Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you think going to...

Go down 
+5
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
Birdofthad
NoRegret
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Do you think going to... Empty
PostSubject: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Do you guys think going to a well respected, big university like Ohio State is worth it?

This is a serious question guys, so I would appreciate some serious answers. My dad really pissed me off earlier today. I told him how I wanted to apply to Ohio State...now most parents would be proud of that, or excited...the only thing he brought up was the fact that id be in debt for a long time and was arguing with me for a good 5 minutes about shit.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:36 am

well honestly the real thing that matters is do you think you can get it knocked out on time

cause it is a expensive school I imagine

i have a friend who took out big student loan and i can tell he regrets it know, big university was never in my vision really cause Texas is hard as hell, AM wasnt appealing and neither was Tech

going to TX State and its cheap compared to them

really just depends if you think you can graduate on time and pay the loan off
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:03 am

If you have the means to pay for it then sure. I don't think any college is worth paying off loans for an extended period of time though
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:05 am

Your dad is probably right simply because i think you only want to go to Ohio State because you're a Buckeyes nuthugger. i don't know why i think that, just a hunch.

The whole being in debt thing is a pretty logical argument as well but if you don't have a benefactor which it sounds like you don't, pretty much all colleges will put you pretty deep in the red. You just have to decide if making your nuthuggership for a college sports program actually make sense by becoming alumni is worth the extra debt.

Does your dad want you to go to college? did he make any suggestions other than coming down and working the coal mines with him and your brothers?

The first question is a serious question.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:27 am

Do you think going to... 25548_1215055580271_400_260
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:32 am

I think I'm getting the Black Lung Pop. It's not very well ventilated down there.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:24 am

lmao
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:32 am

You're an Ohio state resident, tuition should be somewhere around $8K, the comparison between Ohio State and the other Ohio colleges in terms of tuition should only be about a 2K difference, yet you'd get the best education at OSU. Here's a comparison between Ohio "State" colleges.

http://www.infoplease.com/edu/colleges/OH.html#axzz0zraUxpHk

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:53 am

Just when I was beginning to think you weren't scum. Die SUCKEYES!!

I L L I N I
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:04 am

There's nothing wrong with doing 2 years at community college then transferring to OSU.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:20 pm

franklinfan2 wrote:
There's nothing wrong with doing 2 years at community college then transferring to OSU.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:20 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I think I'm getting the Black Lung Pop. It's not very well ventilated down there.

favorite line of the movie
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:44 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Your dad is probably right simply because i think you only want to go to Ohio State because you're a Buckeyes nuthugger. i don't know why i think that, just a hunch.

The whole being in debt thing is a pretty logical argument as well but if you don't have a benefactor which it sounds like you don't, pretty much all colleges will put you pretty deep in the red. You just have to decide if making your nuthuggership for a college sports program actually make sense by becoming alumni is worth the extra debt.

Does your dad want you to go to college? did he make any suggestions other than coming down and working the coal mines with him and your brothers?

The first question is a serious question.

I may be a fan of the football team, but Ohio State happens to be one of the top academic schools in the state and also the country bub.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:45 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
You're an Ohio state resident, tuition should be somewhere around $8K, the comparison between Ohio State and the other Ohio colleges in terms of tuition should only be about a 2K difference, yet you'd get the best education at OSU. Here's a comparison between Ohio "State" colleges.

OSU is actually cheaper than some of the other schools around where I live. Id be living on campus obviously, which is what my dad doesnt want me to do.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:46 pm

franklinfan2 wrote:

I already did a year at a small college named Stark State, but I only went there back when I was gonna do firefighting because they have one of the best fire programs in the state...then I found out I couldnt do firefighting...sooo here I am lol a year offa school tryin to figure shit out again.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:34 am

NoRegret wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

OSU is actually cheaper than some of the other schools around where I live. Id be living on campus obviously, which is what my dad doesnt want me to do.

Part of me regrets I didn't get that classic college experience by dorming honestly, but that's gonna add like an extra 7K with what you'd already be spending on tuition, I'd say pass on the dorming and stay where you are. What's your GPA?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:59 am

my High School GPA sucked, but in my one year at college I had a 3.2 GPA.

And I wouldnt be able to commute to Ohio State lol that'd be like a two hour drive to Columbus and then a two hour drive back home lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think going to...   Do you think going to... Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think going to...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ninja's Place :: General Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: