Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sergio Martinez is legit!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Sergio Martinez is legit! Empty
PostSubject: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 1:35 am

I really wasnt sold on him until the fight tonight. He fought a very game guy who had never been knocked down in his life and not only did he knock him down 5 times he got the TKO. Only thing he said I didnt like was that he wanted Floyd and Manny to move up to fight him scratch
Back to top Go down
Sean Connery is my father
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:50 am

You weren't sold on Martinez already ??????????? Shocked
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 9:46 am

Sean Connery is my father wrote:

Maybe after the Williams fight I was but after last night Im fully on board with him. Although I think James Kirkland is his biggest threat at 160. If he moves up to 168 I think he has some big fights that I dont think he wins.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:23 pm

i can totally understand not being sold on Martinez, people dont realize that even in 2008 he was still fighting easy Argentinians in 4 rounders

but the dude is for real, wonder how long it will last cause hes already what 37?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:43 pm

Yeah he is alittle old by age but he definitely didnt look old last night.
Back to top Go down
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:41 pm

timthebim wrote:

Maybe after the Williams fight I was but after last night Im fully on board with him. Although I think James Kirkland is his biggest threat at 160. If he moves up to 168 I think he has some big fights that I dont think he wins.

I don't see anyone at Jr Middleweight or Middleweight who can beat Martinez, the man is in his prime at the moment and looks ridiculously better with every fight.

Martinez also has an extremely intelligent trainer in Gabriel, just listen to the advice he gives during each round, the man has brilliant knowledge of the sweet science.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:12 pm

timthebim wrote:

I don't see anyone at Jr Middleweight or Middleweight who can beat Martinez, the man is in his prime at the moment and looks ridiculously better with every fight.

Martinez also has an extremely intelligent trainer in Gabriel, just listen to the advice he gives during each round, the man has brilliant knowledge of the sweet science.

I agree he would be the favorite against just about every1 at 154 and 160 but James kirkland can give him a real fight I think.
Back to top Go down
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Not sure about Kirkland yet, he's looked one dimensional in the past. And he's been in jail for the past two years.

Maybe hiring Kenny Adams will help iron out a couple of those flaws.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Not sure about Kirkland yet, he's looked one dimensional in the past. And he's been in jail for the past two years.

I thought Max Kellerman said it perfectly last night that Kirkland isnt ready tomorrow but in about 1 year he will be the top contender.
Back to top Go down
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:22 pm

timthebim wrote:

I thought Max Kellerman said it perfectly last night that Kirkland isnt ready tomorrow but in about 1 year he will be the top contender.

I just hope we get to see James Kirkland vs Alfredo Angulo sometime in the future. That will be a fight of the decade contdender.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 pm

timthebim wrote:

I just hope we get to see James Kirkland vs Alfredo Angulo sometime in the future. That will be a fight of the decade contdender.

I agree that fight would be a great 1. I think Boxing needs alot more fights like that also. That will be an all action fight, a cant miss FOTY canidate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez is legit!   Sergio Martinez is legit! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez is legit!
Page 1 of 1