Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th

Go down 
+6
NJBeatdown86
hardcoreBEE24
Tobe06
captainanddew
dmar5143
dbudge87
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th Empty
PostSubject: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Golzka reports that heavyweight Alexander Povetkin (19-0, 14KOs) will return on October 16 against Teke Oruh (14-2, 6KOs) at the Olimpyskiy Sports Palace in Chekhov, Russia. Oruh has not fought for two years, losing his last two fights to Manuel Quezada and Joel Abell. He beat Jason Gavern and has never tasted defeat by knockout. Povetkin will return for the first time since March when he knocked out Javier Mora. No time will be wasted. If all goes well with Oruh, Povetkin will return on October 30 in Stadthalle, Rostock, Germany.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31495

Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:34 pm

this was the number one challenger to the champion. the heavyweight scene is in a dire situation. i hope audley kos haye, then wlad kos audley and then the division can just die for good. this slow dull and very large pain is too much for me to take anymore
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:39 pm

dbudge87 wrote:
this was the number one challenger to the champion. the heavyweight scene is in a dire situation. i hope audley kos haye, then wlad kos audley and then the division can just die for good. this slow dull and very large pain is too much for me to take anymore
...lol this is close to the truth....soo this is how povetkin gets experience to fight a K brother huh...this is a joke.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:41 pm

Teddy Atlas is going to make this man an unstoppable force!!!!! (captain rolls around the floor laughing hysterically Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:57 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Teddy Atlas is going to make this man an unstoppable force!!!!! (captain rolls around the floor laughing hysterically Laughing ).

Laughing Seriously, I mean I get bringing the guy along slowly, but this a bit much.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:07 pm

This division sucks. Povetkin sucks. Fuck these guys. Fuck that whole division. For the payday one gets from a Klitschko id fight one of those giants. The only explanation of not fighting them would be for one if these guys to say "Look, boxing is all I know and how I support my family if I fight one of these guys my career is over".
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:21 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
This division sucks. Povetkin sucks. Fuck these guys. Fuck that whole division. For the payday one gets from a Klitschko id fight one of those giants. The only explanation of not fighting them would be for one if these guys to say "Look, boxing is all I know and how I support my family if I fight one of these guys my career is over".
...hardcore your right on some things for sure but the payday povetkin will get will exceed his next 5 fights plus hes young and can go back to fighting tomatoe cans like he is now..noo guts noo glory for sure..
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 pm

This guy has had two years to fight Wlad, if he's not ready now, he never will be. Don't forget he's had lengthy amateur experience to boot.

Bring the Highlander on. He has no chance against Wlad, but I'd love to see him try.

*sings "POLLLLLLSSSSKKKKKKKKAAAAAAA" like they do at The Rock.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:25 am

Povetkin has regressed under Teddy just like I predicted he would.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:23 am

dmar5143 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
...hardcore your right on some things for sure but the payday povetkin will get will exceed his next 5 fights plus hes young and can go back to fighting tomatoe cans like he is now..noo guts noo glory for sure..

That's what I mean. I would at least understand if Povetkin made it clear that he would like to fight a K bros but doing so would completely end his career. The payday he'll receive would be his largest so the only reasonable thing would be to say he couldn't continue afterwards at all and this would be a one and done.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 am

Highlander has no shot, but at least he is staying busy at HW. He'll give it everything he can and get the huge payday.

If the strategy for Povetkin is to get him confident and active then they need to line up 5-6 fights in 9 months. Keep him in the gym, fighting guys and trying to improve.

Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:53 am

captainanddew wrote:
Highlander has no shot, but at least he is staying busy at HW. He'll give it everything he can and get the huge payday.

If the strategy for Povetkin is to get him confident and active then they need to line up 5-6 fights in 9 months. Keep him in the gym, fighting guys and trying to improve.

Its not though. Povetkin and the rest of the division just suck that's all.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:29 am

If people want to shit on Mike Tyson for the division he reigned over during his time as champ, they damn well fuckin' better do the same when the frankenstein brothers are looked at in the future.

This is the shittiest era of heavies EVER.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:45 am

lol frankenstein brothers..awsome.i like that.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:57 pm

I dont know what Teddy is thinking..... his boy has no chance at all against either Klitschko. he should of just let his fighter cash out when he had the chance. Povetkin is no young guy, hes already 30, so I highly doubt Teddy will be able to progress him the way he wants.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:21 pm

Povetkin is a fool for listening to Teddy Atlas and blowing a chance at fighting Wlad for $2 million. If Atlas was trying to protect Povetkin, he should have let him fight, and then stopped the fight if he was taking a beating. It's no shame for a young fighter to lose to a champion early in their career, take the $2 million, learn from the experience, and then come back later, and win a title.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th   Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th Empty

Back to top Go down

Alexander Povetkin to resurrect Bum Of The Month club on Oct 16th
Page 1 of 1