- a former champion himself -- is an underdog. A very big underdog.

Shortly after Jones and Evans verbally agreed to fight each other, Jones was installed as a 4-to-1 favorite in the bout. Since then, the betting public has only increased that gap, making Jones more than a 5-to-1 favorite.

Evans and Jones initially resisted overtures of a title fight between them, citing their status as teammates in the Greg Jackson camp, but as the Jones-Rua fight neared and Jones was consistently asked about it, his answers seemed to thaw on the possibility, and Evans soon followed.

Immediately following Jones' win, Evans told MMA Fighting in an exclusive, cageside interview that he was "done with Jackson's."

Evans is exploring several options for a training camp in the wake of his departure, including starting his own camp. There is no timetable for the fight, as Jones requested some time off following back-to-back fights over a six-week span, and Evans just resumed training after recovering from the knee injury that knocked him out of the Rua fight and opened the door for Jones' golden opportunity.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/03/21/jon-jones-opens-as-huge-favorite-over-rashad-evans-fans-bet-him/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter
Dana White
Quote :
Congrats @jonnybones 1st UFC fighter to do the The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The hits keep on coming!!!! Tune in thur on NBC!

Last edited by killerofchicken on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:48 pm

surprise surprise lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:50 pm

Yeah I saw that this morning. Surprised by how big the line is.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:51 pm

id put down a 100 on evans, shit why not
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Dana White
Quote :
Congrats @jonnybones 1st UFC fighter to do the The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The hits keep on coming!!!! Tune in thur on NBC!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 am

[/flash]
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:37 am

pretty good stuff, very respectful.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 10:45 am

thanks for putting that up i missed it last night because i was watching basketball like everyone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Poor guy had to endure Kirstie Alley.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Ali wrote:

I'd still fuck. I loved Cheers that much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:30 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

She's too much of a psycho now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

She can go crazy for those 2.5 minutes. I don't mind.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:36 pm

She used to be amazing, not sure why she let herself go, I smell a setup with the this whole robber take down thing, why not Dana has pulled his strings this whole time, why not once more. Great thing for MMA to go mainstream on the tonight show, good interview.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:38 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Laughing More like 1.2.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Laughing More like 1.2.

I'd take it slow for her lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 1:45 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Laughing More like 1.2.

I'd take it slow for her lol

LOL

Three thrusts then explosion.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:24 pm

he was awesome on the tonight show

kristy alley is a skank, lol
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Kid has a bright future that is for sure, very charismatic, he has the opportunity if he keeps winning to become an absolute star, movies and what not, I don't mean those shittty ass movies that I have heard some others in MMA have been in, except for Jardine, his cameos are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno   Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno Empty

Back to top Go down

Jon Jones Opens as Huge Favorite Over Rashad Evans, To be on tonight show with Leno
Page 1 of 1