Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT

Go down 
+4
KingsOwn19
franklinfan2
OU
EliteAcidBurn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT Empty
PostSubject: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:14 am

Anyone think this might be an interesting fight. And how will Frank come back after having his ass handed to him?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:35 am

Kongo will knock him silly then get submitted going for the finish. This move will officially be known as "The Mir".
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:41 am

lmao.....
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:50 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Kongo will knock him silly then get submitted going for the finish. This move will officially be known as "The Mir".

"The Mir" is very similar to "the Nog",but with "the Nog" you let your opponent beat your face to a pulp then you sub your opponent when his arms are too tired to swing.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:00 am

Mir via toe hold
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:08 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
you got it kongo's standup is a little better and as soon as it hits the ground tap tap tap kongo mir wins first round. Not to mention mir is focused on his stand up so it could be closer on the feet if he is prepared.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:30 am

Kongo's takedown defense is going to be what determines this fight. If Kongo can improve in that area and keep it standing, he will likely win. Granted, Mir's wrestling is not that of Velasquez's, but its still far better then Kongo's. If Mir can take him down and get on top, he wins.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:37 am

Mir can just grab him and pull guard and win it that way. He just needs to get a hold of Kongo and he can finish it, Kongo's grappling skills are just that weak.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:38 am

once mir gets a hold of him it gonna be fight over
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:25 pm

Mir, kneebar
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:33 pm

Kongo has to hope to land the big one early... Because if he can't rock Mir fairly quickly, this fight will be on the ground in under a minute with Kongo tapping soon after. I know Mir's stand-up is ever improving, but I don't "think" he's dumb enough to try and trade with Cheick.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:41 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Kongo has to hope to land the big one early... Because if he can't rock Mir fairly quickly, this fight will be on the ground in under a minute with Kongo tapping soon after. I know Mir's stand-up is ever improving, but I don't "think" he's dumb enough to try and trade with Cheick.

http://mmamania.com/2009/08/21/frank-mir-plans-on-striking-with-cheick-kongo-at-ufc-107/
“I think the advantage of being well rounded is not having to force anything. As long as we’re boxing with each other, I feel very comfortable against Cheick Kongo. Obviously I don’t want to eat one of his knees, so I probably will try to strike with him a lot because if I just try to dive at him there’s always a chance of taking one of those.”
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:41 pm

hopefully he didn't fall too in love with his striking.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Mir can be a bit of a douche but he's not stupid. He knows where his strength is and he knows where Kongo's weakness is. He'll take it to the ground when the opportunity is there.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:45 pm

I agree Sooners, but I have a feeling the strategy will be to trade gingerly and cautiously while looking for the first kick and try to catch the leg and get it to the ground... If he thinks he can win a stand-up battle with Cheick, Brock knocked something loose in that head...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Like I said originally I think eventually Kongo will catch Mir, go in for the kill and get subbed. That move will then officially be called "The Mir" and he will change his nickname to "The Possum"(added that part)
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:54 pm

I can hear Buffer now...Frank The Po-ssummmmmmm...MIIIIIRRRRR!!!!!

I gotta love Mir, though, he's ma boy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT   THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT Empty

Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS ON MIR KONGO FIGHT
Page 1 of 1