Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'

Go down 
+8
LA
Jamal
acccardinal12
boomer sooner
OU
bobbitt15
NoRegret
killerofchicken
12 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' Empty
PostSubject: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 pm

[quote]
Quote :
"I like Kenny but he's had his shot -- twice. He had his time and he blew it. He didn't make it. Honestly, I'm the guy to beat. So at the end of the day, I'm going to fight who I think deserves to fight me. Of course he's calling me out, I'm the guy that beat Dunham that on paper was ranked higher than me. I felt he didn't even deserve to fight Evan Dunham. If it wasn't me, somebody else should have had that shot before Kenny. It's no disrespect to Kenny, he's a great fighter, but he doesn't have that 'X' factor. He can't break through that wall, that barrier. Honestly, I would destroy Kenny Florian."

Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 pm

I like the confidence. I'm pulling for Guillard to win this fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 pm

This fight has to be made now. That was awesome
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:21 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
This fight has to be made now. That was awesome

HAHA, thats what i said as well!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:29 pm

hope they make the fight
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:41 pm

I'd love to see Melvin duke it out with Gomi.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Melvin vs Gomi would be awesome. I would settle for Florian just as well.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm

I've wanted that fight the second they signed Gomi.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Florian beats Melvin.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Jamal wrote:
Florian beats Melvin.
elaborate, does he out strike him?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:07 pm

At the moment that seems like a very competitive matchup. With Melvin looking like a reborn fighter I could see him keeping the fight on the feet, and giving Kenny trouble with his speed and power. At the same time Kenny's more technical striking could give Melvin trouble. Very intriguing fight right now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:15 pm

LA wrote:
At the moment that seems like a very competitive matchup. With Melvin looking like a reborn fighter I could see him keeping the fight on the feet, and giving Kenny trouble with his speed and power. At the same time Kenny's more technical striking could give Melvin trouble. Very intriguing fight right now.

Could you also see Kenny using his reach and smarts to give Melvin fits? I know I can. Kenny is no slouch on the feet and Melvin isn't exactly an elite striker.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Of course, and kicks
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:28 pm

When has Melvin Guillard even made it to that wall??
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:08 pm

i personally agree, KenFLo had his time, again and again, and never came close to seizing it

let someone else try for christ sakes
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Well there is nothing better to motivate someone into kicking your ass than what MG just said, so I think now I would take my man Kenny and hopefully Kenny doesn't just beat him, but rips his soul out.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:36 pm

I like Kenny but I would be rooting for Mel here. Time to see some new blood rise to the top. This would be a great fight though
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:47 pm

This fight would be very winnable for Kenny. If he used his smarts and technique he could definitely beat Melvin.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:03 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/28/1961168/melvin-guillard-responds-to-kenny-florian-nobodys-talking-about-him
Quote :
"I’ve got mad respect for Kenny. He’s a good friend. I talk to him all the time. There’s no animosity, but of course he’s going to feel like that when I’m on top right now. He’s had his shot. He’s had two chances to be a champion, he didn’t make it."

"Now him asking to fight me? He’s only doing that because he’s in the shadows and nobody’s talking about him. He’s not in the spotlight. ...Honestly at this point in my career, and me and my agent already agreed on it, I’m not going to get anything out of beating Kenny Florian."

"I’m looking for a No. 1 contender or I want a champion. That’s all I want right now. If I have to take another stepping stone and Kenny wants to throw himself in there, I promise you if that fight happens, I’m going to [expletive] him up and I’m going to make it impressive."
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 pm

This is a make or break fight for KenFlo...if Kenflo loses this fight...he will most likely never get another title shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 pm

NoRegret wrote:
This is a make or break fight for KenFlo...if Kenflo loses this fight...he will most likely never get another title shot.

Odds are this fight doesn't happen. Melvin right now is looking for somthing better then Kenny.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Florian will mix it up and get a finish. He'll stay out of the pocket and pick him apart, then shoot in, get a takedown and finish.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:54 pm

OU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Odds are this fight doesn't happen. Melvin right now is looking for somthing better then Kenny.

Something better? Beating Kenflo puts one in line for the title. Frankly, Melvin would be lucky to get this fight. I'd rather see Kenny fight another great mixed martial artist like Aussie George, and Melvin go toe-to-toe with another brawler like Gomi.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:58 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
OU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

Something better? Beating Kenflo puts one in line for the title. Frankly, Melvin would be lucky to get this fight. I'd rather see Kenny fight another great mixed martial artist like Aussie George, and Melvin go toe-to-toe with another brawler like Gomi.

Right now in Melvin's eyes he wants a #1 contender fight and Florian doesn't qualify for that. To be fair Kenny is coming off a loss right now. He said if he has to fight 1 more fight before he gets that contender fight that he would be more then willing to fight Kenny. Just right now he feels he has earned his chance to get a title shot of his own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'   Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian' Empty

Back to top Go down

Melvin Guillard: 'I would destroy Kenny Florian'
Page 1 of 1