Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... Empty
PostSubject: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:35 pm

I watched Gegard vs Kang first, and during the fight I was thinking man Gegard's striking looks dangerous both in terms of knees while Kang had side control, and upkicks while he was on his back.

Then I watch Gegard vs Jacare right after, and sure enough he Ko's Jacare with an upkick(which was double pumped which makes it more impressive). The kick was so fast I did not see it in live action though I rewound it twice. I needed slow mo from another angle to see it.

Though in watching about 5 Gegard fights so far(including babalu), I have yet to see much in terms of standup or takedown defense.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

http://www.mmascraps.com/2008/12/gegard-mousasi-vs-musashi-video-k1.html

In Gegard first ever K1 match he destroys a veteran in the sport. Musashi was a 4 time K-1 Japan tournament champion, a former WAKO Heavyweight Muay Thai champion, and two time K-1 World Grand Prix finalist.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:16 pm

he chewed that guy up for sure. Very impressed with the continued onslaught. Punches in big bunches. Gegard was throwing like a 135 mexican boxer.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Why not a cuban boxer, an asian boxer, a black boxer or a white boxer (All right, I'll give you that)... Why does he have to throw like a Mexican boxer? Explain yourself, Private.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:50 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Why not a cuban boxer, an asian boxer, a black boxer or a white boxer (All right, I'll give you that)... Why does he have to throw like a Mexican boxer? Explain yourself, Private.

Uh, cause Mexican's are known for being uptempo high output boxers? You know what boxing is right?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:10 pm

captain organic wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

Uh, cause Mexican's are known for being uptempo high output boxers? You know what boxing is right?

You know... I started to type, "Just a little sarcasm for ya" due to the lack of a sense of humor plaguing this place lately... But I gave you the benefit of the doubt on picking it up. Looks like I was wrong...

And yeah, been boxing for some 35 years kiddo... I tink I have a pretty solid grasp on it. Careful, you're about to be dishonorably discharged, Private...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:14 pm

Every thread LTFG is in he makes some bitter unfunny pseudo sarcastic remarks coupled with some questionable opinion, and then when he gets lambasted brutally for it he always responds with "just being sarcastic, you're too stupid to understand, ive been training ultimate fighters for 50 years, i make a million dollars a day and am perfect"

I give him credit for trying to hang with the young men though.

Kind of like Brett Favre and Randy Couture minus the talent at anything and hall of fame career in something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:17 pm

Gegard in my estimation could be "weak" against the double leg. His grappling background before he started boxing was Judo, and it shows. Most of his takedowns are upper body style ones. Judo and greco guys traditionally have a weakness toward double leg takedowns and freestyle wrestling.

King Mo in this regard actually poses an interesting challenge to him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....   Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Gegard vs Kang-Gegard vs Jacare....
Page 1 of 1