Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? Empty
PostSubject: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:49 pm

I have a feeling these will get awful ratings. Not only because college football season is here but I just don't see those fights drawing much interest.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Spike ratings have been declining recently across the board for UFC programming, and there is no reason to believe a card that will be lucky to scrape 250k will do any better on Spike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:55 pm

off the subject but did dana white ever announce what he'll do as a "make up" for the abu dhabi thing?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Spike ratings have been declining recently across the board for UFC programming, and there is no reason to believe a card that will be lucky to scrape 250k will do any better on Spike.

You combine that with the fact that these fights have pretty much no appeal and these numbers just might hurt future fights from airing on SPIKE.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:59 pm

120 and 121 being free are the make ups.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
ok, just wondering cuz i never saw an announcement or anything
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Did he officially say that was the makeup or are you just assuming that is it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:05 pm

I haven't seen anything saying UFC 121 is free. From what I can see they already have SPIKE prelims set which would make you assume this is a PPV event.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:34 pm

He meant 122 I'm sure. Obviously Brock isn't going to be on Spike
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:37 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
He meant 122 I'm sure. Obviously Brock isn't going to be on Spike

No he was joking I'm sure. When and if Dana ever "officially" says anything about what the makeup is going to be, well will know.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:38 pm

I think 120 and 122 being free on Spike is certainly the makeup. Not that either of those cards could've passed as a real PPV anyway
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I think 120 and 122 being free on Spike is certainly the makeup. Not that either of those cards could've passed as a real PPV anyway

I don't see how it could be. We get overseas fights free on SPIKE all the time. I'm pretty sure Wolf was just joking. Pretty damn sure.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:42 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I don't see how it could be. We get overseas fights free on SPIKE all the time. I'm pretty sure Wolf was just joking. Pretty damn sure.
wolf jokes around? scratch
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Well it was more sarcasm. Dana promised "something big". Putting overseas shows with no title fights on SPIKE just like they do all the time wouldn't exactly qualify.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:26 pm

I meant 122 and those are the make ups. Not that the UFC particularly "owes" us anything anyway.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I meant 122 and those are the make ups. Not that the UFC particularly "owes" us anything anyway.

Are you just guessing or have you read something that would suggest those are the makeups?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Both of those cards have been discussed in that context, and in the context of "omg im a spoiled brat and these free events suck and don't qualify waaa" since they were announced.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Both of those cards have been discussed in that context, and in the context of "omg im a spoiled brat and these free events suck and don't qualify waaa" since they were announced.

Show me where and who is saying such things. Are u sure you're not pulling my chain?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?   How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE? Empty

Back to top Go down

How will the UFC 119 prelims do on SPIKE?
Page 1 of 1