Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?

Go down 
+4
Ludo
timthebim
Ziggy116
LA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? Empty
PostSubject: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:20 am

The only real issue I have with that is Overeem getting that many votes.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:30 am

I think Fedor even though he got caught but if Cain beats JDS he is far and away the best HW in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 am

How the hell is Overeem at 3? he hasn't beaten any top 10 guy.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:34 am

I think after the way he beat Rogers people really jumped on his bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:48 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
How the hell is Overeem at 3? he hasn't beaten any top 10 guy.

How many times do we have to go through this? Brett Rogers was indeed top ten when he lost to Overeem. Was it a wholly deserved ranking? Thats debatable seeing as he blasted Arlovski and gave Fedor a good fight despite being so green. But he was ranked in the top ten at most every reputable ranking site around, including this one.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:49 am

I think Reem would beat anyone in SF not including Fedor, and would be a very close fight with Fedor, couldn't make a pick right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:50 am

I meant he hasn't beaten anybody in the current top 10. If Rogers is your best ever win you don't deserve a top 5 spot.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:51 am

Some people just don't go by who you've beaten but who they think you would beat......
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:55 am

I realize that, LA. However to say a guy wasn't ranked when he certainly was is petty. We all know that Rogers was ranked, whether he deserved it or not. There's an argument for why he should have been ranked, and an argument to the contrary and both have valid points to them. Fact of the matter is he was in the top ten of a weak division all the same.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:09 am

Nah I wasn't directing that at u or anywhere really, I agree, even though I never believed in Rogers he was top 10 everywhere and Reem's destruction of him shouldn't be overlooked. This def wouldn't be my list, just posting it to post it.

Enjoy Football guys
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:16 am

LA wrote:
I think Reem would beat anyone in SF not including Fedor, and would be a very close fight with Fedor, couldn't make a pick right now.

I could, Fedor would win.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:37 am

Im not so sure that fedor would beat Overeem as easy as most would think. I have Fedor number 1 but Reem would give him a very good fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Anybody who thinks that any HW would beat Overeem easily is a 'tard
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Absolutely agree with u.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:39 pm

timthebim wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Absolutely agree with u.

why is that? just cus of his size. his skills are overrated and has been dropped several times by lhws. he has a very underated ground game but his stand up is just overrated in mma. many hold k-1 strikers high in kickboxing (wich i do as well) however what k-1 striker has ever been at top in an mma match? it goes back to the same arguement of a top boxer being #1 in an mma match. different factors come into play. cro cop to date has been the only k-1 striker to have been on top in the mma rankings however his best win and only win over a top 5 hw was over barnett who needs roids in order to compete. dont get me wrong overeem belongs at the top of the division however most are thinkin he is the best simply based on his size, wasnt that the same case for brock. wether fedor would of won or lost back in june the new #1 hw was goin to be named anyways after the brock/carwin fight for the level of comp they would of each had been facing.

imo cain is on top, fedor second. if cain loses to jds, jds is the new #1 wether fedor wins 2 more in or row against overrem and werdum for the level of comp that they will continue to face. fedor and werdum would both beat overeem. its an insult for him to have gotten so many votes when clearly werdum and even brock have had so many better wins than he has.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:52 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Absolutely agree with u.

why is that? just cus of his size. his skills are overrated and has been dropped several times by lhws. he has a very underated ground game but his stand up is just overrated in mma. many hold k-1 strikers high in kickboxing (wich i do as well) however what k-1 striker has ever been at top in an mma match? it goes back to the same arguement of a top boxer being #1 in an mma match. different factors come into play. cro cop to date has been the only k-1 striker to have been on top in the mma rankings however his best win and only win over a top 5 hw was over barnett who needs roids in order to compete. dont get me wrong overeem belongs at the top of the division however most are thinkin he is the best simply based on his size, wasnt that the same case for brock. wether fedor would of won or lost back in june the new #1 hw was goin to be named anyways after the brock/carwin fight for the level of comp they would of each had been facing.

imo cain is on top, fedor second. if cain loses to jds, jds is the new #1 wether fedor wins 2 more in or row against overrem and werdum for the level of comp that they will continue to face. fedor and werdum would both beat overeem. its an insult for him to have gotten so many votes when clearly werdum and even brock have had so many better wins than he has.

OK u didnt say anything to disagree with us! All we said is he isnt a easy fight for any1. We never said he was top or the best in the division we just said he isnt a cake walk for any1.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:56 pm

timthebim wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Absolutely agree with u.

OK u didnt say anything to disagree with us! All we said is he isnt a easy fight for any1. We never said he was top or the best
in the division we just said he isnt a cake walk for any1.

ok must of misread, my bad
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:00 pm

LA wrote:
Nah I wasn't directing that at u or anywhere really, I agree, even though I never believed in Rogers he was top 10 everywhere and Reem's destruction of him shouldn't be overlooked. This def wouldn't be my list, just posting it to post it.

Enjoy Football guys

In LA's defense, he's never liked Rogers as a top guy. He always said his lack of a wrestling or martial arts pedigree exposes him as just a slugger. So in his top ten, Rogers was never there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 2:21 pm

I can agree with him somewhat, Wolf. In hindsight Rogers didn't deserve the ranking, however thats the thing about hindsight now isn't it. To say a guy never beat anyone in the top ten when his last opponent was in fact ranked there when they fought is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 3:26 pm

LudoCain wrote:
I can agree with him somewhat, Wolf. In hindsight Rogers didn't deserve the ranking, however thats the thing about hindsight now isn't it. To say a guy never beat anyone in the top ten when his last opponent was in fact ranked there when they fought is ridiculous.

Hindsight is something that many MMA fans abuse. Some look at what happened with Fedor's opponents after the bout to discredit him now. Some look at Lesnar's opponents after the fact to discredit him now. We're all guilty of it to various degrees. In fairness though, even in the moment, I never put much stock in Lesnar's opponents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:32 am

Lud's was responding to a different post, just a miscommunitcation
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:12 am

For me the best HW right now is Cain. Fedor fights to infrequently, fights questionable opponents and just lost, Brock got shown up, Carwin has gas tank issues, Werdum couldn't hang in the UFC against a then nobody. So Cain is certainly the man for now. But can he beat JDS? That we will find out soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?   Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who should be considered the Worlds top ranked HW?
Page 1 of 1