Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sergio Martinez stripped

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Sergio Martinez stripped Empty
PostSubject: Sergio Martinez stripped   Sergio Martinez stripped EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34851

Quote :
On Tuesday, the World Boxing Council (WBC), in a letter sent by its president Jose Sulaiman, stated that unbeaten Sebastian Zbik (30-0, 10KO) is now the new "undisputed" world champion at middleweight. Zbik contributed since July 2009 after a victory at Nurburgring to win the interim belt of the WBC.

In October, Sebastian Zbik, in Cancun, was officially mandatory challenger by the WBC for the reigning world champion Sergio Martinez (46-2-2, 26KO) from Argentina. But Martinez would not meet Zbik. The newly crowned WBC champion celebrated the new title with a round of champagne at the Universum Gym with his coaching team and the boxing colleagues. Zbik is now the first German boxer that holds the substantial belt and follows on big names to have held that WBC belt like Marvin Hagler, Carlos Monzon, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns and Bernard Hopkins.

Sebastian Zbik: "At last the long wait is over. I am very happy that I am now a true world champion. I've always said that I wanted to fight Martinez. I defended the interim title three times now. Therefore, I am glad that the WBC has now drawn their conclusions. I worked hard for 6 years for this day. Now the big moment finally arrives, it feels great. It is an honor for me to wear this traditional belt and I'm proud of myself to be classified at the world champion.

I'm looking forward to my first defense. I want to make my way to the WBC. But I can also imagine a title unification. Two middleweight championss live around the corner with Felix Sturm and Sebastian Sylvester. Both are afraid to fight me. But now I have this belt with a good argument on my side. Felix Sturm has so repeatedly announced to want to fight the best boxer in the class. Why did not he boxes against me, instead of "no-names" such as Lorenzo and Hearns? These are not world-class opponents. He knows the route to Hamburg very well. "

Coach Artur Grigorian: "I am proud that Sebastian finally has the real belt. He is my first world champion. I look forward to the next title defenses with him very much. Many thanks to the promoter. "

Universum's Vice President Dietmar Poszwa: "We appreciate this decision by the WBC. We should have won, of course, but prefer the ring belt. But rules are meant to be honored. Sebastian deserves this great belt. He waited a long time and worked hard for it. He was not afraid and stood up to any opponent."
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez stripped   Sergio Martinez stripped EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 pm

lolz
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez stripped   Sergio Martinez stripped EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 2:59 pm

BS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sergio Martinez stripped   Sergio Martinez stripped Empty

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez stripped
Page 1 of 1