Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

what degree black belt is machida in karate?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

what degree black belt is machida in karate? Empty
PostSubject: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:20 pm

i heard it was as low as 3rd degree and as high as 5th degree, not sure which is accurate.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Pretty sure he's like infinity degree in Machida Karate. Pretty much whatever the highest level is, multiply that by 10 and that's what Machida is.

Plus he drinks his urine which makes him like +1 degree no matter what.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Pretty sure he's like infinity degree in Machida Karate. Pretty much whatever the highest level is, multiply that by 10 and that's what Machida is.

Plus he drinks his urine which makes him like +1 degree no matter what.

seriously what degree black belt is he in shotukan karate?
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:09 pm

ummm bigs just gave u the answer!...DUH!

haha sorry bro if i knew id tell ya, let me do a lil research,

NINJA! COMBAT! SOONERS! pm me the answer u fuckers!
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:12 pm

wow im getting some sketchy answers in my research...
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:18 pm

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
wow im getting some sketchy answers in my research...

i wonder why they never mention this. they just say he is a great karate fighter and that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:16 pm

Jruq wrote:
This Sherdogger calls him a 3rd degree -
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f11/machida-karate-highlight-video-1033628/

that's interesting that his younger brother shinzo is a higher degree black belt. i guess the only reason i can think of is that lyoto took the time to focus on other disciplines like sumo and bjj, and this is why he is a better all around fighter and mixed martial artist than his brother even though his brother is a higher degree black belt.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:40 pm

He could still in theory be a better karate fighter than a higher level belt as karate belts at that stage have so much non-MMA related things like kata's, sword and weapon demonstrations and things of that nature into them. Also, I routinely watch our highest level blackbelt in judo get handled by this whitebelt because he is so much stronger of an athlete. This kid also handles brown belts in karate in sparring and he's a white belt in judo and an orange in karate. Started training in March.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He could still in theory be a better karate fighter than a higher level belt as karate belts at that stage have so much non-MMA related things like kata's, sword and weapon demonstrations and things of that nature into them. Also, I routinely watch our highest level blackbelt in judo get handled by this whitebelt because he is so much stronger of an athlete. This kid also handles brown belts in karate in sparring and he's a white belt in judo and an orange in karate. Started training in March.

yeah i would agree. wolfie. the belts are more of a reflection of the theoretical knowledge obtained in that discipline more than their strength as a fighter. Usually the case is knowledge is power...but like you provided there are few exception when athleticism and natural talent can overcome this. another good example is how it took bj penn a few years to master BJJ and he was beating guys with higher degree black belt.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:21 pm

thedarkwingduck2k50 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

yeah i would agree. wolfie. the belts are more of a reflection of the theoretical knowledge obtained in that discipline more than their strength as a fighter. Usually the case is knowledge is power...but like you provided there are few exception when athleticism and natural talent can overcome this. another good example is how it took bj penn a few years to master BJJ and he was beating guys with higher degree black belt.
yah, but Bj is bad example because he had been jumping out of pools since he was a boy and that obviously translated to bjj dominance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what degree black belt is machida in karate?   what degree black belt is machida in karate? Empty

Back to top Go down

what degree black belt is machida in karate?
Page 1 of 1