Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES Empty
PostSubject: MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES   MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:32 pm

THEthe first time i ever heard of dokes is when a few guys from my home town introduced me to him.there were friends of dokes and were involved in helping him in his career..they asked me to come to the gym and watch this guy work out..they told me his name and i said never heared of him..he was preparing for his first pro fight and they told me of his very succesfull amatuer background..i knew little on the amatuers dispite a friend tony philapelli who was one of the 2 or 3 best amatuer reffs in the country...well he looked about 6 foot 3 and 225..i asked how much does he weigh.they said 207 this morning..dam he looked a lot bigger..i watch him work out and his hand speed and power with both hands were impressive..good balance and he knew what he was doing..i said hes getting ready for his first pro fight.unbelieveable..then the shocker..i ask how old is he..18 they said..i said WHAT 18 unreal..i told dokes after we were introduced after the workout..you got tons of talent.dont fuck up.your going to be HW champ for a good 4 years..18 years old.what a shame.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES   MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:59 pm

he had alot of talent and was extremely tough, sadly he wasted it a bit, in this era he easily has a trinket
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES   MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:20 pm

He just got out of the pen, right? Is he punchy? IIRC he beat the snot out of his lady.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES   MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:23 pm

I was at a club in So. Fla. one night & I look up and lo & behold, standing right next to me is Mr. Michael Dokes. I shook his hand, gave him a "how you doin' champ?" and bought him a Heineken. Couple minutes later he turns toward me and he has a huge lump of coke hanging out of his nose. I say "hey champ..." and make the wipe your nose gesture. He sniffs it back & says "thanks". My good friend was tending bar & he gives me the raised eyebrow look. We hung out till about 4am doing shots & Heine's. I knew after that night that all the talent in the world wouldn't help this guy. Still, he was fun to watch in an era of fairly evenly matched heavyweights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES   MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES Empty

Back to top Go down

MY FIRST IMPRESSION OF MICHAEL DOKES
Page 1 of 1