Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You ever miss being a kid

Go down 
+5
hardcoreBEE24
KingsOwn19
KrazyHorseBennett
WinstonSmith
LA
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

You ever miss being a kid Empty
PostSubject: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Watching Stand by Me, first off great movie, but it reminds me of simpler times.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:58 pm

Watching my six-year old makes me long for those days sometimes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 am

I loved being a kid. I actually feel sorry for kids these days. They spend all their time watching cable or on the computer. When I was young their was no cable here in Australia and the Internet didn't exist. We use to spend our days hanging outside, playing sport and basically anything but staying inside.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:19 am

LA wrote:
Watching Stand by Me, first off great movie, but it reminds me of simpler times.

Jesus fuckin Christ, man, are you even 21? EDIT: OKay, 23. Your "simpler time" is now. Enjoy it, because it goes pretty motherfucking quick. Believe that.

Worry about "when you were young" when you're creeping on 40. Or 60.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:20 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
LA wrote:

Jesus fuckin Christ, man, are you even 21? EDIT: OKay, 23. Your "simpler time" is now. Enjoy it, because it goes pretty motherfucking quick. Believe that.

Worry about "when you were young" when you're creeping on 40. Or 60.

I think he's referring to having no responsibilty at all and times when going on a pointless adventure through the woods in search of possibily nothing was enough to make a kids day.

I'm 24. I know i'm young but I see some dumb 8 year old running around in circles having the time of his life and i'm bored or doing something i don't want to do most of the time. I miss the days.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:48 am

Kings got it, and hey just cause some of us are young doesn't mean we don't have responsibilities. I have bills to pay, a place to take care of, decisions to make on what my next step in school will be, a girlfriend dropping hints of marrage, and I'm sure the other young guys on here have the same kind of things going on.

This is more so around the age of the kids in the movie, at the end when the narrator (Richard Dreyfuss) says you never have friends like you have at that time in your life, he's pretty much right. Sure we have goods friends now, but man when I was that age I had 4 super close friends, Sam, Phil, Jon and Garrett, and I can pretty much remember hanging out with em like it was yesterday. The sleep overs, tree forts, funny adventures, and on and on, you just don't get those kind of experiences again.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:49 am

Oh and that movie is a classic, think I'm gonna buy it.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:50 am

I don't. I like drinking beer, getting my dick sucked, driving a car, buying shit I want when I want, geting a steak, watching rated a R movies etc. I don't miss any of that kid shit. I love doing adult stuff. I had to ask permission to do stuff when I was a kid. I guess I still have to ask my wife but at least I get to fuck her.

Now ask me if I miss being sixteen, when I did all of the above and had no responsibilities? Fuck yeah I miss those times. Got my dick sucked all the time back then.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:53 am

Rolling Eyes Nobody said you had to take one over the other, simply you ever miss being a kid? Most people miss some of those moments, sounds like some got picked on, jk.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:23 am

LA wrote:
Rolling Eyes Nobody said you had to take one over the other, simply you ever miss being a kid? Most people miss some of those moments, sounds like some got picked on, jk.

Of course I got picked on, actually violently beaten up on a regular basis. I had a lot of friends from school but I was the youngest in my neighborhood and the smallest. I got shot with bb guns, lit on fire, attempted hangings. Every school picture frim five to ten I have a black eye in. That shit was normal in my neighborhood back then. My next door neighbor was a girland she had it way worse than me. If anything I miss fighting in the street without the thought of getting arrested and having to make up stories about fights as an adult to fill that void.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:41 am

Wow shitty youth
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:43 am

Having an 8 year old stepson allows me this strange duality between being the parent and being a kid myself. I have always been described as a kid at heart anyway. I've spent obscene amounts of cash on nerf guns, foam and plastic weaponry, boxing and martial arts gloves of all shapes and sizes, and squirtguns and I have hosted entire neighborhood battles. The kind of stuff I dreamed about as a kid. I don't do it as much as when he was five and six but I play action figures with my kids too.

I found a dead puppy in a plastic bag under a tire on one of my woodland adventures as probably an 8 year old boy which effected me certainly. And another time I found a small hatchet someone dropped in the brush, which naturally was like discovering a magic battleaxe. Another time a group of us on one of our forest adventures found a cow caught in a mud pit in a creek bed and tried in vein to save it and pull it out. We didn't tell anyone because we were scared of I don't know what but when we came back a few days later it was dead. We were horrified that we didn't say anything to the farmer. I think like all five of us cried. It was like Atreyu losing his horse to the bog man. We went and told him then and expected to get in hella trouble or something for being on his land or not telling but he was thankful and seemed more worried about us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:48 am

I had a great childhood. I had about 250 cousins and relatives living in the area so there was always things to do and no one would mess with us because there was so many of us.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 am

LA wrote:
Wow shitty youth

Not the best. If not for . my folks I could have wound up like the older guys from my block. I consider myself lucky in that regard that my strong base at home prevented me from becoming a psychopathic degenerate.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:53 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
LA wrote:

Of course I got picked on, actually violently beaten up on a regular basis. I had a lot of friends from school but I was the youngest in my neighborhood and the smallest. I got shot with bb guns, lit on fire, attempted hangings. Every school picture frim five to ten I have a black eye in. That shit was normal in my neighborhood back then. My next door neighbor was a girland she had it way worse than me. If anything I miss fighting in the street without the thought of getting arrested and having to make up stories about fights as an adult to fill that void.

LOL fuck you aha.

Today made me realize how much I don't miss all that. You aint the only one who was picked on for being a shrimp dawg. By Jr High that made me into something I really (no)regret being. I got kicked out of highschool for fighting with the capt of the wrestling team. And arrested who knows how many times for fighting between the ages of 14-21.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:55 am

Why do people do shit like that? my buddy got his dog cause he saw a guy pull over and drop a garbage back on the side of the road, he checked it out and there was a puppy inside, some people are fucked up.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
LA wrote:
Wow shitty youth

Not the best. If not for . my folks I could have wound up like the older guys from my block. I consider myself lucky in that regard that my strong base at home prevented me from becoming a psychopathic degenerate.

Take it you grew up in a rough part of Brooklyn, didn't see that's where you're from originally
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:58 am

Hardcore made me a fan with his first post. That is the way I feel about being a kid again. I can be a kid with my kids like Wolf is saying. Other than that I think Freak is an Aborigine with that many cousins.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:59 am

No one tried to set me on fire or anything though. Jesus.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:01 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Hardcore made me a fan with his first post. That is the way I feel about being a kid again. I can be a kid with my kids like Wolf is saying. Other than that I think Freak is an Aborigine with that many cousins.

I didn't see that, 250 WTF?

His Dad with Crocodile Dundee

You ever miss being a kid Paul-hogan-crocodile-dundee-linda-kozlowski-taxjpg-21973af2aaba517f_large
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:02 am

LA wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
LA wrote:
Wow shitty youth

Take it you grew up in a rough part of Brooklyn, didn't see that's where you're from originally

Blue Collar. Not like East New York, Bushwick, or Brownsville. We had nice block parties and most of the kids were cool. My block in particular was made up of white trash scumbags that were brutal. Those guys are all dead or junkies now. Bath Beach is just your typical Italian Irish blue collar middle class neighborhood. Its actually has a ton of Russian Polish and Chinese now. Loads of chinese and Russian.

Last edited by hardcoreBEE24 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:03 am

Freak must live in a small town in the outback where they don't see a lot of new faces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:07 am

Lol. I live in Sydney and no i'm not aborigine.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
LA wrote:

LOL fuck you aha.

Today made me realize how much I don't miss all that. You aint the only one who was picked on for being a shrimp dawg. By Jr High that made me into something I really (no)regret being. I got kicked out of highschool for fighting with the capt of the wrestling team. And arrested who knows how many times for fighting between the ages of 14-21.

You guys lacked the CRAZY mindset that I had. I was always the skinny kid, but nobody fucked with me. I threatened one bigass football player with a broken bottle in 8th grade and the rest was history. I put it to his throat and he cried. Skinny bbc12 was not to be fucked with cause I scared the shit out of the tougher guys. Nobody fucked with me ever in school, EVER! By the time I was in High School I had tough friends and people knew I was the type that would get revenge because I told whoever if you mess with me I will get you when your back is turned. I used scare tactics like nothing. A good threat always scares a punkass bitch. Good thing I never had to do what I would have never done. I told a teacher my junior year I would skin him like an animal for grabbing my arm. People knew I was fucking crazy. It was all a show though, because I love bunnies, Twilight, and babies sooo much! I fooled everyone with that crazy shit. Hardcore you should've been HARDCORE with your mouth man. No black eyes for you if you would have thought that one out. I was nice to everyone and had many friends. Every now and then someone would fuck with me and by the time school was out they were so scared they would apologize. lol that shit ruled! I swear that is how I was back then.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:16 am

Nevermind Hardcore! If you grew up in that kind of neighborhood you would've had to practice what I only preached.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You ever miss being a kid   You ever miss being a kid Empty

Back to top Go down

You ever miss being a kid
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next