Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back to training at Buckeyemma

Go down 
+3
killerofchicken
OU
MMAEYES
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Back to training at Buckeyemma Empty
PostSubject: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 am

Hey guys don't know if this is actually thread/topic worthy as I'm sure most of you could give a shit what the hell is going on in my life lol. But I'm back training at buckeyemma in columbus in hopes of becoming a decent local pro fighter I just love this sport and I tell you to me there is no feeling like leaving the gym after training your ass off. I've got along way to go to even get back to where I was when I left the gym to join this metal band which I have fun chasing the rockstar dream but in the back of my mind I knew that I should've been training and getting ready for my first ammy fight.

Anyway I'm back at it and my whole body hurts. And I love it
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 am

Good shit, updates are always welcome. Good luck, do work!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:17 am

when can we add this guy to the future prospects list?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 am

I'm just really happy to be getting my ass kicked by pros everyday again.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:36 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Thats more than brock can say haha. Good shit man keep at it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:57 pm

hell ya mma good luck man
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Thats more than brock can say haha. Good shit man keep at it.
LMAO!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:17 am

Jiu-Jitsu class was sweet last night, I was worried my ground game fell off so much that I wouldn't be able to hang in the advanced bjj class, but I did pretty good. My bread and butter is the armbar, omaplata, to triangle transition from my guard, which is pretty standard, go for the armbar your opponent defends you switch to omaplata if the opponent defends back to an armbar or triangle depending on how they defend.

Felt good that my jiu-jitsu teacher Fred Parrish talked me up alittle to all the guys that were there that I didn't know. Made it feel like they(my coaches) had just been waiting on my ass to get back in there and get back to training. I'm taking today off I can't even move my neck so gonna heal up today and back at it tomorrow for kickboxing class which is a weakness of mine.

Thanks for all the support, my goal right now is just to get into fighting shape and I'll go from there. Hopefully it won't be to long before I'm posting my first ammy fight..... even if I get my ass kicked lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:21 am

Hell yeah, good shit man. Keep it up, try not to get your head knocked off tomorrow lol
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:33 am

OU wrote:
Hell yeah, good shit man. Keep it up, try not to get your head knocked off tomorrow lol

No getting around it when they say it's time for live sparring, I always leave standup days with atleast one blacked eye or maybe just acouple red marks lol. When I first started I got my eye fucked up while we were doing mma drills and I got cocky from the bottom position and moved at the wrong time and took a big shot. I wanted to continue I told my headtrainer "I'm not a pussy I can keep going" but my eye was swollen so bad he made me stop. It wasn't my training partners fault really but I got him back anyway lol not as bad though
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Good shit bro. I know they have a pretty good fight camp. I see some of their guys on NAAFS pretty often.

Pretty soon that'll be another mma gym in the rivalry that is on NAAFS between Evolve, Strong Style fight team, and GriffonRawl.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:22 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Good shit bro. I know they have a pretty good fight camp. I see some of their guys on NAAFS pretty often.

Pretty soon that'll be another mma gym in the rivalry that is on NAAFS between Evolve, Strong Style fight team, and GriffonRawl.

Yeah our team is trying to get in it lol. We've got Jason Riley whos fighting on the SF card in columbus, Billy Vaughan who just faught for the naafs fw title, Andrew McCoy and Jason Nickoson who both have faught on naafs cards. That's all the pros I know, there are alot of new ones though that I haven't met yet. And a shit ton more of ammys.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah, that's how it is at my gym in Evolve...we got a few up and comer type pro's, and a couple recognized big name pros....and then a shit ton of ammys lol

I cant wait to get back in there next month though.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:40 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Yeah, that's how it is at my gym in Evolve...we got a few up and comer type pro's, and a couple recognized big name pros....and then a shit ton of ammys lol

I cant wait to get back in there next month though.

LOL I just thought of this you should get your ass back in the gym maybe when we're both ready we can have an ammy fight against each other and post the first ever NP battle between members lol how much do you weigh?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:40 pm

I weigh about 180...want to fight at 155.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:45 pm

NoRegret wrote:

Same here but I would take an ammy fight at 170 because when you have to weigh-in the same day as the fight I know I won't be facing a guy that cuts alot of weigh unless he's a dumbass and wants to give me an advantage lol
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Same here but I would take an ammy fight at 170 because when you have to weigh-in the same day as the fight I know I won't be facing a guy that cuts alot of weigh unless he's a dumbass and wants to give me an advantage lol

Yeah, but people that fight at 170 are freakin huge lol....fuck that noise.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 pm

I don't worry about size really I mean I'm not trying to fuck with a guy three times my size or some shit but I know what you mean. Last night I rolled with this guy I thought was a MW for sure, turns out he cuts to 155, I was pissed lol
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:57 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I don't worry about size really I mean I'm not trying to fuck with a guy three times my size or some shit but I know what you mean. Last night I rolled with this guy I thought was a MW for sure, turns out he cuts to 155, I was pissed lol

Yeah dude, one of our main coaches...Ryan Madigan fights at 170 and he walks around at like 200.

I'm not tryin to fuck around at WW lol.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:24 pm

NoRegret wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Yeah dude, one of our main coaches...Ryan Madigan fights at 170 and he walks around at like 200.

I've seen a couple of his fights, he walks around at 200? Damn. But again ammys like us shouldn't see opponents his size I bet Ryan didn't walk around at 200 and cut to 170 the same day he faught, if he did and the cut didn't hurt him I'd be real surprised.

Ok maybe I'd take an ammy fight at 170 if I know my opponent doesn't walk around at 200 lol. I've seen ammy WW fights on naafs were the two fighters weighed like 163-165 I could handle that
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:27 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
NoRegret wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I've seen a couple of his fights, he walks around at 200? Damn. But again ammys like us shouldn't see opponents his size I bet Ryan didn't walk around at 200 and cut to 170 the same day he faught, if he did and the cut didn't hurt him I'd be real surprised.

Ok maybe I'd take an ammy fight at 170 if I know my opponent doesn't walk around at 200 lol. I've seen ammy WW fights on naafs were the two fighters weighed like 163-165 I could handle that

Yeah lol I'm pretty sure Madigan is over in France right now for some world kickboxing championship fight.

If I can handle a cut to 155, then thats what im going to do lol
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:06 pm

i'm still debating on if I am gonna get back into it. Part of me wants to try out an MMA lifestyle...the other part of me thinks its time to grow up and try to get a career on track and get back into college.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:23 pm

You got to do what you got to do. I hope it works out whatever you do. But just so you know I think chasing your dreams is grown up as long as your still working and providing for your fam if you have one.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:17 am

Man it's friday and I can hardly stay seated here at work I just want to go to the gym right now!! Friday is my favorite day to train for one because it's mma day meaning we do all our drills around fight scenarios plus when you leave on Friday you know you ain't got to wake up early the next day for work. I love it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 am

MMAEYES wrote:
Man it's friday and I can hardly stay seated here at work I just want to go to the gym right now!! Friday is my favorite day to train for one because it's mma day meaning we do all our drills around fight scenarios plus when you leave on Friday you know you ain't got to wake up early the next day for work. I love it.

Good stuff man. Try to avoid the beatings the best you can lol. I'm sure you will be sore tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to training at Buckeyemma   Back to training at Buckeyemma Empty

Back to top Go down

Back to training at Buckeyemma
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next