Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! Empty
PostSubject: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Quote :
The growing trend of 3D television is finally ready to marry itself to the growing sport of mixed martial arts.

The UFC's upcoming UFC on Versus 3 event will be broadcast in 3D on select cable outlets, sport trade journal Sports Business Daily reported on Friday. It will mark the first time a UFC event is telecast in the format, though the UFC has privately tried out the technology in the past.

According to the report, the 3D telecast will have a different production crew from Versus' regular HD setup. Versus is also planning to occasionally utilize a split-screen presentation that will air live arena content like locker room views alongside commercials.

The report notes that among cable distributors, Comcast, Cox, Verizon, Massillon Cable, Blue Ridge and Armstrong have signed on.

UFC on Versus 3 takes place on March 3 from the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky and features a main event pitting Diego Sanchez against Martin Kampmann, alongside a co-main event pairing of former All-American collegiate wrestlers CB Dollaway and Mark Munoz.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/25/ufc-on-versus-3-to-be-broadcast-in-3d/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:57 pm

now i just gotta get me a $3000 tv... pale
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22641/thursdays-ufc-on-versus-3-event-airs-in-3d-harris-and-florian-to-commentate.mma
The 3D broadcast features a separate production crew and equipment. Additionally, veteran play-by-play voice Todd Harris and UFC featherweight Kenny Florian call the action for the 3D broadcast.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:30 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
now i just gotta get me a $3000 tv... pale

Damn I dont have 3,000 lol.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Fuck that. I have a 3d TV and can't watch. Its not on DirectTV.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:40 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Damn that sucks, anything cool come on in 3D?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

How cool is it really????
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:43 pm

I love it. Its hard to describe how awesome the quality is when HDTV already looks so damn good.

The NC was in 3d. I've seen a few bball games. Mostly nature stuff and a few concerts in 3D. I have Sherk 1-4 in 3d as well. More channels & movies are coming though.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:44 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I love it. Its hard to describe how awesome the quality is when HDTV already looks so damn good.

The NC was in 3d. I've seen a few bball games. Mostly nature stuff and a few concerts in 3D. I have Sherk 1-4 in 3d as well. More channels & movies are coming though.

How much did it cost?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Around $1300 for the TV (50" Samsung Plasma). Its a part of Direct TV's HD package so no extra there. I already owned a PS3 so just had to download the newest update.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Around $1300 for the TV (50" Samsung Plasma). Its a part of Direct TV's HD package so no extra there. I already owned a PS3 so just had to download the newest update.

Thats not to bad I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!   UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D! Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on Versus 3 to be available in 3D!
Page 1 of 1