Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VITALI IS REMARKABLE

Go down 
+8
KrazyHorseBennett
captainanddew
Ring
dmar5143
bobbitt15
powerpuncher
timthebim
marbleheadmaui
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:38 pm

Ring wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
How many fighters in the history of the sport have been better than Klitschko in their late 30's? Fitzsimmons, Moore, Hopkins, Foreman. Anybody else?

How many fighters in history have taken multi-year layoffs (for whatever reason) and come back to perform the way Vitali has? Ali, Louis, Jofre, Leonard, Floyd. Anyone else?

How many heavyweights routinely throw 70+ punches a round? Now how many after 35 do it? Not very many.

Is Vitali awkward? Yup. Is his technique one that ought not to be mimicked? Yup. Is his competition of limited quality? Yup. Is he great? We'll probably never really know.
But he's big and strong and rugged and knows what he's doing in the ring and he is always, always fit. He fights whomever is available. What's not to like?
Vitali Klitschko. The sport could use a couple more guys like him.

Didn't every great HW Champion fight his share limited quality competition? Look at some of the tomatocans/journeymen, Dempsey, Louis, Lewis, and Marciano fought for the title. "Defining" fights for HW Champions are few and far between, Ali was one of the few exceptions, he basically had 3 top quality opponents who helped define him and make him great. (Liston, Frazier & Foreman)

Just because he hasn't been in that many "defining" fights or faced what some believe is quality opposition, that doesn't mean that Vitali wouldn't be competitive in any boxing era. I see no reason to believe that if Vitali's opposition in the division were better, he wouldn't simply rise to the challenge and take care of business as usual.

P.S. Not only does Vitali win, he almost always dominates, and he has the highest KO% of any HW Champion in the history of pro boxing, give the guy some fucking credit.

[scratching head] That was sort of the point of the thread.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
i cant believe that dmar agrees with me. it seems like we are always disagreeing. haha. i give vitali credit for the things that he has done but as dmar pointed out, the only 2 opponents that he has faced that were actually worth anything were byrd and lewis and he lost both of those fights. and lewis looked the worst ive ever seen him look in that fight. so again, thats why vitali is a solid fighter but not a great one. he started dominating after the division fell apart.

*Sigh*, the "losses" to Lewis (stopped because of a horrible cut) and Byrd, (a torn rotator cuff) were meaningless. Do you really think Byrd would have "won" the fight if Vitali hadn't gotten injured, or do you really believe that Vitali could have continued but decided to quit?

As for the fight with Lewis, without the terrible cut, I believe there's a good chance Klitschko would have won, in any event Vitali wanted a rematch for years afterwards, but Lewis retired after the fight.
nonetheless, name one good fighter that vitali has beaten. im saying that he lost to the only 2 solid fighters on his resume of fighters. is that a coincidence that both of those fights ended the way they did? i dont necessarily think so. quitting against byrd when he was going to win the fight isnt something to look past. he just had to survive for a few more rounds and against byrd thats not hard to do. i doubt that his rotator cuff was so bad that he just couldnt even move it. and with lewis, thats just how boxing goes. vitali just got a huge cut that wasnt a fluke. lewis just landed shots and created a cut. and again, lewis looked terrible in that fight. he looked worse than when he got KO'd by rahman and he still managed to beat vitali.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:16 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ring wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
How many fighters in the history of the sport have been better than Klitschko in their late 30's? Fitzsimmons, Moore, Hopkins, Foreman. Anybody else?

How many fighters in history have taken multi-year layoffs (for whatever reason) and come back to perform the way Vitali has? Ali, Louis, Jofre, Leonard, Floyd. Anyone else?

How many heavyweights routinely throw 70+ punches a round? Now how many after 35 do it? Not very many.

Is Vitali awkward? Yup. Is his technique one that ought not to be mimicked? Yup. Is his competition of limited quality? Yup. Is he great? We'll probably never really know.
But he's big and strong and rugged and knows what he's doing in the ring and he is always, always fit. He fights whomever is available. What's not to like?
Vitali Klitschko. The sport could use a couple more guys like him.

Didn't every great HW Champion fight his share limited quality competition? Look at some of the tomatocans/journeymen, Dempsey, Louis, Lewis, and Marciano fought for the title. "Defining" fights for HW Champions are few and far between, Ali was one of the few exceptions, he basically had 3 top quality opponents who helped define him and make him great. (Liston, Frazier & Foreman)

Just because he hasn't been in that many "defining" fights or faced what some believe is quality opposition, that doesn't mean that Vitali wouldn't be competitive in any boxing era. I see no reason to believe that if Vitali's opposition in the division were better, he wouldn't simply rise to the challenge and take care of business as usual.

P.S. Not only does Vitali win, he almost always dominates, and he has the highest KO% of any HW Champion in the history of pro boxing, give the guy some fucking credit.

[scratching head] That was sort of the point of the thread.

I know, that comment wasn't directed at you sir. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:25 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
i cant believe that dmar agrees with me. it seems like we are always disagreeing. haha. i give vitali credit for the things that he has done but as dmar pointed out, the only 2 opponents that he has faced that were actually worth anything were byrd and lewis and he lost both of those fights. and lewis looked the worst ive ever seen him look in that fight. so again, thats why vitali is a solid fighter but not a great one. he started dominating after the division fell apart.

*Sigh*, the "losses" to Lewis (stopped because of a horrible cut) and Byrd, (a torn rotator cuff) were meaningless. Do you really think Byrd would have "won" the fight if Vitali hadn't gotten injured, or do you really believe that Vitali could have continued but decided to quit?

As for the fight with Lewis, without the terrible cut, I believe there's a good chance Klitschko would have won, in any event Vitali wanted a rematch for years afterwards, but Lewis retired after the fight.
nonetheless, name one good fighter that vitali has beaten. im saying that he lost to the only 2 solid fighters on his resume of fighters. is that a coincidence that both of those fights ended the way they did? i dont necessarily think so. quitting against byrd when he was going to win the fight isnt something to look past. he just had to survive for a few more rounds and against byrd thats not hard to do. i doubt that his rotator cuff was so bad that he just couldnt even move it. and with lewis, thats just how boxing goes. vitali just got a huge cut that wasnt a fluke. lewis just landed shots and created a cut. and again, lewis looked terrible in that fight. he looked worse than when he got KO'd by rahman and he still managed to beat vitali.

No offense Powerpuncher, but you're just nitpicking, typical of those who don't want to give Vitali any credit, and seem oblivious to what he's accomplished as a Heavyweight, so lets just agree to disagree. Smile
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

No offense Powerpuncher, but you're just nitpicking, typical of those who don't want to give Vitali any credit, and seem oblivious to what he's accomplished as a Heavyweight, so lets just agree to disagree. Smile
thats fine ring. haha. i just want to say that i give vitali credit for what he has done but IMO its not as much as you think it is
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 pm

Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Vitali could have survived the rest of that fight with Byrd, yes. Yes, he QUIT. Q-U-I-T.

If Danny Williams fought with that horrific shoulder separation and pulled out a win, Vitali could have easily fought in survival mode for the last few rounds and taken the decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:49 am

Both Klitschko's are mediocre fighters in a poor division with freakish size.

How many seconds roll past before Marble collapses in a fit of rage ?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 am

Ali wrote:

no rage from captain, but a shaking of the head at my scottish friend.

His strange obsession with David Haye doesn't make sense to me, but then again I have a strange obsession with the UK (have read over 100 books related to all things UK), that doesn't go over too well in the States.

Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:38 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Vitali could have survived the rest of that fight with Byrd, yes. Yes, he QUIT. Q-U-I-T.

If Danny Williams fought with that horrific shoulder separation and pulled out a win, Vitali could have easily fought in survival mode for the last few rounds and taken the decision.

Believe what you want, I choose to believe that because of the injury, he felt he couldn't go on, especially in a fight he was winning and against a chump like Byrd. Vitali showed in the Lewis fight that he was no "quitter", some of you fuckers need to get real.

BTW, you just sound like a Klitschko hater.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:41 am

Ali wrote:

Yeah right Ali, I think it's pointless to offer a up a rebuttal to that nonsense.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Believe what you want, I choose to believe that because of the injury, he felt he couldn't go on, especially in a fight he was winning and against a chump like Byrd. Vitali showed in the Lewis fight that he was no "quitter", some of you fuckers need to get real.

And you sound like Vitali's cock is rooted at the back of your throat.

He quit in the Byrd fight. Deal with it. His toughness he showed in the Lewis fight has not one fucking thing to do with how he quit in an entirely different fight.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:29 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

He quit in the Byrd fight. Deal with it. His toughness he showed in the Lewis fight has not one fucking thing to do with how he quit in an entirely different fight.

Right, and you're a childish fucking idiot who can't debate civilly.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:36 pm

Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Ring wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Right, and you're a childish fucking idiot who can't debate civilly.

Hey, I'm not the one that started accusing me of being a Klitschko hater, but since you opened the insult bag I figured I'd take it a step beyond.

Love when people who start the insulting get bent when they get something a little worse thrown back at them.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 pm

i ended my feud with ring and now he is onto more. haha
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Well damn, it was oh-so obvious that I was a Klitschko hater by the two lines I posted, wasn't it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Please keep it civil, I don't want to have to trash a good thread.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 pm

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Well damn, it was oh-so obvious that I was a Klitschko hater by the two lines I posted, wasn't it?

im a klitschko hater too but i always try to be fair when i rank people. but i guess the reason i didnt like the klits in the first place is because everybody talked about how good they were and i always knew that they werent anything special.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:16 pm

powerpuncher i dont think there special either but they are darn good.very good.special nope.great nope..very very good.yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:00 pm

I think Vitali is notable, but I can't go so far to say remarkable. He definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves.

I don't understand the lack of love for Wlad. What has Vitali done that he hasn't? Or is it just the KO losses?
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:37 am

Gumby wrote:
I think Vitali is notable, but I can't go so far to say remarkable. He definitely doesn't get the credit he deserves.

I don't understand the lack of love for Wlad. What has Vitali done that he hasn't? Or is it just the KO losses?
i think that its the KO losses. wlad has lost to complete bums while at least the 2 people that vitali lost to were lewis and byrd.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Gumby wrote:

No lack of love by me for Wlad. Vitali just happened to be the topic de jure.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:19 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Miss Marble he was a classy guy with encyclopedic knowledge.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Marble is a quitter.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 7:29 pm

A guy got under his skin and he turned tail.Too bad I liked the guy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VITALI IS REMARKABLE   VITALI IS REMARKABLE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

VITALI IS REMARKABLE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2