Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime Empty
PostSubject: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:09 am

http://nhbnews.podomatic.com/entry/2010-09-19T22_42_07-07_00

..and a new 5 fight deal with Fedor in Strikeforce.

If i'm Coker, i start buzzing in Showtime's ear about this. This is M-1's way of riding the coatails of other organizations despite the fact that Fedor losing a fight pretty much destroyed M-1 co-promotion card after Fedor's next fight, even if it's a Werdum rematch and destruction.

Strikeforce should not re-sign Fedor unless his contract is a Strikeforce contract.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:16 am

Well Kingsown, that is the biggest problem in dealing with Fedor/M-1/Vadim. They do want to ride other people's gravy train without the expense. During their last contract negotiations with the UFC they got offered more money but they didn't get the 50/50 co-promotion that they wanted. Co-promotion is fine, if it truly is a partnership, but in this case as well as the Strikeforce case, it wasn't. They were not shelling out all the monies that come with a co-promotion.

I know some of the folks think I am crazy, because I don't complain about what fighters are paid or don't think they are underpaid. But nobody looks at the big picture and even if they try to, they don't understand it. The UFC does about 350 million a year in revenue, but that is not profit. They have to pay for fighters, transportation, insurance, promotions (commercials, posters, radio spots), hotel rooms, doctors, cutman, food, security, arena rentals, office employees, athletic licensing fees, and on and so forth. M-1 wasn't going to have that headache, they wanted nothing more that the title and compensation of a co-promoter without the headaches or up front expense of a co-promoter. That is why M-1 is destined to fail.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:00 am

Let's be real here, SF still needs Fedor, he brings notoriety, he brings respectability, his presence helps SF sign other top level fighters, not signing him would be the worst idea SF could follow.

Also M-1 is a viable pipeline of upcoming eastern european talent. I'm all for seeing these guys on a challenger series card(which I believe is the plan at the moment).

Further SF might be looking at the MMA landscape, and acknowledging that the UFC gets the majority of MMA press, how it is still in many fans's eyes, the one and only MMA org in the world, and maybe they are thinking that M-1, Bellator, Sharks(they did lend a couple fighters to that card) are their allies, fighting for the same cause.

I do hope that this news, along with the multiple big signings we have seen from SF, means that showtime and CBS are ready to host more shows. Cause currently, too many guys are going long stretches without getting fights.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:12 am

That is great Cap, but what is the cause? I acknowledge I have been impressed with Bellator & Shark Fights, with cooling passions towards SF. But what is so great about Fedor right now? His history from 5 years ago. If they really wanted to bring in a big name they would pump out money and get Royce fighting again. But we are talking about M-1 pushing other organizations around and they do all based on Fedor's formerly percieved invincibility. But that is no longer believed and his record has now been tarnished, not by his loss, but by his level of opponents the last 5 years. I say let him finish this overpriced contract and offer him a fair deal. If he and M-1 don't like it, maybe Shark Fights will pony up.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:26 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
That is great Cap, but what is the cause? I acknowledge I have been impressed with Bellator & Shark Fights, with cooling passions towards SF. But what is so great about Fedor right now? His history from 5 years ago. If they really wanted to bring in a big name they would pump out money and get Royce fighting again. But we are talking about M-1 pushing other organizations around and they do all based on Fedor's formerly percieved invincibility. But that is no longer believed and his record has now been tarnished, not by his loss, but by his level of opponents the last 5 years. I say let him finish this overpriced contract and offer him a fair deal. If he and M-1 don't like it, maybe Shark Fights will pony up.

I just don't understand why u so undervalue 2 former UFC champs, as well as the best BJJ player in the hwy division. Granted none of em were 47 on fight night, but they are atill pretty good.

And aside from the roids, Rogers resume looks very similar to Carwins.

And Andrew I thought we have established that u don't watch bellator.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:23 pm

You did, I chose to disagree. But I still don't get to watch as often as I would like too. I have a family and responsibilities that do not always look recognizable to people who are always looking forward to another "Kegger" with 15 year old girls who don't know what "roofies" are.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Cap, They should keep Fedor but on their terms. Not M-1's. They don't really NEED Fedor to continue growing as a promotion. Strikeforce is and will always be the place Fedor took his first real fall. That builds credibility and i think being on Showtime and having CBS down the road and proving to be able to pay pretty good contracts will always attract top talent.

I like M-1 as a scout org. It's good somebody will go out there and find international talent but their co-promotion days should be over after Fedor's next fight. It's not like they can get a co-promotion deal that would do them any good once SF decides that would prefer Fedor as a free agent as well.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
You did, I chose to disagree. But I still don't get to watch as often as I would like too. I have a family and responsibilities that do not always look recognizable to people who are always looking forward to another "Kegger" with 15 year old girls who don't know what "roofies" are.

WTF R U talking about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime   M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime Empty

Back to top Go down

M-1 Global looking to land their own deal with Showtime
Page 1 of 1