Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) Empty
PostSubject: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Hendo vs. Nate now a real possibility
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Now hendo will say this is "anderson's excuse" to not fight him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Ya. That is what Nate and Dan will say. Now Nate will probably have to wait for his shot while Dan moves back to LHW. In a way though, Dan is ducking Marquart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:13 pm

wow u think with some of the guys who are now missing from the ufc's roster they will have a hard time putting on good deep cards?

Anderson out
Rampage out
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:14 pm

Ya I donno, nothing is official at all with Page and bunches of sites are saying he's not in A team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:15 pm

Hendo really should face Nate now but he won't Sad
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:00 am

this now

Over the weekend, ESPN reported that Anderson Silva would be out until next year due to elbow surgery. Today that factoid is coming under dispute, with Silva’s manager Ed Soares telling Kevin Iole that Anderson is ready to go, and his random dream fight of the moment is now Randy Couture:

I spoke to Ed Soares, Silva’s manager, and contrary to published reports, Silva has not had surgery on his elbow and is not in any way incapable of fighting in November if he’s offered a fight. Soares said he hasn’t spoken to Silva about fighting Couture yet, and stressed that such a fight has never been discussed with the UFC. But he did say, “Anderson wants to fight the biggest and the best fighters out there and Randy Couture falls into that category. After Anderson saw the way he fought Rodrigo Nogueira, he said he became an even bigger Randy Couture fan.” I’m guessing the two will fight eventually.

This directly contradicts his holiness Dave Meltzer who also mentioned the Silva surgery, and even Dana White who also brought it up. So for now let me assure you that everyone is very confused as to what the fuck is going on with Anderson Silva and no one knows for sure if he’s actually available to fight or not.

I’m starting to get the vibe of how Ed Soares works though: first he suggests crazy outlandish things like Hendo vs Marquardt for an interim middleweight belt while Anderson takes on Frank Mir. Then when the UFC counters with ‘How about Dan Henderson again?’, it’s time to bring up that elbow surgery Anderson has been meaning to get for a while now. Then Soares casually suggests Anderson Silva vs Randy Couture. And again, once the UFC comes back with ‘Dan Henderson’, we’ll be back to that whole “Ah, well I’d love to but my god this elbow.”

I expect this to go on back and forth for a while till either the UFC cracks and stops acting like it’s Hendo or bust or Anderson Silva runs out of other match ideas or excuses not to fight. Joy! http://www.fightlinker.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)   Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery) Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson done for 09 (elbow surgery)
Page 1 of 1