Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism Empty
PostSubject: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:27 pm

ok so im taking Visual Communication and the test is Wednsday, we have to know about the Gestault theory and Constructivism

what Ive got is Gestalt basically saying - what a picture means to the viewer depends on the viewers experiences; the world is constructed in process of our perception. Then talk about the Law of Grouping

for Constructivism it says We construct the world around us then it talks about how you must scan what you se you never pick everything up on the first glance

so my questin is what the hell does all this jargon mean

in the great words of Denzel Washington in Philadelphia

explain this to me like im a 5 year old

Marble Im looking directly at you!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 8:45 pm

well i figured it out

Gestalts theory says we can see stuff (like periphrial) based on perception using 4 laws
SImilarity, Proximity, Continuation, and Common Fate

Constructivism basically says we see so much cause our eye is constantly working perceiving things

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 pm

NO FREAKING IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:45 pm

this visual comm class makes you memorize so many damn theories its tough
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:29 am

I'm semi familiar with both theories, I believe we touched on them in either Sociology or Phycology, although it was years ago. These are the kinds of classes you just do the reading, memorize the concepts and breeze through the class. Constructivism is actually a art movment aswell I believe, remember that from maybe an Art History or Design course I took.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:17 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I'm semi familiar with both theories, I believe we touched on them in either Sociology or Phycology, although it was years ago. These are the kinds of classes you just do the reading, memorize the concepts and breeze through the class. Constructivism is actually a art movment aswell I believe, remember that from maybe an Art History or Design course I took.

Just want to laugh at the drunk misspelled words and/or typos I made last night, Psychology
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:18 pm

damn, look what the cat dragged in
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:22 pm

What did it drag in? Thought I brought your sister home last night?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:23 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
What did it drag in? Thought I brought your sister home last night?

I don't know why you continue to burn yourself like that. I'll show a picture of my sister and we can really see who the joke is on.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Who said I did anything with her? I just brought her home, after 10 black guys and 3 midgets I wasn't touch that and she couldn't walk.......
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:30 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Who said I did anything with her? I just brought her home, after 10 black guys and 3 midgets I wasn't touch that and she couldn't walk.......

Don't lie, that is exactly how you like your pie before you eat it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism   HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism Empty

Back to top Go down

HomeWork Help : Gestalt and Constructivism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: