Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?

Go down 
+13
Ludo
Bigs03
gomez1012
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
Andrew the Raider King
josh200612
acccardinal12
captain organic
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
OU
LA
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Yes
Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 52% [ 15 ]
No
Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
Mixed feelings
Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 34% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Well explain what you like, because I watch pretty much every single Org, fighter, events ect. Been into Martial Arts since I was 7. Think there is no more pure Sport in the World then MMA. Want nothing but to see MMA grow and succeed.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:47 pm

MMA becomes bigger because of this, in a way it never could have with multiple Orgs.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:49 pm

I don't value the MMA I'm a fan of instrumentally, it's purely intrinsic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Who said anyone else did
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:02 pm

I have said it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:03 pm

LA aren't you the slightest bit worried this thing could have some negative side effects?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:03 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I have said it

Ok?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:05 pm

OU wrote:
LA aren't you the slightest bit worried this thing could have some negative side effects?

Not at all, they will tread carefully until they have a layed out plan of approach, think this will take MMA to the next level. Things will come from this that will benefit all parties involved, from fighters to fans.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:

Not at all, they will tread carefully until they have a layed out plan of approach, think this will take MMA to the next level. Things will come from this that will benefit all parties involved, from fighters to fans.

You are a glass 100% full kinda guy. I wish I could be that optimistic.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:11 pm

No, half empty on most things...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:13 pm

The UFC will do whatever is right for the UFC, not the sport as a whole or the fans. So there are defiantly some things they could do here that I would call negative. Time will tell how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Well any company wants success for itself, but do people really believe they'd do anything to hurt the Sport. They're hole goal is to take it to the next level.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:23 pm

LA wrote:
Well any company wants success for itself, but do people really believe they'd do anything to hurt the Sport. They're hole goal is to take it to the next level.

Hell yeah I think they could make moves that would hurt the sport. They are all about making the UFC global, not MMA. I'm hoping they do always consider the best interest of the sport, but with $ involved that doesn't always happen. I'm not just going to assume they make all the right moves with this thing.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Haven't seen the UFC make any bad moves for MMA yet, and bringng he UFC Global naturally brings MMA Global at this point. Now they may do the same with SF further speading MMA Globally.

It wouldn't matter if roles were reversed and it was SF in the UFC's shoes, whoever is the best Organization to respresent the Sport is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:37 pm

LA wrote:
Haven't seen the UFC make any bad moves for MMA yet, and bringng he UFC Global naturally brings MMA Global at this point. Now they may do the same with SF further speading MMA Globally.

It wouldn't matter if roles were reversed and it was SF in the UFC's shoes, whoever is the best Organization to respresent the Sport is all that matters.

I'm just saying, I hope they keep SF around awhile. I hope they keep featuring woman's mma, I hope they still co-promote in the future. A full merger at any point in the next couple years would not be the best thing IMO.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:44 pm

SF should be used like the WEC but with all divisions (maybe except BW and FW) and WMMA, it can put on all smaller more affordable shows, but still with top level talent because the pool will be soo deep. Go to the venues the UFC may not go to with ticket prices comparable to what SF has been putting out. The top fighters should fight in the UFC, so much talent is there to make very exciting shows still.

We could see 52 events per year, many directions they can go here.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Think about some of the talented guys cut by the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:59 pm

LA wrote:
SF should be used like the WEC but with all divisions (maybe except BW and FW) and WMMA, it can put on all smaller more affordable shows, but still with top level talent because the pool will be soo deep. Go to the venues the UFC may not go to with ticket prices comparable to what SF has been putting out. The top fighters should fight in the UFC, so much talent is there to make very exciting shows still.

We could see 52 events per year, many directions they can go here.

I'd like to see at the minimum. SF kept around for woman's mma and Challengers series type events. At the very least. But I'd prefer they stay as much more then that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:01 pm

There are alot of things they could do here. I hope for the short run they can promote eachother, talk well about the fighters and just make it easier for guys to go from one to the other.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:10 pm

I like something higher level then Challegers Series, like a very very good B Organization, soo many good fighters out there to fill both Orgs. Guys can work they're way up, some down, but the events would still be very good and more affordable.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 11:45 pm

LA wrote:

Seriously? The UFC makes it as difficult as possible for non-UFC events to survive. Their head guy consistently bashes non zuffa fighters. They cut media credentials to reporters who don't toe the company line. They strong arm their own fighters in an attempt to control their video game rights, they boot fighters to the curb who don't kiss dana's ass, or guys who may have one questionable performance. Etc Etc

And that's fine, it's a business, they are looking at their own best interests. But they are not in this to support MMA as a whole.

Personally Im in the mixed feelings dept. I was digging the fact that SF was bringing high level fights to non ppv. And yeah I was digging the fact that the success of SF was getting under Dana's skin, as well as the many UFC huggers.

I worry that if SF is absorbed into the UFC we will see a bunch of cuts much like we have seen when the WEC was absorbed. And those guys will have less options (although I have stated I suspect other org's will fill that void). And taking a cue from my paragraph above. Where do the talented fighters who Dana black balls go?

I'd feel much better about all this if Randy was running this thing.

On the other hand when it's Reem vs Cain for the title, all this side stuff won't mean ish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:01 am

It's too soon to say.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 am

I honestly can't see this being bad in the long run. I can't wait to see what happens in the next 6 months.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:12 am

yes i love it! i want to see fedor get smashed!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:25 am

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

Seriously? The UFC makes it as difficult as possible for non-UFC events to survive. Their head guy consistently bashes non zuffa fighters. They cut media credentials to reporters who don't toe the company line. They strong arm their own fighters in an attempt to control their video game rights, they boot fighters to the curb who don't kiss dana's ass, or guys who may have one questionable performance. Etc Etc

And that's fine, it's a business, they are looking at their own best interests. But they are not in this to support MMA as a whole.

Personally Im in the mixed feelings dept. I was digging the fact that SF was bringing high level fights to non ppv. And yeah I was digging the fact that the success of SF was getting under Dana's skin, as well as the many UFC huggers.

I worry that if SF is absorbed into the UFC we will see a bunch of cuts much like we have seen when the WEC was absorbed. And those guys will have less options (although I have stated I suspect other org's will fill that void). And taking a cue from my paragraph above. Where do the talented fighters who Dana black balls go?

I'd feel much better about all this if Randy was running this thing.

On the other hand when it's Reem vs Cain for the title, all this side stuff won't mean ish.

I completely respect your opinion Capt., I personally see things very different, but don't think it's neccessary for us, or me and GDP, to keep going back and forth on it. You guys are knowledgable MMA fans, we just disagree on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce?   Do you like the buyout of Strikeforce? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next