Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" Empty
PostSubject: Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"   Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22420/evans-opens-as-near-2-to-1-favorite-in-potential-rematch-with-rampage.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)&utm_content=Twitter

Quote :
It may only be potential matchup at this point, but oddsmakers are ready to start taking real money.

With multiple reports that UFC 130 may host a rematch between former UFC light heavyweight champions Rashad Evans and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, oddsmakers aren't waiting for an official announcement to start the wagering action.

Noted MMA oddsmaker and frequent MMAjunkie.com Radio guest Joey Oddessa today confirmed the initial line with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). Evans opens as a -185 favorite while Jackson is a +155 underdog.

Currently, Jackson is still slated to face Thiago Silva at UFC 130, though several reports have suggested Silva could be pulled from the contest in favor of Evans. Oddessa's initial line is conditional upon the fight taking place before June 27.

The opening number lies in stark contrast to the wagering line for the pair's original 2010 meeting, when Jackson remained the favorite from the opening line until the opening bell.

"The UFC 114 number for the first fight between the two opened in February 2010 with Jackson as a -150 betting favorite, and the line was bet down early," said Oddessa, who provides line-movement updates at Twitter.com/mmaodds. "After all the media days and appearances, the UFC did a tremendous job in selling the fight as a pick 'em bout, and the line closed with Jackson as a slight wagering favorite."

The -185 line means oddsmakers are giving Evans an approximate 65 percent change of winning. "Rampage" is an approximate 40 percent favorite. (Due to the nature of sports wagering, the two figures don't add up to an even 100 percent.)

After a much-ballyhooed buildup to what was largely a one-sided affair in their first contest, Oddessa said he expects the UFC's promotional materials to focus more on Jackson's third-round assault rather than Evans' controlling game throughout the remainder of the fight.

"I expect all the preview shows to show the devastating shot Jackson caught Evans with in round three of their first encounter – and focus on the revenge angle – making the potential rematch appealing to fans while building support for Jackson among bettors," Oddessa said. "Coming off his win against what I felt was a flat Machida, partnered with Rashad's reluctance to fight a teammate, Jackson should have the makings of an even fight on paper, anyway."

But while Oddessa considers the fight even on paper, he's not so sure it will play out much differently in the octagon than the pair's initial meeting.

"I said in first meeting between the two that Rashad Evans would not lose a single round," Oddessa said. "I was almost dead wrong, as he was as close to asleep as one can get in a three-round fight despite winning three-quarters of the 15-minute fight. But despite the layoff, I think Evans will do the same this time around. The judges may find a mercy round to give to Jackson, but 'Rampage' has a long camp and a little weight battle ahead of him before he steps into the octagon."
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"   Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:48 pm

this is a fight i'd put money on rampage!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"   Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:12 pm

who else would much rather see Page vs Silva?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"   Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Me
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"   Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:09 pm

I thought this dude's knee is blown? I've been out of the fight loop for the last few weeks. What is going on? The UFC has totally and completely fucked this entire situation up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"   Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I thought this dude's knee is blown? I've been out of the fight loop for the last few weeks. What is going on? The UFC has totally and completely fucked this entire situation up.

Thaigo's UFC 125 test are pending, so this fight is rumored to replace Thiago. Evans knee is hurt but it isn't too serious, he should be ready by May.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"   Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Im alittle surprised that Rampage is the underdog in this fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"   Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage" Empty

Back to top Go down

Evans opens as near 2-to-1 favorite in potential rematch with "Rampage"
Page 1 of 1