Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap) Empty
PostSubject: Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap)   Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap) EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm

I did not expect to see Marquez make a very compelling argument for a 3rd go at Pac, but he did just that last night.

In typical JMM fashion he survives an early knockdown to put on an epic performance(granted he does not win all those fights, but that's not important) bludgeoning Katsidis in a fairly competitve and very entertaining main event.

Katsidis gave back, but JMM absorbed the punishment well(aside from the knockdown, which even then he closed the rnd very strong) while landing much more in return, at one point he reeled off a hard throwing 10 punch combo (or about 10, and not all landed but again, not that important).

Referee Bayless with a great stoppage, jumping in b4 Katsidis ever hit the mat, but despite being competitive just one rnd earlier, in the 10th it was pretty clear that the aussie was done.

JMM was way ahead on the cards at the time of the stoppage.

Berto, 1st rnd KO. Showed his hand speed and one punch KO power, over a guy who was 29-1 entering the fight, in a fight that was stopped too early. It was all of one punch, Martinez was up way b4 the 10 ct, defineatly wobbly, but not in terrible shape. Didn't like this stoppage at all.

Berto has layed out a roadmap of Mosley, Cotto and THEN Pac. Makes great sense to me, I would not be interested in a Berto Pac Man match right now, but if Andre could beat Mosley and then Cotto, I'd think alot of people would be interested in that one.

Said he wants to fight 3 times in 2011, would have to fight early in the year,but considering the quick work he made of Martinez, a willing Berto should be ready in short order.

In the opening bout of the night, 13-1 underdog Jason "the American Boy" Litzau upset Celistino Caballaro, via split decision in a 10 rd bout.

though the HBO crew seemed to see this fight as more of a poor showing by Caballaro, I thought Litzau showed some pretty good skills. I remember Litzau as a pretty hyped young fighter on ESPN a bunch of years back. Still only 27, Litzau, who comes from pretty rough home life, supposedly has rededicated himself, crediting his fiance in helping put a stop on his between fight partying.

can't say I see Litzau as a top rate lightweight, but I think he has earned a bigger fight with this win.

at 34 Caballaro did his career great harm with the loss.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap)   Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap) EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:51 am

wow Pissed i missed the fights

Not surprised Marquez won i picked him and expected a war

glad Berto won and got work in i think his plan is smart and realistic if he really wants to fight Mosley

CABALLERO LOST ????? TOO LITZAU????????WTF ???

Caballero was a legit top 10 P4P guy , Litzau is from the Micky Ward school, Ima have to watch that fight even if it is boring. Sad cause no one would fight Caballero before now nobody will.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap)   Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap) EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 pm

The Caballero vs Litzau fight was pretty decent. though the drama of the upset prob helped, might not be as good knowing the outcome.

Problem with the Berto win is, he didn't get much work in. Hope he gets right back out there.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap)   Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap) EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:28 pm

Marquez was a beast last night, beautiful combinations, beat Katsidis in the fight he wanted

And then finished him off in that 9th round, solid effort by Katsidis

Litzau beat the smaller man jumping up in divisions, Caballero didnt have the advantages he thought he'd have

Berto-Freddy, what a disgrace, still cant believe HBO paid him 900k

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap)   Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap) Empty

Back to top Go down

Juan Manual Marquez(and the rest of the HBO card recap)
Page 1 of 1