Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo Empty
PostSubject: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:34 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30825/ufc-prez-says-machida-henderson-likely-scratches-head-at-machida-st-pierre.mma
NOTTINGHAM, England – A light-heavyweight bout between ex-champs Lyoto Machida (18-3 MMA, 10-3 UFC) and Dan Henderson (29-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) is still in the works, UFC President Dana White today said.

"We're still working it all out," said White, who did not give a timetable for the proposed fight.

The matchup is widely expected to have title implications. But according to White, it's become suddenly difficult to find a title contender for current champ Jon Jones, who recently notched his fourth straight title defense.

The executive pointed to a recent interview Machida gave in which he said he'd be open to a fight at middleweight with welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

"Where the f--- did that come from?" White said. "(St-Pierre) and Anderson (Silva) makes all the sense in the world. Him and Machida makes no sense whatsoever.

"Doesn't that kind of tell you something? Everyone was looking for that No. 1 contender's spot, and suddenly no one wants to be the No. 1 contender in the light-heavyweight division? Pretty interesting."

Machida, who's previously hinted at a move to 185 pounds, was linked to Henderson after turning down a fight with Jones at UFC 152 on the basis that he didn't have enough time to prepare. The champ choked him unconscious when they first met at UFC 140 this past December.

Machida earned a title shot by knocking out Ryan Bader at UFC on FOX 4 this past momnth, but White pumped the brakes on the opportunity after the fighter turned down Jones.

Henderson is currently recovering from a badly torn medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his right knee that forced him to withdraw from a title fight at UFC 151 against Jones (which led to the UFC canceling the event). The decorated fighter previously told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he would be ready to fight by year's end, though he didn't know his opponent.

Jones, meanwhile, is recovering from an injury he sustained in a fight against Machida's replacement at UFC 152, Vitor Belfort. In the first round of their meeting, which took place Sept. 22 in Toronto, Belfort caught him in an armbar and hyperextended it before the champ was able to escape. He later told reporters he may be suffering from nerve damage, but White today said that the extent of the champ's injuries is unknown.

Most likely, though, Machida vs. Henderson will have taken place before Jones steps into the cage again.

For the latest on the UFC's upcoming schedule, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:35 pm

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17211-now-machida-wants-to-fight-gsp-as-well
Quote :
β€œIt would be an interesting karate duel but I don't know at what weight we would do it. If it is at 185lbs, I will go for it,”

Last edited by OU on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:36 pm

He can fight GSP, but only after I'm done with him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He can fight GSP, but only after I'm done with him.
After GSP bores us to death in a 5 rounder vs Condit, everyone will be calling him out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Random.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Ali wrote:
Random.
That's what Dana said. But we don't know the entire context of the Machida conversation. I'm sure he was probably asked about GSP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:04 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Random.
That's what Dana said. But we don't know the entire context of the Machida conversation. I'm sure he was probably asked about GSP.

Or perhaps Machida wants to be one of the few guys who's beaten both Penn and GSP Wink
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Random.

Or perhaps Machida wants to be one of the few guys who's beaten both Penn and GSP Wink
Penn, GSP and Ace. Didn't they all hold the title at the same time back in the day?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:09 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Random.

Penn, GSP and Ace. Didn't they all hold the title at the same time back in the day?
Just looked and they didn't. BJ had a title before Franklin and again after. GSP won his for the first time just after Franklin lost his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:11 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Random.

Possibly.

Damn I forgot Couture as well, Lyoto is a ex title holder slayer
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Random.

Possibly.

Damn I forgot Couture as well, Lyoto is a ex title holder slayer
I looked, they didn't. BJ held the title before and after but not during and GSP won his 1 month after Franklin lost his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:20 pm

Couture, Shogun, Evans, Tito, Penn and Ace. IF Machida was to add Hendo to that list where would that put him in terms of GOAT talk ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Ali wrote:
Couture, Shogun, Evans, Tito, Penn and Ace. IF Machida was to add Hendo to that list where would that put him in terms of GOAT talk ?
You can take Shogun off that list. No one really thinks he beat Shogun. Even if he beats Hendo, I'd still have Shogun higher on the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 4:27 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
You can take Shogun off that list. No one really thinks he beat Shogun. Even if he beats Hendo, I'd still have Shogun higher on the list.

The first fight was close, I didn't view it as a robbery like some here did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Machida beating Penn, GSP and Franklin would not put him in the GOAT talk. He's a much bigger fighter than Penn and GSP and even Forrest has beaten Franklin.

Anyway Machida is a moron for calling out GSP. Call out Jones, Vitor, Sonnen or Weidman instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Where is the actual quote from Machida ? I'd be shocked if he flat out called out GSP, very out of character for Lyoto to do that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 9:06 am

Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo 128825255582505060
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Ali wrote:
Where is the actual quote from Machida ? I'd be shocked if he flat out called out GSP, very out of character for Lyoto to do that.
WTF are you talking about? Read the thread. There is not only a quote from Machida but a there is a link you can click yourself to get to the quote. I'll help you out by telling you to look that 2nd post in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 7:20 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
WTF are you talking about? Read the thread. There is not only a quote from Machida but a there is a link you can click yourself to get to the quote. I'll help you out by telling you to look that 2nd post in this thread.

Missed that.

Yeah like I thought it wasn't a direct call out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo   Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo Empty

Back to top Go down

Machida down for GSP karate vs karate fight, but will probably get Hendo
Page 1 of 1