Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who can beat Brock?

Go down 
+8
thedarkwingduck2k50
LTFG
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
Bigs03
KmacLamb23
Andrew the Raider King
captain organic
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Who can beat Brock? Empty
PostSubject: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:09 am

Is there any fighter in the history of the UFC that could beat Brock Lesnar at their peak?

Honestly, the only ones that would come close in my opinion are Josh Barnett and Nogueira.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:28 am

I don't write off Carwin. Especially if that rumor of him bein near 290 or whatever is correct.

I favor brock, but one can't write off a very big heavy with a chin and power.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 am

I can't think of anybody in MMA who I think can beat Brock. Fedor maxes out at 30 pounds less than what Brock cuts to. Randy even less. Rally I think it will be sometime before we see someone who can possibly match up with him.
Back to top Go down
KmacLamb23
White Belt
White Belt
KmacLamb23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Bones Jones, Hendo

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 am

I think Cain could put on a little bit of wait and improve his stiking over the next year or so and he would have a shot a beating brock. Carwin has a chance... maybe a health Nog.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:44 am

Of course someone can beat him.

Fedor would beat him.

Cain might outwork him.

Carwin gets his crack first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:55 am

Fedor has never been in the UFC. Fedor can beat anyone.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:05 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Fedor has never been in the UFC. Fedor can beat anyone.

We will see, not that he has had a real challenge since Cro Cop.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 12:35 pm

Ahem....
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:01 pm

no one
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:29 pm

I want to see a big heavy with power test that block head before Brock drags them down. We have yet to see that chin really tested. If it's on the ground, I'm not sure anyone can overcome that size and power to work a submission now. I would like to think that Nog and Fedor could submit him, but I'm not 100% convinced anymore...
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:02 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
I want to see a big heavy with power test that block head before Brock drags them down. We have yet to see that chin really tested. If it's on the ground, I'm not sure anyone can overcome that size and power to work a submission now. I would like to think that Nog and Fedor could submit him, but I'm not 100% convinced anymore...

he ate 2 or 3 good knees from mir and still had the composure to take mir down. i think he has a great chin.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:03 pm

Brock admitted he saw little birdies for a second when Mir landed that knee.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Brock admitted he saw little birdies for a second when Mir landed that knee.

exactly, the direct knees to the head would probably KO most guys out, but brock saw a few birdies and still took mir down.
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:14 pm

it'll probably take punches in bunches to drop brock. the guy who i think that does this really well is brett rogers...he has the amazing ability to connect with his combos. give him some takedown defense, and he might have the best chance...as of right now, carwin is the only guy i think that has the best chance.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:26 pm

todd duffee by ko atleast I would hope
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 4:20 pm

thedarkwingduck2k50 wrote:
it'll probably take punches in bunches to drop brock. the guy who i think that does this really well is brett rogers...he has the amazing ability to connect with his combos. give him some takedown defense, and he might have the best chance...as of right now, carwin is the only guy i think that has the best chance.

I hold no opinon on Rogers because he's never faced anyone that can take it to him on the ground. I want to see how quickly Fedor snaps that arm on the ground before I give opinion. If he lasts more than a minute there, I'll give him props...
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Being as I think Nog can beat him now (because of his improved boxing), I'll say say Nog.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 1:38 am

No way Nog beats him and I reserve judgement on Fedor until he fights next week.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 1:07 am

Mark Kerr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can beat Brock?   Who can beat Brock? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who can beat Brock?
Page 1 of 1