Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic

Go down 
+4
Tobe06
LTFG
LA
marbleheadmaui
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic Empty
PostSubject: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 am

Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:01 am

Freddie Mercury is one of those guys who is simply too big for an imitation. Cohen may well do a great job. He'll still be a fraction of that charismatic genius that was Mercury.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:29 am

I can actually see this, he is the only actor I can think of that kind of has Freddie's look, he might do well.

Fat bottom girls make the rockin World go round
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:44 am

Isn't Sacha maybe a tad bit too big for Freddie ?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

Talk about an open ended question... Where does one go with that?

Let's assume you are referring to height? Freddie was a proud wearer or platform boots. Without them on he was well under 6'. I'm thinking they will have to do quite a bit of movie magic... Green Mile in reverse.

I've never really known of Sasha doing anything other than those dumb ass Borat type flicks. Is he capable of doing a serious part?
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Quote :

I've never really known of Sasha doing anything other than those dumb ass Borat type flicks. Is he capable of doing a serious part?

He might be, but the question is will people take him seriously even if he is being serious!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:44 am

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Talk about an open ended question... Where does one go with that?

Let's assume you are referring to height? Freddie was a proud wearer or platform boots. Without them on he was well under 6'. I'm thinking they will have to do quite a bit of movie magic... Green Mile in reverse.

Yeah I was talking about the height issue, Sacha is at least 6'1 or 6'2, Freddie wasn't a midget but he wasn't the tallest frontman out there.

As for being capable I couldn't tell you, I've only seen him do comedic work like Ali G,Borat and Talladega Nights. Some comedians can become terrific actors, just look at Robin Williams.

Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic SashaFreddie_1718258c
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:22 am

Sacha may not have the horrible overbite, but he can certainly pull it off. Great casting, really. He was the only thing that saved Sweeny Todd.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:50 am

In terms of appearance I couldn't think of a better actor, the size difference would/will be barely noticable. As for him as an actor, he has a unique ability to pull off eccentric characters, I have a feeling he's a solid serious actor aswell, you may not know this but he's actually like a genius I believe.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:58 am

They should have gotten this guy

Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic Alfredo-angulo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:44 am

Groundhog_Day wrote:
They should have gotten this guy

Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic Alfredo-angulo

Imagine fat bottomed girls in Spanish Laughing
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:13 am

He looks more like Frank Zappa.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:35 pm

No that guy looks like he could personally kill every member of Queen with the Dim Mak
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Should have gotten Dan Severn. He's used to humping guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic   Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic Empty

Back to top Go down

Sacha Baron Cohen to play Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic
Page 1 of 1