Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Games and Movies

Go down 
+6
MMAEYES
OU
oggy420
GDPofDRC
captain organic
Cu Bu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:22 pm

Ok per your reviews I have bought a few games and movies

Red dead ps3

The road

red cliff 1&2

Black ops

ok like black ops not as well as WAW though

read dead still in packape along with Red cliff

The Road- mind fuck, made me sad as that is what I see happening if SHTF( might even read the book but this movie made me feel like there is one day when my childrens children would be faced with a similar dilema)
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 pm

The Road

Read the book. Pretty good, but I guess I've thought about post apocalypse type stuff to not be blown away by it.

Just read No Country for Old Men(same author), and I like that book more. Loved the movie.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 3:19 pm

The Road is so much better than the Book of Eli. Comparing since they both came out at the same time and are collapse of society movies.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:48 pm

good to know gdp

was going to get eli on blu ray
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 pm

i don't think they came out at the same time. Eli was later, and was a shitty story. The Road was good.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:54 pm

I'm still stuck on Black Ops. The movie The Fighter looks kind of cheesy but still draws enough interest from me that I want to see it. I can overlook bad acting if the story is good.

Anyone seen The Other Guys? Worth watching?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:57 pm

The road sucked if you ask me. That movie was so depressing that I was thinking of killing myself by the time it was over.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:03 pm

i havent seen the movie but really wanted to
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:15 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i don't think they came out at the same time. Eli was later, and was a shitty story. The Road was good.

I liked The Road more, but Eli was good too. Just more of an action movie that had a sci-fi edge.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 12:27 pm

OU- have heard good things about fighter, but yet to see.

Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 12:38 pm

ong Bak 3 is on demand and soon in theaters. Tony Jaa dont make me say I told you so. Dude does all of his own stunts and makes jet li and chan look like bums.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:37 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
ong Bak 3 is on demand and soon in theaters. Tony Jaa dont make me say I told you so. Dude does all of his own stunts and makes jet li and chan look like bums.

Tony Jaa is the shit!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Ong Bak 3 is getting shit on by pretty much everyone. Also while Tony Jaa is awesome he would get his ass beat by Jet Li and Jackie Chan
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:34 am

I don't know enough about them to really argue but I would pick the Thai fighter in a fight with a Kung Fu guy any day that Bruce Lee isn't alive
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 am

I watched The Other Guys yesterday. If you don't mind cheesy comedy and you are super stoned then this movie isn't too bad. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it. There were some parts I found to be pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:49 pm

OU wrote:
I watched The Other Guys yesterday. If you don't mind cheesy comedy and you are super stoned then this movie isn't too bad. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it. There were some parts I found to be pretty funny.

The beginning with the Rock and Jackson, "you thinking what I'm thinking?". I hadn't laughed that hard since I was a little girl. The rest of the movie was okay, nothing great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
OU wrote:

The beginning with the Rock and Jackson, "you thinking what I'm thinking?". I hadn't laughed that hard since I was a little girl. The rest of the movie was okay, nothing great.

LOL yeah it was pretty funny. There were some lines here and there that really made me laugh. "Hype the winner, no one saw the fight".
The part where Marky Mark talks about being a Lion and going after Ferrell if he was a tuna and then Ferrell flipping it around was great.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 am

this game looks good

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:44 am

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:09 am

Anybody here play Mass Effect? I just got into the second one and let me say its one of the best games EVER!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Games and Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games and Movies   Games and Movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Games and Movies
Page 1 of 1