Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC On Versus 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

UFC On Versus 3 Empty
PostSubject: UFC On Versus 3   UFC On Versus 3 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:16 am

UFC On Versus 3 Ufc-versus-3-poster

Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann

With Diego Sanchez' newfound inspiration to compete at Welterweight full time again came the renouncement of his moniker of "nightmare" he has set his sights on Martin Kampmann for his road back into relevancy. This could very well be fight of the night as Diego puts on a frenetic pace regardless of where the fight goes. Martin Kampmann is no pushover though, having held his own against current number one contender Jake Shields. Both fighters have Paulo Thiago in common, and both looked just as impressive against the Brazilian. Kampmann is the more technical striker, however power would belong to Diego. On the ground it comes down to position. Diego has yet to be submitted in his MMA Career and has shown very good submission defense during his time in grappling tournaments. Martin Kampmann has shown his fair share of grappling talent as well being able to sweep and get back to his feet several times against Jake Shields.

Prediction: Diego Sanchez by Decision

C.B. Dollaway vs. Mark Munoz

Both men have shown talent as up and coming stars of the future. CB Dollaway is the former college wrestling mate and current team mate of Cain Velasquez while Mark Munoz trains out of team Black House with the likes of Jose Aldo,
Junior Dos Santos, Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, and the Nogueira brothers. While easily the more powerful of the two, Mark Munoz has his shortcomings. His wrestling has not translated as well as he'd like to MMA as evidenced by his fights with Yushin Okami and Aaron Simpson. While both are outstanding wrestlers in their own rights it is clear he has trouble exerting his will on other high level wrestlers, and that may not bode well for him here. Dollaway has had his own troubles, falling prey to submissions from time to time, as well as his lack of diverse striking. His submissions though have remained good enough to aid in his success. Ground and pound if he can get it there belongs to Munoz in this fight. Overall wrestling I would award to CB Dollaway in the regard that he has transitioned more fluidly his takedowns than Munoz. Submissions go to Dollaway however who knows if he will be able to hold one on with Munoz' strength. Striking is a bit poor on both sides but overall technique I would give to Dollaway because Munoz' punches are almost Leonard Garcia-esque at times. He covers up a bit too much when he starts getting hit.

Prediction: CB Dollaway by Decision

Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page

Former WEC Bantamweight champion Brian Bowles makes his long awaited return from injuring his hand against Dominick Cruz. Damacio Page is fresh off his defeat at the hands of Demetrios Johnson. This fight will likely be similar to the last time they fought only it is likely to last a little longer this time. There aren't many outs here for Damacio as Bowles owns the edge in striking and in wrestling. Damacio has to hope for a way to take Brian down and get on top otherwise he will be eating stiff rights one way or another for the duration of the night.

Prediction: Brian Bowles by TKO

Joe Stevenson vs. Danny Castillo

The up and comer meets the well travelled former contender. Joe Stevenson looks to get back into the win collumn against the always tough and entertaining Danny Castillo. Castillo looks to prove he not only belongs in the UFC, but belongs in talks for more than just a mid level spot. Stevenson has shown very skillful transitions on the ground when he is on top, and save for a run in with Jens Pulver at the age of sixteen and his last fight his chin has seen him through enough striking to get there. Castillo owns an edge in wrestling however, and he may just put Stevenson on his back before he can apply such a takedown. Castillo also brings striking power to the table, certainly more so than the last man to put Stevenson down in Mac Danzig. All in all I see this being a fight that keeps the attention until the end.

Prediction: Danny Castillo by TKO

Shane Roller vs. Thiago Tavares

A classic matchup of the wrestler against the jiu jitsu black belt. Roller has recently dispatched Jamie Varner by way of first round submission while Tavares made short work of Pat Audinwood at UFC119. While his striking game is still in the works Shane Rollers takedowns are quite adept. Something tells Me he will be looking to snag more than just a couple of those takedowns in this fight. He will have to be careful though not to fall into the web that is the Jiu Jitsu practicioners submission game. Roller should be able to avoid most bad positions and mix up his ground and pound enough to avoid standups enroute to a less than thrilling but far from a lay and pray special.

Prediction: Shane Roller by Decision

Dave Branch vs. Rousimar Palhares

In what should be primarily a grappling affair Rousimar Palhares meets Dave Branch. Neither brings a whole lot to the table as far as striking though both are more than willing to go for the "crazy" strikes, the head kicks and whatnot. On the ground Palhares will likely be the aggressor and hold the power advantage. Branch is no slouch on the ground however. That slam put on him by Gerald Harris is likely not something many people could/would replicate. This should be very exciting for those who enjoy a good ground war. However in the end I can see Palhares getting the sub based on brute strength.

Prediction: Rousimar Palhares by Submission

Post your predictions below or here!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC On Versus 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC On Versus 3   UFC On Versus 3 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:00 am

I think Diego just out works Kamp and gets the dec, but this fight is very hard to call.

I think Munoz will be the one who chooses where this fight takes place, he has the heavier hands and I think he connects. I think Munoz gets a late TKO.

Bowles looks like a monster next to page and I think he comes back strong. I think Bowles gets the KO fairly early.

I think Castillio will be a handful for Joe, I think he might even surprise him and steal the first round. I think Joe recovers, I'm taking Joe via split dec.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

UFC On Versus 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC On Versus 3   UFC On Versus 3 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:55 pm

TONIGHT!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UFC On Versus 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC On Versus 3   UFC On Versus 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC On Versus 3
Page 1 of 1