Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.

Go down 
+11
acccardinal12
throwdownfight1
Ziggy116
bobbitt15
Cu Bu
Ludo
josh200612
captain organic
LA
timthebim
Wolfgangsta
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:33 pm

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
He has decent but not amazing wrestling and nothing else. He's exposed now guys. Can we stop pretending he is great?

He was beaten by Cain Wolf. I wouldn't call that "exposed" in any way. Brock is still on of the toughest HW's on the planet.

7 fights dude, 7 fights!

What does the 7 fight thing mean? Cause imo, it shows how ridiculous it is to rank a guy as high as most do, when he GOT HIS ASS KICKED in his last fight.

Rogers didn't have many fights and got KTFO by Fedor and you still had him in your top 10...

Rogers first loss, in a fairly competitive fight vs the GOAT, is a bit different then getting your ass kicked from pillar to pillar inside of rd 1 vs a guy who was not in the top 10 2 years earlier.

And Brock is still in my top 10.

Brock actually had Cain down early, he postured up to much looking to pass and Cain scrambled up, after that yeah he got beat, but ur guys hate is getting ridiculous

Cain is the future, if you can't see that then.....no sham in losing to him, i always sadi i thought Brock would win but also always said Cain could aswell.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:37 pm

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
He has decent but not amazing wrestling and nothing else. He's exposed now guys. Can we stop pretending he is great?

He was beaten by Cain Wolf. I wouldn't call that "exposed" in any way. Brock is still on of the toughest HW's on the planet.

7 fights dude, 7 fights!

What does the 7 fight thing mean? Cause imo, it shows how ridiculous it is to rank a guy as high as most do, when he GOT HIS ASS KICKED in his last fight.

Rogers didn't have many fights and got KTFO by Fedor and you still had him in your top 10...

Rogers first loss, in a fairly competitive fight vs the GOAT, is a bit different then getting your ass kicked from pillar to pillar inside of rd 1 vs a guy who was not in the top 10 2 years earlier.

And Brock is still in my top 10.

is it sad for cro cop to have gotten ko'd and put to sleep by a guy who just recently learn to strike 2 years ago in mir. how bout nog who was really laid on on his back by cain whom up to that point had no power by manys belief. thats the beauty in mma is that you can improve in such a short amount of time like many have.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Cain looks super dangerous, and worthy of the #1 ranking(fedor and Reem keep themselves out of the spot by keeping themselves out of the cage).

And Im not saying Brock stinks.

But the #2 ranking by most publications, combined with the Fedor can't stuff brocks shots, and the continued "Brock smash" stuff is bizzarro.

Cause Cain thrashed him. The 3 minute man thrashed him too, but of coarse he gassed.

Brock has ALOT of questions to answer. No way around it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:44 pm

captain organic wrote:
Cain looks super dangerous, and worthy of the #1 ranking(fedor and Reem keep themselves out of the spot by keeping themselves out of the cage).

But the #2 ranking by most publications, combined with the Fedor can't stuff brocks shots, and the continued "Brock smash" stuff is bizzarro.

Cause Cain thrashed him. The 3 minute man thrashed him too, but of coarse he gassed.

Brock showed alot of heart in that fight because he could have easily quit against carwin but he fought back and got the win. That fight was huge for Cain because he learned what not to do against Brock. When Cain got Brock down he picked his shots and got the finish. Ur right Brock has alot of questions to answer but I believe he will work hard to get better and try to win the title back.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:45 pm

captain organic wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

7 fights dude, 7 fights!

7 fights means he is still young in the game, and he was the Champion so I think it was okay ti have him ranked high. You and Wolf are just haters!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:46 pm

There are a lot of guys, like 8 or 10 guys at least who would have won the fights in the order Lesnar did and as impressively. I really hate to do this but Randy, for as good as he was, was a product of luck and circumstance and not even close to the toughest guy out there. He didn't have the speed or chin to be a contender with todays top ten. Carwin, Nelson, Cain, JDS, Possibly Brett Rogers, Overeem, Barnett, AA(Randy aint KOing or grapple fuckin our boy, be real), Big Nog, Mir, Werdum, Antonio Silva any and all of these dudes kill Randy the night he lost to Lesnar. How many fighters would beat Mir? Heath Herring??? Most of those guys would finish him easily.

His wins look much better on paper than they really are. Impressive for being his early fights, sure, but not indicative of the best in the game by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:49 pm

There are 8-10 guys that would beat Carwin, LOL ending my particiaption in this thread/

And you are really shitting on Randy
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Cain is the first HW in the UFC that has a legitimate claim based on skills to the number 1 ranking. If Cain beats JDS I am moving the lineal champ to 2 in my rankings, not that everyone else it seems already hasn't.

If Fedor comes back and beats Werdum in his next fight, what do we do then?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:50 pm

beast I have Brock in my top 10. I actually had him #1 prior to cain. How am I a hater?

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:54 pm

I should have said "until Carwin" and clarify I have no idea how many people Carwin would lose to with such a cardio flaw. The closest thing to a true Unbeatable Hulk Smash Monster for 5 minutes. Walking corpse thereafter.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Carwin's cardio could very likely suck but I think there's a good chance we're overstating it. It could have just been the adrenaline dump from fighting for the title and rocking his man and then throwing as hard as he could for what, like 2.5 minutes in a row on top of him? The rush could have just gassed his ass out
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm

timthebim wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Brock showed alot of heart in that fight because he could have easily quit against carwin but he fought back and got the win. That fight was huge for Cain because he learned what not to do against Brock. When Cain got Brock down he picked his shots and got the finish. Ur right Brock has alot of questions to answer but I believe he will work hard to get better and try to win the title back.

At the time I too thought Brock showed a champions heart. But after a repeat performance in his very next fight, where Brock is again running across the ring, and again on his back turtling up, but this time the opponent does not gas after 3 minutes, and Brock is finished within the first round, supposedly by verbal submission, then I have to rethink that Carwin fight. Right now, it's easy to assume that we will see another instance where Brock is sent stumbling across the ring in the very near future.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
There are a lot of guys, like 8 or 10 guys at least who would have won the fights in the order Lesnar did and as impressively. I really hate to do this but Randy, for as good as he was, was a product of luck and circumstance and not even close to the toughest guy out there. He didn't have the speed or chin to be a contender with todays top ten. Carwin, Nelson, Cain, JDS, Possibly Brett Rogers, Overeem, Barnett, AA(Randy aint KOing or grapple fuckin our boy, be real), Big Nog, Mir, Werdum, Antonio Silva any and all of these dudes kill Randy the night he lost to Lesnar. How many fighters would beat Mir? Heath Herring??? Most of those guys would finish him easily.

His wins look much better on paper than they really are. Impressive for being his early fights, sure, but not indicative of the best in the game by a long shot.

in some of those you listed your right but the ones highlighted are just silly. rogers,overeem,barnett , aa and bigfoot simply have too many flaws or have never really defeated an elite fighter to say they could of beaten randy. i agree carwin of today,cain, werdum, nog and mir would of so had a chance to beat randy however so did brock and thats what he did with only 3 fights in his record. guys outside the top 15 would of not had a chance to have beaten randy that night. most tranin for years and having fight records of 20+ fights would not of had a chance of beating randy that night. brock did
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 pm

captain organic wrote:
timthebim wrote:
captain organic wrote:

At the time I too thought Brock showed a champions heart. But after a repeat performance in his very next fight, where Brock is again running across the ring, and again on his back turtling up, but this time the opponent does not gas after 3 minutes, and Brock is finished within the first round, supposedly by verbal submission, then I have to rethink that Carwin fight. Right now, it's easy to assume that we will see another instance where Brock is sent stumbling across the ring in the very near future.
+1 million.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Carwin's cardio could very likely suck but I think there's a good chance we're overstating it. It could have just been the adrenaline dump from fighting for the title and rocking his man and then throwing as hard as he could for what, like 2.5 minutes in a row on top of him? The rush could have just gassed his ass out

Im not looking at the possible cause of Carwin gassing. Im just saying that he def gassed. And that is the sole reason Brock won that fight.

Im super confident in picking Carwin in the rematch.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 pm

Quote :
in some of those you listed your right but the ones highlighted are just silly. rogers,overeem,barnett , aa and bigfoot simply have too many flaws or have never really defeated an elite fighter to say they could of beaten randy. i agree carwin of today,cain, werdum, nog and mir would of so had a chance to beat randy however so did brock and thats what he did with only 3 fights in his record. guys outside the top 15 would of not had a chance to have beaten randy that night. most tranin for years and having fight records of 20+ fights would not of had a chance of beating randy that night. brock did

Almost anything these guys throw will hurt Randy, and a 45 year old Randy wouldn't be able to plow any of them besides maybe Rogers into a fence and avoid striking for 25 minutes. If Nog and Vera are slapping him down every time they connect imagine what these punchers would do.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 pm

captain organic wrote:
beast I have Brock in my top 10. I actually had him #1 prior to cain. How am I a hater?

I never called you a hater. You could clearly tell that a spanish guy broke into my house and typed that while I was pissing.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:09 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Im not looking at the possible cause of Carwin gassing. Im just saying that he def gassed. And that is the sole reason Brock won that fight.

Im super confident in picking Carwin in the rematch.

i would pick him too as long as he drops 15 pounds of muscle in order for a guy his size to gain stamina. doing so he would most like lose power in his punches but would be able to grind out a dec
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Almost anything these guys throw will hurt Randy, and a 45 year old Randy wouldn't be able to plow any of them besides maybe Rogers into a fence and avoid striking for 25 minutes. If Nog and Vera are slapping him down every time they connect imagine what these punchers would do.

what punchers? does aa have the skill to prevent randy from controlling the ground the way nog did. overeem wasnt as strong as he is now but still his chin is glass. barnett once again needs roids in order to compete against top comp so his win would of most likely been overturn by todays standards. around this time bigfoot was barely able to edge out a fat pill driven ricco after being taken down several times. like i said half could of beaten randy, the other half probably couldnt . brock was obviouslyon the side that could of beaten randy. not bad to classify brock among the best with only 3 fights under his record
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:21 pm

Anything that lands from any of them knocks randy out. Randy isn't KOing Overeem dude, be real.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Anything that lands from any of them knocks randy out. Randy isn't KOing Overeem dude, be real.

i never said randy then would ko overeem however i could so see randy grinding out a dec over overeem then. also nog landed several on randy and never ko'd him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Nog can't bust a grape but everything he hit Randy with dropped him. Of all the guys mentioned he is the least powerful puncher and he slapped Randys face off.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Nog can't bust a grape but everything he hit Randy with dropped him. Of all the guys mentioned he is the least powerful puncher and he slapped Randys face off.

has aa,overeem,barnett or bigfoot ever ko'd a legit mma fighter from their feet to say they have power. rogers did ko aa from his feet however we all know of his chin. now guys like mir,jds,cain and cro cop do have power from their stand up and have ko'd top hws from their feet but those you mentioned havent so i wouldnt see them koing randy at that time.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Quote :

has aa,overeem,barnett or bigfoot ever ko'd a legit mma fighter from their feet to say they have power.

Do you watch MMA? This conversation is over. It's nothing personal. You'll find new conversations I promise. It's not you, it's me.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:02 am

captain organic wrote:
timthebim wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Hell Brock probably figured it worked for me last time lets weather the storm the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.    Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighters who would beat Brock Lesnar.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next