Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Golden Boy sign Devon Alexander

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Golden Boy sign Devon Alexander Empty
PostSubject: Golden Boy sign Devon Alexander   Golden Boy sign Devon Alexander EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:39 pm

Quote :
Golden Boy Promotions and The Great Promotions have teamed up to promote former jr. welterweight champ Devon Alexander “The Great.” Alexander will now campaign at 147 pounds, it was also announced at a press conference held this morning at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

“One hundred and forty-seven is where I’m taking over,” said Alexander (22-1, 13 KOs). “I hate losing and I love to be on top – and that’s where I’m going to be.”

Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer also announced that he would be approaching both HBO and Showtime with plans to stage a welterweight tournament with four to six elite fighters in the division, Alexander included. Possibilities to pit against Alexander include Amir Khan, Victor Ortiz, Marcos Maidana and Paulie Malignaggi, who was in attendance.

“If I fought Malignaggi, it would be a stepping stone,” said Alexander. “I’m at the top of my game right now.”

“Top of your game?” countered Malignaggi. “Last time I checked, neither one of us have a title – and you lost your last three fights.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/golden-boy-inks-alexander-95742
Back to top Go down

Golden Boy sign Devon Alexander
Page 1 of 1