Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Golden Boy sign Peter " Kid Chocolate " Quillin

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Golden Boy sign Peter " Kid Chocolate " Quillin Empty
PostSubject: Golden Boy sign Peter " Kid Chocolate " Quillin   Golden Boy sign Peter " Kid Chocolate " Quillin EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Brooklyn middleweight prospect Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin (21-0, 15 KOs), who has fought just once since September 2008 because of various injuries, has signed a promotional deal with Golden Boy Promotions. "It's been a long road to get here, but now that I'm with Golden Boy Promotions, I can't wait for the future," Quillin said. "I'm healthy, focused and ready to get back in the ring as soon as possible. I know Golden Boy expects a lot out of me and I'm looking forward to following in Bernard Hopkins' footsteps as the company's next middleweight champion." Quillin, 27, was on the fast track and had scored solid wins against Antwun Echols, Dionisio Miranda and Sam Hill in 2008 before being sidelined by hand injuries. He returned in February to outpoint Fernando Zuniga. "Peter Quillin has that rare mix of skill, charisma and desire, and you need all three to become a star in this game," Golden Boy's Oscar De La Hoya said in announcing the signing. "He has all the tools, and now it's just a question of getting him in the right fights against the best in the world. We know he's ready for those challenges." Quillin's signing makes sense for Golden Boy, which is looking to stock up on New York-area fighters in anticipation of the 2012 opening of the Barclays Center. Golden Boy recently made a deal with the arena to promote a monthly boxing series there. Golden Boy's Schaefer said Quillin's first under the deal would probably come in early 2011.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=5763782
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Golden Boy sign Peter " Kid Chocolate " Quillin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golden Boy sign Peter " Kid Chocolate " Quillin   Golden Boy sign Peter " Kid Chocolate " Quillin EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:07 pm

This guy has been a "prospect" for years....
Back to top Go down

Golden Boy sign Peter " Kid Chocolate " Quillin
Page 1 of 1