Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State

Go down 
+4
josh200612
MMAEYES
bobbitt15
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State Empty
PostSubject: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:43 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5998053
TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State Dal_e_tcubillboard_sy_576
Twenty electronic billboards congratulating TCU for its Rose Bowl victory -- and heckling Ohio State -- have popped up around Columbus, Ohio.

The billboards seem to be a jab at Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee, who had made derogatory comments about the quality of non-automatic qualifying schools such as TCU and Boise State.
"I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools," Gee said in late November. "We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day.

"So I think until a university runs through that gauntlet that there's some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to [be] in the big ballgame."

The message on 20 electronic billboards in the Columbus area reads:

"Congratulations to TCU for their Rose Bowl victory

-- Little Sisters of the Poor"

At least Ohio State fared better than fellow Big Ten member Wisconsin in its bowl game Tuesday. The Buckeyes defeated Arkansas 31-26 in the Sugar Bowl.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:50 pm

lol awesome
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:52 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
lol awesome

If Ohio State wouldn't have escaped that epic 2nd half collapse it would be even funnier.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:20 pm

WOW that hurts Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:21 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

If that block punt was scooped up, it would sting a little.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:33 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

If that block punt was scooped up, it would sting a little.

IF we would have lost then I could see why someone put this up but since we won, it seems really pointless. I have no problem with them gloating to Mr Gee but he came out and said they made him eat crow so why put this up?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Because he's such a douche bag that he deserves to see it would be my guess
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:58 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Mr Gee isn't a douche bag he just gave his opinion and was proven wrong, why's the guy got to be a douche because he was wrong about an opinion he had. It's not like the guy said that them beating wisc didn't mean he was wrong. And it's not like the guy claimed to be an expert on college football. He admitted he was wrong this was not needed, it makes NO statement, it was really just a waste of money on someones part.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State Gee10

YEP looks like a douche to me.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:17 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Mr Gee isn't a douche bag he just gave his opinion and was proven wrong, why's the guy got to be a douche because he was wrong about an opinion he had. It's not like the guy said that them beating wisc didn't mean he was wrong. And it's not like the guy claimed to be an expert on college football. He admitted he was wrong this was not needed, it makes NO statement, it was really just a waste of money on someones part.

I thought he was douche well before that statement. Never been a fan of his.

Also why do you keep saying Mr. Gee lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:30 pm

josh200612 wrote:

hahahahahaha !!! fucking plus 1
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Ohio is where Dreams go to Die. Ohio State is where fugly girls go to injest running back semen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:37 am

MMAEYES wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

this
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 am

josh200612 wrote:

lol, and this
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 pm

Yeah the board really serves no purpose to me. He admitted he was wrong and that should have been it but to be honest i dont think what he said was wrong. If u want to say Ohio State got lucky to survive TCU did also. If Wisconsin gets that 2 they win in OT. TCUs defense was done by that point in the game. I cant believe Im defending the Buckeyes....YUCK!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State   TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State Empty

Back to top Go down

TCU gets last laugh on Ohio State
Page 1 of 1