Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!

Go down 
+4
captain organic
OU
NoRegret
Farmer1906
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! Empty
PostSubject: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:45 am

Couture vs Nog is just another perfect example of a big time fight that should have been finished.

Just add that too Frankin Hendo, Franklin Silva, Hughes Serra, Condit Kampmann, etc
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:29 am

I agree with all the other fights, but Nog completely dominated Couture in a very sloppy fight. I was glad it was done in 3 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:06 am

NoRegret wrote:
I agree with all the other fights, but Nog completely dominated Couture in a very sloppy fight. I was glad it was done in 3 rounds.

Sloppy? What are you talking about? Nog and Couture looked good trading and the feet and Nog looked as good as ever on the ground.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:16 am

Their striking wasnt crisp, I dont know what you consider to be looking good standing up but I certainly dont call throwing wild punches and taking shots from your opponent the whole time looking good standing up.

Just my opinion but yeah.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:23 am

They're voxing was solid. Good combos, good head movement, and good pace. You wanna see wild then look at the shot Silva hit Jardine with, go watch an old Wand, or Caveman-Diego.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 am

I didn't think it was a sloppy fight. I thought it was a very entertaining fight and both Nog and Randy took some nice shots. I thought it was entertaining both on the feet and on the ground. Good fight IMO.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 am

im not saying it wasnt a good or entertaining fight, I just didnt think the standup was as great as you guys are making it out to be.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:39 am

I don't think the standup was great but I don't think it was that sloppy either.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:37 pm

According to MMAJunkie, White reiterates no interest in five-round non-title fights
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:47 pm

I don't see a great need for 5 round fights. Certainly Nog vs Randy didn't need to go 5. Nog won the first 3 pretty clearly, Randy was not coming back late in the fight. Why do we need to see Randy get KO'd?

Hughes vs Serra was a fight that couldn't have ended sooner.

Condit vs Kampman? Why would some middle of the pack fighters be featured in a 5 round fight?

Just because a fight is close, does not mean it should have gone longer.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:33 pm

captain organic wrote:
I don't see a great need for 5 round fights. Certainly Nog vs Randy didn't need to go 5. Nog won the first 3 pretty clearly, Randy was not coming back late in the fight. Why do we need to see Randy get KO'd?

Condit vs Kampman? Why would some middle of the pack fighters be featured in a 5 round fight?

It won FOTN for an obvious reason, why wouldn't you want to see 2 more rounds of it?

Condit Kampmann was the headliner for a fight night. It is easily a candidate for fight of the year.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:58 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

It won FOTN for an obvious reason, why wouldn't you want to see 2 more rounds of it?

Condit Kampmann was the headliner for a fight night. It is easily a candidate for fight of the year.

It won fight of the night because there were two fights that had KO's within like 10 seconds of the start of the fight, Leben getting choked out, Thiago Silva dominating Keith Jardine and a snore-fest fight between Vera and the polish experiment...how wouldnt it win FOTN?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:06 pm

It would have taken a pretty damn good fight to knock it from FOTN status. There was some great exchanges, knockdowns, near knock outs, and even when it was on the ground there was very little breaks in the action and a couple of near submissions. For HW's, this was about as exciting and non-stop as you can expect.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:06 pm

NoRegret wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

It won fight of the night because there were two fights that had KO's within like 10 seconds of the start of the fight, Leben getting choked out, Thiago Silva dominating Keith Jardine and a snore-fest fight between Vera and the polish experiment...how wouldnt it win FOTN?

Last PPV Silva's quick finish of Forrest won FOTN. There were 7 other fights that night that could have all won.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 pm

Farmer- that is because UFC 101 was absolutely horrible. Worst PPV I ever witnessed. Only entertaining thing that night was the Silva KO

The Penn vs. Florian fight was boring all the way up until BJ finally stopped toying with Kflo and started to take him to school.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:39 pm

Pellegrino and Hendricks both put on good fights along with the 2 main events.

Have you enjoyed a single fight, NoRegret?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm

No regret is as brutal on good fights, fighters and logic as I am to idiocy, assbabble and nincompoops. The yin to my yang.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:33 pm

And the Randy Nog fight was great. That fight will be in the fight of the year discussions.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:38 pm

The fight of the year is going to be Ace vs Vitor. Talk about a slug fest that will be it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:46 pm

Vitor, has he ever been in a fight of the year type battle? He doesn't get into back and fourth brawls, he wins fast or fades and fights tentatively.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:56 pm

Rich weathers Victor's huge storm in round one to make a comeback in round 2, but Vitor is saved by the bell. The both come out swinging round 3 and Franklin ends it!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:03 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Couture vs Nog is just another perfect example of a big time fight that should have been finished.

Just add that too Frankin Hendo, Franklin Silva, Hughes Serra, Condit Kampmann, etc

It's a good point but I disagree. 5 round for the title are what make those fights significant against non-title fights.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Where am I being negative about this fight? I said the fight was entertaining but the standup was not great. Sorry I'm a realist.

As for UFC 101, if you honestly believe that it was a solid PPV, you're outside your minds.

Honestly, I missed the first couple fights for that PPV though because BW3's was completely full and we had to wait for ppl to leave before we could get in.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:24 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Just because a fight is a good entertaining battle, does not mean it needs to go 5. Randy did a great job in surviving through some hairy situations, but I'm not sure how much longer he could have kept going if he kept getting hit like he was. But Im pretty sure he was not coming back to win that fight. So what is the purpose? Do we need to see what was a valiant effort by Randy beaten into a KO? Was a 3 round shot out by Nog not enough?

And again Condit vs Kampman? Sure good fight, but fight night's should not be included in the discussion. The Condit Kampman fight is as good as your typical 3rd or 4th fight on a UFC PPV card. Why would Condit vs Kampman be a 5 rounder when Silva vs Griffen was not? Your argument has more traction if you leave the fight night fights out of it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:25 pm

Silva Griffin should have been too because it was a co main, but it ended too quickly to make an argument for it and to bring it up is kind of silly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!   All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS! Empty

Back to top Go down

All Main Events Need To Be 5 ROUNDS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next