Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California

Go down 
+8
LA
GDPofDRC
NoRegret
josh200612
Wolfgangsta
OU
killerofchicken
Ninja
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:50 pm

It will be interesting to see how Fedor responds to his first legit loss in the last ten years.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Ludo wrote:
It will be interesting to see how Fedor responds to his first legit loss in the last ten years.

I think he comes out and beats ass like usual. He knows the rookie mistake he made and it won't happen again. Bigfoot is gonna get KO'd imo.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor is ready to fight. He fights 3 times in 2011

I hope you are right.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:00 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Ludo wrote:

I think he comes out and beats ass like usual. He knows the rookie mistake he made and it won't happen again. Bigfoot is gonna get KO'd imo.

I wouldn't sell Bigfoot short here. Lets not forget he soudly outstruck Arlovski just a few months ago so his technical striking isn't far off here. We know he has a good chin, the biggest question is whether his grappling is on par with Fedors.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:04 am

and who didn't see this coming?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21801/strikeforce-and-m-1-say-fedor-negotiations-ongoing-jan-29-fight-not-on-table.mma

eal to bring Fedor Emelianenko back to the Strikeforce cage has not been finalized, according to representatives from the California-based promotion and M-1 Global.

And while a matchup between Emelianenko and Strikeforce heavyweight Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva is possible, a Strikeforce official today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) a date is not set.

"It all depends where these negotiations take us," Strikeforce spokesperson Mike Afromowitz said.

A report today on MMAWeekly.com stated Emelianenko (31-2 MMA, 1-1 SF) is in discussions to meet Silva (14-2 MMA, 1-1 SF) at a Strikeforce event slated for Jan. 29 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose.

But both Strikeforce and M-1 officials say they're still negotiating a contract that includes the services of Emelianenko as well as co-promotional agreement that could bring M-1 Global events to Strikeforce broadcast partner Showtime.

"We are really hoping that we can finalise things as soon as possible," M-1 representative Evgeni Kogan told MMAjunkie.com. "We have been steadily working toward an agreement. And I think we are closer to it now than we have been in the past."

Kogan added that Jan. 29 is "not on the table," though he declined to discuss further details of negotiations.

Earlier this month, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker echoed Kogan's comments when he said Emelianenko's return looks more certain than ever.

"I think we're moving in the right direction," he told MMAjunkie.com following "Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu II." "It sounds like it's getting very close."

M-1 Global head Vadim Finkelstein in October told MMAjunkie.com that his company is negotiating primarily with Showtime to secure Emelianenko's return and said the heavyweight's next opponent has not been a sticking point in talks. He said talks for Emelianenko to fight Silva did not go past the preliminary stage.

As to how long the Russian heavyweight can remain on the shelf, the executive said the fighter's current deal is "open to interpretation."

"There's a reasonable period of time when the fight has to happen, and pretty soon now we'll know whether or not it will be a fight under the existing contract or a new contract," Finkelchtein said. "We have an agreement in place, and that agreement has one more fight on it.

"If we have to operate under that agreement, that's perfectly fine. But if we have the opportunity to make the relationship more long term, than certainly we're open to that as well. So we feel fine about that in terms of Fedor's career because we know at some point very soon, he's going to have a fight."

Emelianenko has not competed since he suffered a shocking submission loss to Fabricio Werdum at "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum" earlier this year. A rematch between the two appeared to be in the works before Werdum underwent surgery for a damaged elbow and was put on the bench until early next year. Emelianenko previously had flirted with the possibility of retirement, but the loss to Werdum ultimately stoked his competitive fires. In an August interview with M-1 Global's website, he hinted that a new contract with Strikeforce could last for up to four to six fights.

Emelianenko signed a three-fight deal with Strikeforce in August 2009 after intense negotiations with both Strikeforce and the UFC. He made his promotional debut a year ago, when he stopped the previously undefeated Brett Rogers at "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers."

Afromowitz said it's "possible" Emelianenko could compete against Silva in a heavyweight tournament expected to begin in February, though that will be determined by the outcome of talks with M-1.

For more on the Jan. 29 Strikeforce event and other upcoming Strikeforce shows, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
No one cares?

I care, but any Fedor "talks" are complete bullshit to me now days. Until an announcement of a signed fight I call bullshit.

+1 bbc12!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:23 pm

The fight was just moved was just moved back to February to fall in place with strikeforce tournament. The fight has been set.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 2:08 pm

Without a link it's tough to say confidently the fight is set. According to this link, http://mmajunkie.com/news/21801/strikeforce-and-m-1-say-fedor-negotiations-ongoing-jan-29-fight-not-on-table.mma, M-1 says it's "possible" for Febuary but negotiations are on going, a lot have things with M-1 in the past have been possible.

LA wrote:
The hate would be more dealing with lack of belief the fight happens, not the matchup.

Until then this is on point
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
The fight was just moved was just moved back to February to fall in place with strikeforce tournament. The fight has been set.

Talk is cheap! Like I said from the get go.....until the fight is signed, I don't believe it when it comes to the Fedor camp. They have been in talks to fight someone for almost 6 months now. Yesterdy it was January, today it is Febuary, and by next week it will be rumored for May or April. It is fucking rediculous when it comes to Fedor and his peice of shit managers.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Here we go again....

Deja Vu is gonna happen all over again and the Fedor fanboys are gonna start defending him when he has done nothing but make us wait. I am a Fedor fan, but I am also honest with myself. Maybe since time proved me right, I won't have to deal with all the crap like last year when about 8 of you argued for Fedor and time proved you wrong. I won't name names though. Just don't bring that shit my way and start bitching about this crap with me. If everyone follows suit maybe he will start fighting again. It's too bad millions of his fans will defend him thru anything and help prolong his next fight. I say forget Fedor and let him fight his way back into title contention.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:25 pm

the fight will be pushed back to fall of 2011 and it won't be against silva.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:20 pm

josh200612 wrote:
the fight will be pushed back to fall of 2011 and it won't be against silva.

Yeah it will be against Werdum who will just have been beaten by Overeem. Fedor beats Werdum and gets Reem as his next fight. Between Reem and Fedor we might get to see them fght in 2012. I Hope it is before December so we get to see it before we all die!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:50 pm

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:51 pm

lol who knows man i think fedor will fight a can to be honest or a guy on 2 weeks notice something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California   Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Antonio “Big Foot” Silva in the works for January 29th card in San Jose, California
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2