Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is with all the birds and fish dying?

Go down 
+10
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
LA
josh200612
Ludo
MMAEYES
NoRegret
killerofchicken
oggy420
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:11 pm

Ludo wrote:
I'm no expert in the fields of aquatic or airborn wildlife so I don't know exactly what is causing it. However if I was going to add something I would suggest following the other truthers and keep harping on 9/11 instead of trying to turn every detrimental and unexplained headline into an evil government conspiracy. You might try not acting like such a little bitch either when someone jokingly makes a reference to you based upon your recent activity and the patterns therein.

Now that your done reading kindly remove your tampon and take a midol.

Feel better? You've been waiting to get that out for a while huh?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 pm

LA wrote:
Agree with Ludo, not the delivery but the gist of it.

LA for such a smart guy, you can certainly lack perception at times.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:18 pm

and Ludo, all i was doing was pointing out that any time i post a topic, even if it is a legitimate news story, you seem to only chime in to either take jabs at me or specifically to write off my opinions as lunacy.

I am just asking that instead of taking absolutely pointless jabs at every idea of mine you can instead bring an original thought of your own to the topic at hand.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:27 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
well fevery year there are massive fish kill offs or whatever they are called, I have seen it myself in Oregon
these were sudden and unexpected

no in the article i read they said thats what they actually thought the fish was, happens alot if youve been in a river or lake alot youve probably seen it before.

The birds are weird, the fish not so much imo.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:29 pm

I wont lie though I am a little worried cause this shit keeps progressively getting closer to Texas.

The 3 Official Times It's O.K. to be Worried
1. Theres a serial killer named after your city (or state), while your in your city (or state)
2. Theres a nuclear power plant around you
3. Animals are randomly dieng off

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:53 pm

I think disease is the most logical explanation considering that things like this happen and that these are species specific occurrences. Thousands of fish popping up dead is not a rare occurrence, some species are far more sensitive to their ecosystems than others, simple changes in oxygen levels in water, pollution, or even unseasonal temperature shifts can and have done this to fish before. Birds dying in flight is more unique but I wouldn't rule out an inadvertent contamination and poisoning, such as they cooped for a night in a Superfund clean up site or some other toxic area like that, or ingested something they normally eat which was this time laden with a new pesticide or herbicide that created a unique reaction in just this species.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:05 pm

oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:

It boils down to how you choose to perceive certain things.

Not a shot, I just love this

4 traits of those who believe

Patternicity - or a tendency to find meaningful patterns in random noise;
Agenticity - or the bent to believe the world is controlled by invisible intentional agent;
Confirmation bias - or the seeking and finding of confirmatory evidence for what we already believe;
Hindsight bias - or tailoring after-the-fact explanations to what we already know happened.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:39 pm

oggy420 wrote:
and Ludo, all i was doing was pointing out that any time i post a topic, even if it is a legitimate news story, you seem to only chime in to either take jabs at me or specifically to write off my opinions as lunacy.

I am just asking that instead of taking absolutely pointless jabs at every idea of mine you can instead bring an original thought of your own to the topic at hand.

The only thing I was taking a jab at was the motif in virtually all your posts of late that aren't Wolf or MMA related. Your one to talk about bringing original thoughts to the topic at hand, however that isn't what this is about. I don't exactly know what your talking about as far as Me only chiming in when it's to take jabs at you. As I recall we had a fairly quality back and forth debate just a week or two back in which you became overly involved and visibly irritated.

Of course I could just blurt out that canada or an oncoming zombie holocaust is on the way if that would make you feel better.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:12 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I think disease is the most logical explanation considering that things like this happen and that these are species specific occurrences. Thousands of fish popping up dead is not a rare occurrence, some species are far more sensitive to their ecosystems than others, simple changes in oxygen levels in water, pollution, or even unseasonal temperature shifts can and have done this to fish before. Birds dying in flight is more unique but I wouldn't rule out an inadvertent contamination and poisoning, such as they cooped for a night in a Superfund clean up site or some other toxic area like that, or ingested something they normally eat which was this time laden with a new pesticide or herbicide that created a unique reaction in just this species.

well it started species specific. The birds in Arkansas were all black birds, while in Louisiana it was several different species including the same black birds but also including sparrows and such.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:19 am

LA wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:

Agenticity - or the bent to believe the world is controlled by invisible intentional agent;
Confirmation bias - or the seeking and finding of confirmatory evidence for what we already believe;
Hindsight bias - or tailoring after-the-fact explanations to what we already know happened.

right. I think you are under the suspicion that i believe all conspiracy theories. That is not true. I follow facts, evidence, and through my own research i can connect the dots and come to a conclusion of which things have merit, and which are just bs. In my opinion where you and i differ is that i can look at the evidence in certain situations and not completely right it off because of what the conclusion might indicate. Unfortunately the truth doesn't always paint a pretty picture, but it's still the truth.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:21 am

Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:24 am

Ludo wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

The only thing I was taking a jab at was the motif in virtually all your posts of late that aren't Wolf or MMA related. Your one to talk about bringing original thoughts to the topic at hand, however that isn't what this is about. I don't exactly know what your talking about as far as Me only chiming in when it's to take jabs at you. As I recall we had a fairly quality back and forth debate just a week or two back in which you became overly involved and visibly irritated.

Of course I could just blurt out that canada or an oncoming zombie holocaust is on the way if that would make you feel better.

Motif? Yea, the truth is such a horrible motif isn't it.

When you can posses the ability to think objectively, and actually take the time to look at actual facts and evidence that i put forth in my opinions, then maybe we can have a real debate. But you instantly shutting down everything i say without even using common sense will get you nowhere fast.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 am

The motif isn't "truth". The motif is a constant paranoia you apparently have where the government is concerned. You said it yourself earlier in this thread that you hope the birds and fish dying mysteriously worldwide isn't some sort of "evil" government testing and all of a sudden I'm the one shutting down your shit without common sense? Come on, man, you can do better than this. If your going to be a little spitfire at least do it right.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:10 am

Paranoia no. Im just awake to reality. Bad people are ruining freedom and the world, whether you can realize that or not. When you know what these people are capable of, it's kind of hard to put anything past them. But you will not understand that so let's just go our separate ways ideologically. If you wish to bring an original thought that isn't some sort of warrant-less attack on my opinion or back handed insult, then that will be more than appreciated.

But if you are just going to sit there and mock my ideas and opinions without even acknowledging what the thread is even about, please don't bother. Im only interested in responses that are genuine and are about the topic being discussed.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:16 am

oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:

right. I think you are under the suspicion that i believe all conspiracy theories. That is not true. I follow facts, evidence, and through my own research i can connect the dots and come to a conclusion of which things have merit, and which are just bs. In my opinion where you and i differ is that i can look at the evidence in certain situations and not completely right it off because of what the conclusion might indicate. Unfortunately the truth doesn't always paint a pretty picture, but it's still the truth.

I never made such an assumption, but based off reading can come to the conclusion you do exhibit some of the traits listed above. These truths, these facts, is really just a matter of opinion, because if these were known truths, known facts, well they wouldn't be conspiracies then would they be.. .It's all in how you choose to perceive what lays before you, but I can respect you for taking a stance one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:11 am

Too bad about five billion people with the lowest IQ's don't drop dead instantly. Idiot rapture please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 am

NoRegret wrote:
Id rather it be a zombie apoc happening, more-so than a deadly virus that just kills anything in its path traveling both through the air and water.

fuck you can say that again cause thats some real shit.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:51 pm

LA wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:

I never made such an assumption, but based off reading can come to the conclusion you do exhibit some of the traits listed above. These truths, these facts, is really just a matter of opinion, because if these were known truths, known facts, well they wouldn't be conspiracies then would they be.. .It's all in how you choose to perceive what lays before you, but I can respect you for taking a stance one way or the other.

Sometimes the truth is covered up and the facts are ignored or just plain unknown to the masses. Thats why talking about things and questioning things is a good thing, not a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Ludo and Oggy.....SHUT YOUR FACES! SHUT IT.......SHU...JUST SHUT IT!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm blaming Obama. It all started when he started backing Michael Vick...
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Ludo and Oggy.....SHUT YOUR FACES! SHUT IT.......SHU...JUST SHUT IT!

Your coming off stupid.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm

oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
LA wrote:

Sometimes the truth is covered up and the facts are ignored or just plain unknown to the masses. Thats why talking about things and questioning things is a good thing, not a bad thing.

And sometimes they aren't, and confirmation and hindsight bias come into play.

But do your thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is with all the birds and fish dying?   What is with all the birds and fish dying? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is with all the birds and fish dying?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2